No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 1- Xaing Zhau and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy has been tampering with my food- he opens the packet for whatever reason, leaves his petrol and grease all through MY food, and then takes another packet. Ive either been late or had rank pulled, so for the last two days Iv'e had to eat grease filled ****, and im getting sick because of it. It aint fair and I'm sick of it.
    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Okay, is that true Harvard?
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Yes it is, Harvard is none too concerned about food, after all, it's organic mechanics.
        Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Okay Harvard from now on clean up before you hit the galley, and if you open food eat it don't leave it for someone else to clean up. Remember this stuff cost money and if you waste it the captain just might take it out of your pay.
          Ogilvy did you throw food into his room

Yea (reluctantly )
          Right go clean it up.

And both of you try to remember we all depend on each other out here. If someone or something bothers you talk the the person first. If that doesn't work come to me. Part of my job is to handle these things.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Dr. Achaylus Nissen looked around the corner to make sure the place was safe, he felt it was and taking a deep breath he stepped from the shadows, but he did not notice the small red dot placed directly at his heart, he continued to walk cautiously to the meeting point of a ship that could take him away from Persephone and to freedom.

Dr Acaylus Nissen heard the shot, but in the panic did not feel the bullet stike home, then a passerby pointed to Dr Nissen's chest and screamed. Dr Nissen looked down and finally knew he was a dead man, he stumbled and he knew in every detail of what was happening to him.

Finally 45 seconds later Dr.Achaylus Nissen closed his eyes and took one last breath and died in that non descriped dirty back alley. Persephone had claimed him.

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
              Harvard picked himself up from the floor - it wasn't too rough a landing, all things considered. Pity about the car going out the airlock - he could have monkeyed up a decent puddle-jumper out of it. Still, he had the engine and control set stowed in one of the cases in the hold. If he could scrounge a halfway decent hull...

Harvard waited for Brother Chin to complete an exercise rotation and face him, "Okay, grab your whisk. time to check on this bucket of bolts and see what's broken. And before you ask, something is always broken after a landing. And while we're at it let's pray they find a medic on this bombsite."
              "The captain requires me to accompany him to get "the goods" and presume that he meant immediately."

Chin looks around.

"I expect we have enough repair work to do that it won't be complete befroe I return."
              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
              George Mason
              Co-author of the Second Amendment
              during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

[For some unknown reason there seems to be some demand?]

"If I ever see you again...."

"You won't"

Those words had been spoken by a guy who thought he was a dead man. And in many ways it was true. Was there ever any life for a believer that had lost his reason to believe? And was there any reason for someone to be kept around when he was little more than a footnote and a reminder of an ugly truth? He didn't think so, and neither did his masters. And so they had already made their first attempt on his life before he even reached true Alliance space.

And then he realized what their sin was. It was Greed. And they had lied, and murdered, and done horrible things in the name of it, and all along calling it progress and safety. And he had bought it, their whole vision, and become nothing more than a self-important pawn in their scheme. Like a hostage with Stockholm, he had been lashing out against other victims, while all the while he was a victim himself.

And so, years too late, he became a brownshirt. Well, not exactly, as the rebels aren't keen on being represented by 1 man acting alone. But brown happens to be a convenient color on the fringe, so it's fitting. There are disadvantages to being invisible. It's hard to find passage or do anything official like. But on the upside, no one can acknowledge you exist, so you can't be 'wanted'.

Doesn't mean it stops everyone, but it stops most of them. And it helps out if you do the occasional freelance bounty job. Which of course wasn't what brought him to this 'hole. That would be the bounty hunters that he had escaped from. Good crew, but evidently misinformed about who they were being sent to snatch.

And so as a ship settles down for a landing, he pulls his cloak around him, concealing his weapons, and shoulders his pack for the trudge from his hideout. 'Geez, even the reavers leave this place alone most of the time.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Arguments reverberate down the hallways... it's amazing how sound travels in a ship when it's engines are quiet, not trying to beat the void into submission.

This is an old routine, minor infractions designed to establish a pecking order or just test people. It was a little sickening, too.
                  Well, at least none of them had broken into her room while she was in it, this time, so far....
                  Her usual trick of holding everyone at arms length had only worked for herself. The man with religiosity was not being the stabilizing influence she has assumed he would yet, maybe the engines were even worse off than she had assumed. And the poor Captain, whom she had half-suspected of spacing his last crew, was so damaged by what had happened that he was not ready to engage this new mob yet.
                  Can't blame him for that, making more friends always seems like a poor investment when they just seem to die on you.

The problem was, they had just landed on a planet where there was all sorts of possible dangers and no possibility of help.

Well, there was something that could be done about that.
                  One at a time, out of sight of the others, she walks up to each of the five very different men on the ship, as if she was going to say something to them. But then she looks up at them, from this close they can see that her eyes are a deep blue, not black, and today Phaing is not using that nagging madness to cover the soul-deep hurt that lies there. Then she just steps in and gives that person a hug. No particular kind of hug, just what that individual seems to need, or tolerate, and it only lasts half a minute. Wherever their hands go gets no reaction, this is a peace-offering as she know's full well that she is damaged goods anyhow.
                  Then, with a nod and a slantwise smile, she leaves without having said a word.

Then she strolls to the ramp and down to the planet's surface, taking a good look around this wasteland, waiting for the others to join her.
                  Hm... radiation may have a limited half-life, but this damn place looked as if it would stay ugly till the sun burned out.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    Right go clean it up.
                    I'm not cleaning his god forsaken room now, I got guard duty- Unless one of you wants to man the rifle..... thought not.
                    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

With Chin and Phiang on the PCM (Planetary Cargo Mule)* Rolf started the engines and set off toward the bunker entrance. Chin was looking around in shock, it seemed that he could feel the souls of the dead crying out in pain, for their loved ones and for the planet that once was.

Phiang leant across and spoke to Rolf "Boss, what are we carryin' to that geez back at Xiang?"

"Some form of anti-ship mine, so he can fend off the Alliance"

Phaing went back to her slouch, satisfied.

When they arrived at the Bunker entrance, there was a dark man standing at the entrance, wearing a Brown coat.There was ... something wrong with him. His eyes were full of implacable pain, and he seemed as if he had no aim in life.

"Whats someone doing on this rock? my goods are in threat there bunker you've been kipping in, things will be shiny if you just be on your merry and let us get our goods out, hear?"

Comment

Well, weirdness from the heart didn't work worth a damn, not even for one day. Something a little more radical might be needed.

Phaing is out of the Mule before it stops, legs scissoring like a Sand-piper as she puts some distance between herself and the Captain, about ten meters worth. It make it more unlikely for one man to be able to shoot them all before she or the Captain would be able to retaliate in kind.

That MB is not pointed straight at the stranger, but close enough to convey a general feeling of distrust and readiness for violence.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"Your goods are untouched. As for my coming to this rock, it could be considered an inconvenience. I have much work to do, and I quite obviously cannot do it here. So I would appreciate passage from here, and a moment's access to the cortex to see what work is available."

The lone figure waits, still standing in the entrance. He has no visible weapons, his hands tented in front of him. Yet he continues to look implacable, unmoved by the display of bravado from the evident leader of this band.
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Rolf holstered his pistol, and motioned for Phiang to do the same.

"Stranger, I don't know whether to trust you or not, you're a long way out from where sane man should be, and your manner 'aint to ingratiating. Payment of some form or another could brighten your chances of getting off this here rock by some bit sonny."

Comment

Chin whispered to Rolf "This is no ordinary wayfarer, Captain."

He looked around to make sure nobody else was lurking nearby, and said in a normal tone "This haunted place is not one anybody should care to linger. Lets gather up your property and leave here ma-shong <on the double>."
                              Last edited by Cyberknight; 16 Mar 11, 10:33.
                              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                              George Mason
                              Co-author of the Second Amendment
                              during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                                I'm not cleaning his god forsaken room now, I got guard duty- Unless one of you wants to man the rifle..... thought not.
                                You made the mess you clean the mess. That's the way it works. As for watching the area I'll do that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X