No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 1- Xaing Zhau and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Able doesn't say anything. He just steps to the front of the line, adjusts his buttstock, and checks to make sure a round is in the chamber. The battle music is singing within him, and he once again faces one of his nemesi.....
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Hmmm - better, mebbe

Tamie turns to Caleb "Sounds like help coming - thank the Kraken for that ". "Do you think that door is gonna hold much longer, cobber ?"
      "Hmmmm - It wud be such a damn pity to get eaten just before we get rescued".
      Thinking - It wud also be just my luck, which has been damn wonderful so far, hasn't it - Not.
      "Well, at least this new bunch ain't Reavers - must be something good in that". "We could end up all shiny - or not".
      G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
      Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
      Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
      Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• Chin finally speaks his thoughts.

"This might just hold together for more than one more trip."

"OK everyone we're good for now."

"Harvard?"

"Phaing?"

"Captain?"

"Anyone?"

Chin picks up his staff and heads to the airlock.

"Hwoo dahn." (Son of b***h.)
        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
        George Mason
        Co-author of the Second Amendment
        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• Chin are we ready to run if we need to?
          The rest have gone to the other ship if there’s trouble we will try to extract them but since the muscle are already there we may just have to run for it. Standby for orders.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Phaing is impatient to get started, but forces herself to wait for the Captain.

She glances back, wondering what is taking so long and ready to hit the door herself , and happens to see Chen coming.
            "What the hell are you doing here?" she asks out loud without realizing it.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Ogilvy Glances backward at Chin. He nods and turns to face the captain again.

"If you don't like my plan then thats shiny by me. I'm fast enough with a pistol, but I only got six shots to the barrel- meaning my usefullness close quarters depends on how many reavers there are. Perhaps if you insist on doing things a-la-rambo, I would be better suited to guarding the airlock, in case the reavers try to take the ship while our fighting force is occupied."

Rolf seems to barely register that Ogilvy spoke at all, while Phaing grunted something that sounded like ascent. Ogilvy Turned back to Chin: "unless you really wanna go bonanza on the reavers, perhaps you could cover me? that way you won't break any sacrosanct Monk Rules because you need only step in when we are in peril."

Chin tilted his head and considered Ogilvy's proposition, like the others, lost in thought.
              Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Harvard waited for the "Shoot the cannons" order. Oh crap, that damn idiot monk had better not have taken his favourite wrench over to the other ship...

Comment

• Able still says nothing, simply listening to the rhythm building in his own mind as the ships close for docking. It wasn't a matter of plans and schemes and teamwork to him. He had been born for this moment, those reavers were part of the thing which had destroyed him, and he would kill them. For once the whole 'verse was in harmony again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    Chin are we ready to run if we need to?
                    The rest have gone to the other ship if there’s trouble we will try to extract them but since the muscle are already there we may just have to run for it. Standby for orders.
                    "The drive is as shiney as it has been since we boarded. I wouldn't recommend racing her, but she can run."
                    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                    George Mason

Comment

• Chin glanced at Ogilvy and the Captain and smiles.

"Ah. I am much relieved to hear that this is all part of a plan."

*sigh*
                      George Mason

Comment

• "Ok chaps, let us end this."

*Ie, Move out?*
                        Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• "Able" looks at Rolf with a quizzical gaze that virtually screams "Well......?"

From the way in which he is poised to strike, it's obvious he's not asking about a plan, or about a team, or about is everyone ready. All he wants to know is when someone's going to open the door and let him be about his business.

Comment

• "Slavimor, Open the airlock please"

*Happy?*
                            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• "Quite" Able says, as if he had read the captain's mind. The airlock hisses and starts to open. Able sets his feet and crouches slightly, carbine up and at the ready.

*now, what's coming through the door eh?*

Comment

• While Chin always thought that the complexity of military tactics were beyond his training or his mind set, hitting anything that threatened his compatriots was something he had done since he was part of the monastery response team at age 16. That was not a concept that seemed so militarily complex or philosophicaly threatening. Controlling ones anger and emotions is part of the discipline of the righteous fist.

Unless there were Reavers beyond that hatch...
                                Last edited by Cyberknight; 26 Mar 11, 10:51.
                                George Mason

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X