The Risen Dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Risen Dead!

Ok, this is stolen from another forum I'm on-it's, well, about the risen dead! Zombies! Zam-bies! It will be a somewhat informal "wargame", where a team of 8-10 survivors will be given a beginning scenario, and then will be given a couple options-those options lead to a resolution and then another couple options. You must agree about what to do, and may offer modifications to options, but modifications only. I'll try to offer more opportunities for you to vote on things, to make it more interesting. You will choose a name and gender, phyisical appearance, including height and weight, which can come into play in certain scenarios, and some info about your character before the zombies rose. Keep everything practical, as this is still a serious game.

So copy this template, and feel free to post pics for your weapons...

Name: [Insert name and (M) or (F) to indicate gender]
    Physical features: [height, weight, race if you want, other traits are optional]
    Character background: [Insert some stuff about your character-is he military? Is he a teacher, or was he a teacher? Was he a pro skateboarder? Come up with anything you want but within feasibility]

and now for the fun part-copy this template for which weapons to have, and be sure to take into account the relation between body size and weapon weight/size, and all that stuff. Feel free to post RESIZED pics of your guns. Also post which caliber-some guns can be different ones.

Primary weapon: [Generally an assault rifle but it doesn't have to be]
    Secondary weapon: [Generally a pistol, but it could be a PDW or a small SMG like an MP5K-it's up to you]
    Melee: [Optional, but recommended, and also recommended to be something like a tomahawk or a long knife, and you can carry two melee weapons]

So fill the stuff out, and pass this thread along to friends-get people interested-on the other forums it's a fun game, and I think we can have fun with it!
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Here's an example of my character from the other forums I took the idea from:

Name: Andrew Pen (M)
    Physical features: 6'1", white Caucasian, average weight
    Character background: History enthusiast-got pretty good grades in High School, did college and ROTC, becoming an officer and serving in Afghanistan, where he received a medal. Became a historian through American Military University. Also a gun enthusiast.

I won't post pics, but my loadout:

Primary weapon: Barrett REC7
    Secondary weapon: Berretta Px4 Storm .45 conversion
    Melee: Cold Steel brand Trench Hawk and M1918 Trench/Knuckle Knife
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Not to mock your game... this is directed at the whole Zombie Genre'

Name- I dunno, some dinky Asian chick, weighs about 85 pounds soaking wet, call her Sissy.
      Loadout- One M-4 Sherman.
      Mounts one flamethrower side by side with one howitzer (as in Iwo Jima)
      Preference for canister and H.E. ammo, but it really makes no difference.
      Should be no effort to attract a crew. She drives, accuracy of the gunners should be little issue dealing with the whole Inhuman Wave thing.
      Game Over.

Not cinematic enough, I guess.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Hmmm... that was kinda rude to the enthusiasts, wasn't it?

OKay, I better play along, lets see how this works;

John Smith. 5' 11", 200 lbs. Old Redneck, prone to extreme violence when isolated from all sources of Whiskey. Good survival skills (rural/wilderness only). Backpack full of food and other goodies.

Primary Weapon; Marlin 444 lever-action, 40 rounds {300-grain soft-point)
        2ndary weapon; Ruger Super-Blackhawk, 55 rounds
        Melee; two-handed scimitar w/30" blade and custom grip.
        Double-edged dagger w/ 12" blade.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Righty-o then:

Mr. Tate. 6' 220 lbs. semi-retired Government Operative (CIA 'problem solver') Trained to kill/survive just about anything, anywhere, has the resume to prove it (heavily re-dacted) Huge fan of Zombie Genre ( refuses to admit it)

Primary Weapon: L115A3 AWM, Silenced, wi 338 Lapua (Approx 1400 yds range) 60 rounds.

Secondary: Glock 19 wi 9mm Mecury filled Hollowpoints 6 spare Mags + spare box of reloads

Melee: Katana 36" (1560 Fold) Custom Grip
          Panga 20" Custom grip
          Hunting knife 9"
          Last edited by Arthwys; 25 Feb 11, 14:25.
          BoRG
          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
            Primary Weapon: L115A3 AWM, Silenced, wi 338 Lapua (Approx 1400 yds range) 60 rounds.

Secondary: Glock 19 wi 9mm Mecury filled Hollowpoints 6 spare Mags + spare box of reloads

Melee: Katana 36" (1560 Fold) Custom Grip
            Panga 20" Custom grip
            Hunting knife 9"
            A sniper-interesting, and not just a DMR too. I'll probably have someone with you at all times that has an automatic weapon as better protection.

--Hávamál

Comment

Robert Redford

5'11", 24yo, W, M, Muscular Build. Former Marine turned LEO. Has moderate wilderness and urban survival skills. Has driven every non-tracked vehicle in USMC inventory. History and military enthusiast and even has a few bootleg hours in small planes (including one successful landing ).

Kit: Woodland Camo MARPAT uniform, Kevlar-lined cut-resistant gloves, Daypack and Camelbak, Class IIA Vest, Snake Boots, Duty Belt (taser, baton, spray, 2 pistol mags, handcuffs), drop leg rig with 3 double mag pouches for rifle. Folding knife in each pocket for utility use. (any yes, I really have all of that on hand)

Primary: AR15A4 5.56 mid-length carbine. EOTech sight w/ magnifier. 3pt sling w/ pouch. 8 magazines (6 on leg, 1 in rifle, and 1 in buttstock mag pouch (total 240 rds)

Secondary: Remington 870 12ga w/6rd mag extension. In sleeve strapped to Daypack. 40rds Buckshot carried in pockets or daypack.

Tertiary: Glock 21 .45cal. Tritium sights, 6x13rd mags (1 in gun, 2 on duty belt, 3 in pack). 100rds boxed ammo for a total of 179rds.

Melee: RMJ Tactical SHRIKE Tomahawk. Worn strapped to duty belt. Cold Steel 1917 Saber. Worn strapped to daypack hilt-up.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Rangi Hori- 5'3" 34 year old Maori man. New Zealand history enthusiast living in the states. Has been living in the mountains since the late 90's.

Dresses in traditional Maori Chieftain dress:

He carries a Charlton automatic rifle as his main armament, specially fitted with a laser dot projector. he carries a rucksack made of flax loaded down with .303 bullets for the beast.

His secondary armament is an Owen Submachine gun (stamped with NZ markings of course), the ammunition for which is stored in several magazines in the same rucksack as the .303, with loose round in the heavy sack as well.

He carries a Patu as his main melee weapon:

with some knuckle dusters in his rucksack as backup.
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Name: Biddy Smithers.

Height was 6'2, but because of hunch back now around 5'6- depending on temperature and quality of nights sleep.

Loadout: one Gold plated AK with hand carved "dum-dum" bullets. Two gold plated Desert Eagles with custom wrist braces so they can be used for dual wielding. Barbed wire covered cricket bat and a banjo Mandolin- AKA Bandolin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo_mandolin.

Should he ever find his key to the outside shed he would have a jetpack he designed back in '54.

drives a Ford Nucleon- modified to jettison nuclear wast at oncoming zombies: effect unknown. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Nucleon

veteran in every major war since WW2.

nah- just made this one for thew lolz..... ill make a serious one later.
                  Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                  ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

How ironic is it that I'm watching Zombieland tonight?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Guys-please don't clutter this thread...although...would you guys prefer a social group or playing thread?

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                        Guys-please don't clutter this thread...although...would you guys prefer a social group or playing thread?
                        Playing thread
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Ok guys keep an eye out for the playing thread, once we get some more people. I'd prefer at least 8 but 6 could do, but for the kind of area you'll be in I think 8 would be better than 6 or 7.

On the playing thread it will be business-I don't want off topic or otherwise unnecessary posts. Just discussing the situation to come up with which of the options I give you will be the best. Also, I might have to alter Dashy's character's dress...for practicality reasons.

--Hávamál

Comment

Actual Character.

Name: Michael Alexander.

Height: 5'11. eyes: green. Hair: just short of shoulder length- blond.

Clothing: Black Suit, Black shirt, Black Pants, Silver and grey diagonal striped tie. Lightweight Kevlar vest under shirt- padded and stab-proof. Black Bandoleer under suit jacket. black leather belt with sterling silver buckle and ferracini black loafers. Black Ray Bans.

Loadout: Primary: MP5 with carbon-fibre stock to save on weight and holographic dot sight. hollow points of course. Two quick-draw magazines on right side of belt. can clip to outside of ricksack, and has an upwards draw release. Two boxes of HP ammo in rucksack.
                            Secondary: M1911 Springfield armory custom- shoots 12x .45 rounds. Stored in left suit pocket. two loaded magazines on bandoleer. Magnum 44 in right pant pocket along with two loaded spares. one box of ammo for each in rucksack.

Melee: carbon steel katana- original prop from "Pulp Fiction" Its Michaels most prized possession so has been cared for scrupulously. in black scabbard with silver inlay on left side of belt.

Other: one red flare and one Victorinox Oversize occupy the other two spaces on the bandoleer. in the left pant pocket is one silver Zippo and in the left suit pocket are 2x Montechristo No.2 Habana Cuban cigars in aluminium cases and one 500ml flat silver plated hip-flask- currently containing fine scotch whiskey.

also in the rucksack is a 750ml drink-bottle (filled with water), 500g of Biltong, and assorted bandages, gauzes and antiseptic lotions/creams and painkillers. (ranging paracetamol to opiates)

all bases covered?
                            Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                            ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

We just need at least one more person, depending if you mates want six, seven, or eight characters.

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X