No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 1- Xaing Zhau and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "heres always salvage in Reaver space, by the time we get back it will probably be booby trapped though, not worth the risk. the payoff for the job should be enough to fix all the major problems."
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Ogilvy awoke to the delicious smell of brewing tea- a smell almost completely foreign to most as non synthetic tea was pretty rare nowadays. Ogilvy looked around to find he was on his bed in his quarters. the ship was moving and the lights were dimmed to 'night' mode. Chin was next to him, grasping a cup of steaming tea and looking concerned.

"Glad to see your Ok, my friend. Please, have some tea- its all the way from my monastery."

"what is it?"

"oh; sorry, its a selection of blended herbs, blended and infused in Boiling-"

"No, I've had real tea before, and I know theres more than just the black stuff. I had jasmine once, but this smells different."

Chin prattled on about the blend and its calming and mind sharpening properties but their idle chit chat could not slay the elephant in the room. Ogilvy looked down at himself: his clothes were streaked with blood and encrusted with unidentifiable grime. Ogilvy sat up, and heard his neck crunch as he did so. Silence fell.

"I'm sorry if you are Hurt Ogilvy: I meant you no harm, but had to stop you before you hurt someone. Listen, I'll understand if you don't want to talk but having someone like me to talk to could help- so please know that should you ever want to talk, I would think it a great honor to be your friend."

Ogilvy cast his eyes downward. Although he had no recollection of what happened, he knew how things were.

"I'm not a child."

"No, Ogilvy, I never-"

"thankyou for the tea Chin; it is delicious, and I am grateful for all you have done for me this evening. I would appreciate some time alone with my thoughts now."

Chin heaved a weighty sigh- he knew better than most that being alone in his disturbed mind was the last thing Ogilvy needed and the worst thing for him, but it would be better to leave him for now than to risk angering him and distressing him further.

"I'll leave the pot- I have plenty" chin said with a forced smile. "Do remember what I said Ogilvy, I am your friend and am available at any time to talk."

Ogilvy thanked Chin for the tea again, without looking up- thinking that a friend was the last thing he wanted, or deserved. Once the echoing of footsteps had ceased in the corridor, Ogilvy bolted his door.
      Sitting on the bed with knees drawn to chest and hair over his face, Ogilvy sat, and sipped his tea feeling the gradual change in temperature from scalding hot to freezing cold.
      Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Able was sitting on his case, cleaning his sword and knife when Rolf walked up, decidedly unhappy.

"Ok, I don't want any lies from you, who are you!?"

"That is a complicated question."

"No one fights that good and doesn't have any record in the cortex. And I know your name isn't Able. Despite what the Cortex says you are."

"The cortex can say a great many things. As a man I once knew said, there is the puppet theater, and there is the truth of the signal."

"Well, I want to know who you really are, and how you got to that rock I found you!"

"You don't have to scream" Able says calmly, still cleaning his blade "I got to that planet in exactly the same way that I told you. Some bounty hunters that didn't really get who they were sent after."

"And your name?"

"What is in a name? Would not a Rose by any other...."

"Stop with the ! What is your name?"

"Temper, temper. Do be careful, it can lead to sin. Suffice it to say that I am, and that I am not. And that is the best way I can explain my name."

Rolf continued to look at Able with a mix of confusion and irritation. He was good, inhumanly good, in a fight, but this business of being completely nameless was also inhumanly strange....every body has a name, don't they?
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• "Cleared for Docking Gabriel. A Team will be on hand to assist."

As soon as the airlocks pressurised, a team rushed aboard and grabbed four of the six cases. A second, less urgent, Paramedic team came aboard to retrieve Phiang, who was taken to the medical ward. Rolf activated the secondary alarum routines, anyone trying to sneak aboard the ship would get a nasty suprise.

"Right crew, shore-leave, try not to get in trouble while I get us another job. Be back at the ship in 24, otherwise I get your cut and your gear."

He threw Harvard a bag of platinum coins "That should be enough to get us some fuel and spare parts, with some left over as a bonus."

Then, alone, he set off to meet with Liang.

Comment

• Able locks everything up, setting another computerized lock on his case as well. He checks both his automatic and his knife (the only visible weapons, though the revolver is still likely around) then he slings on his long-coat and stalks out, turning in the same direction as the captain, but keeping a well-moderated distance.......and trying to remain inobtrusive.

Comment

• Not bluddy likely

Tamie smiles at that one.
              Thinks "Not bluddy likely - I can carry all me own Gear, not gonna get caught without it agin". He waits until Rolf has left, then straps on the back Holster, and fits the Meat Axe in place.
              Picking up his heavy Kit Big with a grunt, he walks out of the airlock, just before Able locks up.
              He sets off in a different direction from Rolf and Able - thinking of some tasty snacks he can buy, and maybe a wet or two.
              Last edited by Karakris; 02 Apr 11, 03:15.
              G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
              Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
              Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
              Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• Ogilvy feels the shudder of the ship as it docks and emerges from his room for the first time in two days. After grabbing ALL his gear, and returning his quarters to an immaculate state, he slams the door and makes to leave the ship. "Ok Rolf, time for the evening news." he says to the empty corridor. striding toward the exit, he sees A team of medics rushing a stretcher bearing a small female form off the ship- "Fang!" Ogilvy pushes past one of the rescued guys and Rolf and rushes off after the paramedics.
                Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Harvard hefts the bag of coins and guesses there's enough to buy about to of all the critical bits, three of the important bits, or a month long bender...

Discretion wins over the desire for pleasure and Harvard has enough money left over to get some spares for the car Phiang was trying to sell plus a nice little bonus. Pity buying stowing it and repairing it all took 23 hrs. Not even enough time to get clean clothes. Wait a mo, there was always the rip-off merchants by the docks.

Harvard was back on board The Gabriel with 30 min to spare and carrying a large parcel wrapped in brown paper. He had a slightly crazed grin on his face. Brother Chin gave him an inquiring look.

"They're mine and you can't have them," said Harvard as he slammed the door to his room.

Comment

• Tamie ducks into a back alley - when no-one is watching, and quckly unstraps the top of his right boot. He pulls out a leather purse from a concealed pocket inside his boot - removes some coins, and puts the purse back again. Strapping the top of his boot back in place - there is no sign that it contains anything but his leg and foot.

Thinks Tamie "That was about the only good thing them Reavers ever did for me". "Ate me parents, and tried to eat me - before Uncle Hal took them apart with his hand cannon". "Left me minus some meat on me right leg, but I never notice it now - 'leastways it gives me room for the hideyhole in me right boot, and a hiding place for the Flenching Knife and scabbard up against me right calf".

He puts the coins in an inside pocket in his long dark grey coat, which hangs a little strangely over the back holster and the Meat Axe.
                    "Riiight" He says - "now to get me some grub and a wet" - and he strides off towards a Bar, visible down the street.

In the Bar he manages to avoid surly looks and curious stares. Keeping his thoughts and his words to himself, and his Kit Bag at his feet - he munches his way through four packs of snacks and washes them down with four drinks.

He strides back to the Ship with about 45 minutes to spare - well it is a bit more like lurching than striding. "Damn" - he mutters to himself "I always get wobbly on that right leg, when I have had a good wet".
                    Last edited by Karakris; 03 Apr 11, 01:45.

Comment

• Why is it that we seem to have an entire crew of nuts, weirdoes and paranoids?
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Sorry - I am trying to do a bit of Character here

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                        Why is it that we seem to have an entire crew of nuts, weirdoes and paranoids?
                        Sorry - I just try - My Man - I just try.

BTW - I do have a limp in my Right Leg - not just when I am drunk though. That is the price of old age.
                        Hang-on, can't remember when I was last drunk - years ago.
                        I Must stop this off-topic stuff - sorry to G.M.
                        Last edited by Karakris; 03 Apr 11, 01:43.

Comment

• Slav dresses in something resembling an officer uniform, stuffs his wallet to make it look like it's full of money and sets his hat at a rakish angle.

“Okay” he thinks to himself “two things to do in my time off. First check on Phang, then see if I can turn up some friendly ladies”.
                          Last edited by Tsar; 03 Apr 11, 07:00.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• NOTE

No one is going back to ship yet ...

Sorry, won't be able to update till tomorrow, a certain housemate (ogilvy knows of him) has been stealing my Laptop charger, Hence lack of reliable power.

Comment

• No worries. "Able" continues to follow the Captain, keeping a respectful distance and staying inobtrusive. He wants to know what this guy is up to, and what sort of man he is. Plus, this captain seems to have a penchant for running smack into all kinds of trouble.....

Comment

• Caleb finished giving the Paramedic who had to come to collect Phaing his report, Then followed them at a distance as the wheeled towards the infirmary.

(OCC: sorry for short reply, one hell of a busy weekend)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X