Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 1- Xaing Zhau and Beyond

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just for the fun of it, Harvard decides to cycle a round in and out of the cannon. Yep, working smoothly.

    "You want me to give the Reavers a hurry up, Cap'n?" He returned his aim to the engine venturi and waited for Rolf's reply.

    Comment


    • Able looks at Phaing and says:

      "Well, looks like we're going to be in close quarters. Too close for a rifle, but close enough for this."

      Able slings his carbine over his shoulder and grabs his favorite weapon. Phaing simply nods in agreement (Phaing also knows what it is). The two of them then set off for the staterooms, and the Reavers.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

      Comment


      • Close Quarters or not, Phaing sticks to her HMG. The rounds can't penetrate a Hull, but they should be able to punch through interior walls.... gotta hope so, anyways.

        (Dashy- if the reavers are down the Hall we are looking down, Phaing has already opened fire. Yes, she would have trouble controlling the gun if this twerp fired long bursts. Therefore she will not- a quick series of short bursts by feathering the trigger is how Vets usually do it. I looked at the rules but didn't really understand if there was an option like that in there.)
        If they are not, I guess Able leads the way. He's quieter, much.... and when it comes to stealth, well, lets just say there are other schools of thought.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

        -Captain Jack

        Comment


        • Caleb takes a look at the door, which is visibly starting to buckle under the battering ram's assault.

          "Well sport, in answer to you query about the door, I'd say not much longeah."

          He looked about the cabin half heartedly, considering Tamie's question.

          "Well unless you happen to have a set of welding equipment handy, and something sturdy to weld across that opening hidden about here, I don't think we can do much except hope that our rescue get here first." said Caleb, fingering the slim blade of his gentlemen's sword

          " and also Tamie, and don't take this wrong way, bein' that were out in the middle of reveah territory, why is it that you are completely unarmed?"

          Comment


          • Combat may be a problem, if you don't like the way Im going to do it please tell me

            Rolf followed the two militant members of his crew into the fray, he didn't want to get in their way, and his sharp eye and quick trigger finger were better suited for combat not involving his fists.

            He did switch his pistol to "Grape" however.

            He watched Able and Phiang step up into the room above ...
            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

            Comment


            • ^we dont know how your going to do it, as you haven't done it yet... foo'
              Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
              ~Noam Chomsky

              Comment


              • Please try and keep the Role Play thread Role Play.

                Are you in combat?

                No.

                Only Able and Phaing are, thus their characters have been sent. PMs related to the subject.
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

                Comment


                • SPOILER ALERT!!! geez, now i know the reavers won't try and sneakily hijack the ship- Gosh dashy, some GM you are.

                  TROLL


                  nah, sorry man, next time ill remember to put OOC.
                  please don't hurt me...
                  Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                  ~Noam Chomsky

                  Comment


                  • Hmmm - not quite

                    Originally posted by Distaff View Post
                    Caleb takes a look at the door, which is visibly starting to buckle under the battering ram's assault.

                    "Well sport, in answer to you query about the door, I'd say not much longeah."

                    He looked about the cabin half heartedly, considering Tamie's question.

                    "Well unless you happen to have a set of welding equipment handy, and something sturdy to weld across that opening hidden about here, I don't think we can do much except hope that our rescue get here first." said Caleb, fingering the slim blade of his gentlemen's sword

                    " and also Tamie, and don't take this wrong way, bein' that were out in the middle of reveah territory, why is it that you are completely unarmed?"
                    "No offence taken - cobber"

                    "Well - the Gunnies got left in my damn Kit - sort of either / or thing". "When I got jumped by the gangers whilst running 'packages' for the Darkmen, back aways - the Gunnies were stashed in my Kit - otherwise I would have lost both of them". "There were too many gangers, and I didn't get a chance to use my knife".
                    "So on this Ship, I stashed them with my Kit - mebbe to collect when needed - but they were damn well out of reach when the Reavers struck".

                    "But unarmed - not really - I just wonder what the 250mm double-edged knife inside my coat scabbard will do - against 10 or so Reavers". "Not much - I figger".

                    "Mebbe - just mebbe the Reavers will lose a few, on account of these new 'pirates' - mebbe not".
                    Last edited by Karakris; 27 Mar 11, 08:26.
                    G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                    Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                    Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                    Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

                    Comment


                    • Action
                      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                        Action
                        Meaning,,, what?
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

                        -Captain Jack

                        Comment


                        • looking at your roll... nothing good.
                          Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                          ~Noam Chomsky

                          Comment


                          • Action:

                            Rolf Rolled a 18, Modifier +5 - Success required a 15 Critical Success a 25

                            Able an 8, Modifier +10 - Success required 15, critical success 25, godlike success 30

                            Phiang a measly 1, Modifier +5 - Success required a 15, Critical success 25.

                            And yes, I'm using a simplified system.

                            Click on the roll button, I have not twisted events in any way, that's the way the virtual Die fell.

                            Sorry guys, got caught by a birthday halfway through typing.

                            And heres the action, Be warned,its R16 at the least, but Reavers are like that.


                            Able was first up the narrow stairwell, and even having seen and done what he had before in life he was appalled.

                            By the Blue couches directly across from the stairwell two reavers were eating a crewmember, one tearing at the body's thigh with his teeth while the other dug his tongue into the body's exposed brain. Almost right next to Able, three Reavers were using a makeshift battering ram. even a child could tell that the next impact would break the doors hinges.

                            about ten meters sternside(?) of the blue couches, a single Reaver stands above two children, and is using their stomachs to make what seems to be a face mask.

                            the last reaver seems to be vigorously molesting a body via a wound down the hallway. None of the Reavers noticed Able.

                            As soon as Phaing reached the top of the stairs, Able nodded toward the "Couch" reavers. He ran around the reavers as to be behind them, just as they turned to face him, a kick to the last ones back propelled him into the first, Able then used the forward movement of both to impale them upon his 14" knife, the first to slide onto the blade died instantly, the other receiving a blade to the left forearm. He then pulled out his special weapon and slashed the third from head to toe, causing a cascade of gore. He then turned to face the last of his foes, the wounded and enraged reaver.

                            Phiang, decided to shoot the face-masking Reaver, however it seemed her ammo was faulty, and caused excessive recoil, causing the HMG to fly out of Phiangs hands, nearly breaking a finger. thus distracted the facemasking Reaver rushed her catching her off-guard, knocking her back with a hit from its club.*

                            However he was unable to finish off the unconscious Phaing as his head was blown off by a shot from Rolfs Le-Mat, Rolf quickly reloaded and shot the Reaver engaged in molestation, before turing to check if Phiang was OK.


                            Breakdown

                            *Critical Failure means exactly that, Critical Failure, roll a 1 and chances are you will die. Lucky for Phaing, Ex has quite a stockpile of Plot Points for good role-play, reducing the Instant Death to mere unconsciousness(-1PP)**.

                            I did not roll for the reavers, Only PC's will roll (at this stage anyway) and all results will be based on the value of these rolls, to keep complexity down, I'm only going to use d20 Die.

                            **You will never know howmany plot points you have, all of you have some, though some have more than others. I will award these for good roleplay and ingenious solutions THAT ARE IN CHARACTER if your holy priest character, with a background of being peaceful, comes up with a brilliant plan for violence, it will not get PP's.

                            Plot Points will be used by me on occasions like this to prevent death and you can ask in advance if you wish your PC to use PP's to boost his/her next roll.

                            Please direct your questions to the Firefly Thread, keep em off RP please. If you want to see the rolls for yourself, click on the star next to the D20.
                            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

                            Comment


                            • Finishing Up(hopefully)

                              Rolf Rolled a 15, Modifier+5, basic Success required a 15, Success required a 20, critical success a 25

                              Able Rolled a 14, Modifier +10, Basic Success required a 15, Success a 20, Critical Success(so close!) a 25, Godlike Success a 30.



                              The Wounded Reaver lunges at Able, while the two couch reavers attempt to circle around and attack Rolf (who has switched from shotgun function to normal firing mode).

                              Able launches a kick at the wounded reaver, successfully knocking him back, and runs to face the to couch reavers. Rolf shoots the stumbling reaver, taking four shots to finish him.

                              The first reaver swings an axe at Ables left arm, he catches it on his weapon, and using the reavers own impetus, forces the axe into the other reavers brain, he then withdraws his weapon and twirls to deal with the last reaver. Seeing Rolf take aim behind him, he feints with his weapon then kicks the reaver away, the reaver receives two bullets to the brain, killing him instantly.

                              Rolf hurries back to Phiang, and notices blood seeping from a head-wound.

                              He goes to the dented door and kicks it in. Upon seeing the occupants he asks "Either one of you folks a doc? If soyou both got free passage off this here ship."

                              Meanwhile, Able is checking for salvage. The (non electric) Grapple used by the reavers to catch the ship had destroyed the shuttle, and much of the electronics. However parts of the engine were salvageable.

                              "Captain, I suggest we get the Mechanics over here, I'm sure the twitchy one could find something of use on this hulk of rusting scrap."

                              Action End.

                              On Combat Modifers

                              Able-10
                              Rolf-5
                              Phiang-5
                              Ogilvy-5
                              Caleb-5
                              Chin-5
                              remainder-0

                              These things are fluid,I'm using these particular modifiers for the first chapter, afterwards I might change the system.
                              Last edited by Dashy; 28 Mar 11, 18:39.
                              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

                              Comment


                              • Able takes a moment of silence to look about the room. Then, with a solemn appearance, he cuts a piece of cloth from one of the couches, and proceeds to wipe both his weapons clean before replacing them in their respective spots.

                                Turning and seeing Phaing lying on the ground, Able rushes to her side, checking her pulse and breathing and giving her a quick once over for other injuries......
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X