Firefly RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly RPG

And From the Ashes of the Science Fiction wargame did arise the Phoenix.

Using this system featured HERE I intend to GM a Role Playing Game based in the Firefly universe.

It's time to make a new boat and crew, we got some philandering to do!

Crewmembers first, then I'll start working on the boat. We Need a Captain, Mechanic, Medic and pilot, along with Mercenaries and people who talk fancy, hell, even a missionary would be nice ... ish ()

I seriously suggest you re-watch the series and even movie for inspiration.
    Last edited by Dashy; 10 Mar 11, 00:30.
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

I'm in!
    Can we say from the get-go that imitating Serenity crew-members should be frowned on?

You seem to be off to a good start by representing the un-seen Chinese half of the 'verse. Need any Cambodians?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

anyones fine and shiny to join the crew, so long as they aint alliance.

Comment

This is a remarkable little goody-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nets_and_moons

The map is hard to read, but all in all, it's a great list of worlds and moons for this little 'verse.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

My time gets shorter every day, but being a Firefly Fan, I'm going to give this my best effort.

Phaing (pronounced "fang") {yes, I know the name is as common as "Smith" in Asia, so don't bet that it's her real name}
          Female mix-blooded Asiatic 5'0", 80 pounds soaking wet.
          Streaky blond hair and Blue eyes, such a dark blue they look black from just a meter away.
          Exotically attractive, or downright peculiar, depending on your P.O.V.

Laid-back and mellow most of the time, with a strange accent ... or maybe just a lack of aptitude or interest in speaking properly. Easily bored, curious and automatically tunes out boring/false/political conversations.
          She has an occasionally alarming tendency to go berserk when pushed around. Mercenaries have labeled her abnormally violent and brutal... by their own standards.

Weapons;
          Twin fighting knives, half a dozen mini-grenades [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V40_Mini-Grenade ] Derringer (9mm) Mini-Uzi (worn and used as a pistol).
          I would love it if she could have one of these- Basically a small MG-42 that fires 5.56mm, and weighs less than 12 pounds-
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CETME_Ameli
          But.... I will settle for this if need be-
          http://sbsreview.net/Article_Detail....tent1198744250

Speaking of Mercenaries, I came up with a bit of History-

Marauder's Muggers; Special Forces types. Fought so well on the Indy side that the Alliance spared them, now a private security firm on a distant moon.

The 1st Whitefall Banshees; a combined-arms outfit that defected to the Indies after their home was bombarded by the Alliance. Thought to have been annihilated at Serenity Vally, but there are rumors of survivors from time to time.

Shaitan's Panzer Brigade; The worst of the worst, betrayed the Indies twice and the Alliance once... but once is all it takes with the Alliance. Hunted to this day despite a ratio of 5 bounty-hunters missing per Shaitan-ite proven dead.
          None of their transports still exist, but part of their gear is unaccounted for, including several 100-ton tanks.

Rumor has it that Phaing was kicked out of all three while still in her teens ... but you know what rumors are worth these days.

Not a mini-Jayne, but you'll have to work at peeling this onion's layers back.
          Last edited by The Exorcist; 09 Mar 11, 23:54.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Ok, Better get some scenery up.

Our crew is going to start their adventure on Xing Zhan, a Borderworld space station. the station is roughly 1 kilometre by 100 meters, and is packed full of merchants, trustworthy and not so.

Xing Zhan (station of the Stars, Star Station) was constructed by the Alliance almost right after the war of independence, and was used as a temporary base for gunship patrols, hunting for fugitive and the like. once Alliance cruisers took that job, the station was auctioned off privately to a businessman. Liang Chung Brought the Station and turned it into a floating fuel and commodity station. it soon became well known as a place where you could sell your shiny at a good price with no questions asked.

All sorts come to Xing Zhan, and all sorts are welcome.

Comment

Thanks, Exorcist for pointing me here. I run a mini-group under the cortex rules (me and two friends), and have all the books.

I would love to join, but I don't think I have the time right now since I'm pretty active in an Out Of The Park Baseball Online league and run a game of War in the East on the side.

I'll be sure to follow this game, though.
              One Strikeout is a tragedy, a million Strikeouts are a statistic.
              - "Stallin' Joe" Dshugashvili, Manager of the Moscow Red Stars 1922 - 1953

Comment

I am a nurse by trade begs the medic role, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                  anyones fine and shiny to join the crew, so long as they aint alliance.
                  Brown Shirt for life and feck U-Day.

Comment

Ok, write us up a backstory and we got us another crewmember.

shiny.

Comment

Sign me up as a merc. I won't be as colorful as Jane, but gorram I can shoot a man dead if it needs doin'.

I have the Firefly RPG on pdf, if anyone wants copies to peruse.

Wait, I hope its the same one Dashy is using.
                      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I think I might be interested. I also own the game and had been playing around with a totally different approach to the religious character.

I was thinking of a young, say 25 year old, Chinese Buddhist monk but more along the lines of Shao Lin martial arts practicioner who is was also the mechanic and general handyman for his monastery until it was taken out by Reavers. Our character was the only survivor as he was out in the boonies working on a tractor when the monastery was hit. He still desn't like to kill folks but he is no pushover either and in a hand to hand fight he rarely loses. Mechanical and electrical equipment are just easy for him figure out, but he ain't never been on a spaceship before so he will need to learn.

What do you think Dashy?
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Well since Medic is taken.... Pilot? character post pending
                          Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                          ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

CO,

You need to have the Jayne character in this game. Trust me.......you neeeed to be him. Anything else is just going to seem out of character for you?
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                              CO,

You need to have the Jayne character in this game. Trust me.......you neeeed to be him. Anything else is just going to seem out of character for you?
                              You volunteering?
                              Can't all be Mercs, we also need some genuine oddities.

Passengers... I know we don't have a ship yet, but should we assume that there will be room for any passengers?

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
                              ...general handyman for his monastery until it was taken out by Reavers. Mechanical and electrical equipment are just easy for him figure out, but he ain't never been on a spaceship before so he will need to learn.
                              Ah, something else we need ... sounds like less-than an expert, here's hoping we get a ship that's not as shaky as Serenity!
                              This sounds like it's gonna be more fun than the game I'm running!
                              Last edited by The Exorcist; 10 Mar 11, 20:39.
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X