Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashy
    replied
    Still waiting on orders for Koingerdammerung.

Just Saying.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Unless the games are supported by the players this is what happens. It takes a great deal of time and effort in even the most simple of games to get them running, and the people running them need to be supported. As far as ACG is concerned the only real thanks you can give is + rep. It is obvious that the players are taking people who run games as a given and NOT giving the GMs the respect and credit they deserve.

Shame on us .

Leave a comment:

• Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    allow me to sum up: 2000+ leapord tanks with 5million+ infantry marches to france. Game over. Neener Neener.

Leave a comment:

• david&joushua
    replied
    Hey guys I'm really sorry but I cant continue with this wargame. As you've seen I dont have enough time to really work on this. Agian I appologize. I'm not against somone else carrying on in my place feel free if you have the time. If I get enough time to actualy get on ACG I may try to revive this only not on such a huge scale. cheers.

Leave a comment:

• david&joushua
    replied
    March 1st.

In a detailed reassessment the British military was able to determine the reason for its apparent fiasco. The suprise appearance of the Swedish fighters can be attributed to the Danish missles. Although these should have been detected it has become apparent that this missle type was extremely fast moving stripped to simply a flying megapowered engine. These missiles were detected but were moving too quickly to be shot down by an outer defence (ships capable of anti ballistic missile defence). The weapon had also been moving at a very low level making detection by radar very difficult. Attacks made by Grippen aircraft were not as effective as it was thought. By staying on the edge of effective range the aircraft delivered a spread of missles with emmensely powerful warheads. In this move the accuracy was badly handicapped. Although few ships were actually hit the ones that were were seriously damaged. (this is the reason the time table might need to be set back) The airforce was caught off guard and with somwhat inexperienced pilots. The JAS 39 Grippen is an extremely agile aircraft and was able to engage the Eurofighters and russian aircraft on equal terms mechanically when the British AWACS aircraft was hit. (there being only one as others were not launched soon enough to take part in the battle to any effect) This coupled with the slightly more experienced pilots led to the Swedes being able to outmanuever the British pilots. (also the numbers play in here: 98 swedish aircraft agianst about 60 plus Eurofighters and about 20 Russian aircraft) Russian avionics also appear to be slightly less sophisticated then the aviaoncis (sorry I dont know how to spell that) in the Eurofighters and the Grippens. The results of the assessment are: After more intense training (including training including the Eurofighters and Russian aircraft fighting together) and more detailed orders the British pilots should be able to easily take on the Swedish as equals. The problems here were simple inexperience which is rapidly being remedied.

(I appologize agian guys I got a little excited and didnt think my attack through very well)

Leave a comment:

• david&joushua
    replied
    Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Well.

This is Humiliating.

The Greatest Airforce and Navy in Europe, and second most powerful in the NATO alliance, defeated by Sweden?

Prime Minister Dashwood sighed heavily, the comanders upon the Ocean and Albion were complete idiots, even though both ships had top of the line radar and combined arms facilities, neither had deigned to use them while the RAF was fighting the Grippens.

the staff of both ships had been sacked and had been given a rigged court court-martial.

And then there were the Type 45's. Fitted with the latest technology, capable of detecting ballistic missiles had failed not only to pick up the non stealthed Grippens, but the missiles launched by Denmark.

He had those fellows taken away and shot.
    My appologies. Maybe you should be more specific in what excactly this landing force consists of. I guess have of that is my fault. But please post a detailed order of battle. I'll try for a little more realism.

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    Belgium ....

Its very Small.

We Might Forget.

And Don't needle him!

Last edited by Dashy; 24 Feb 11, 02:02.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
    A message to EU diplomats:

cease your stockpiling of WMD's and lay down your arms- war comes to those who incite it. our quelling of your anarchist uprisings shall be swift and decisive. Let it be known that Germany and Her Allies will stop at nothing to ensure unity and peace.

Regards,

Alberich S. Ogilvy.
    If for one second you think you can threaten us by demanding we stop our beer production we WILL fight to defend our excellent beers, and prevent that German watery substance they call beer from taking over the world. Due to this unwarranted verbal attack on our peaceful nation the kindly gift for France will be spent on tank production to aid in repelling any land attack. Meanwhile we are still digging in deeper.

Leave a comment:

• Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    OOC.

yeah... wtf?

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    Well.

This is Humiliating.

The Greatest Airforce and Navy in Europe, and second most powerful in the NATO alliance, defeated by Sweden?

Prime Minister Dashwood sighed heavily, the comanders upon the Ocean and Albion were complete idiots, even though both ships had top of the line radar and combined arms facilities, neither had deigned to use them while the RAF was fighting the Grippens.

the staff of both ships had been sacked and had been given a rigged court court-martial.

And then there were the Type 45's. Fitted with the latest technology, capable of detecting ballistic missiles had failed not only to pick up the non stealthed Grippens, but the missiles launched by Denmark.

He had those fellows taken away and shot.
    Last edited by Dashy; 23 Feb 11, 21:40.

Leave a comment:

• david&joushua
    replied
    still Feb.28.

Other News: France has declared itself neutral in the growing conflict and continues to rearm at a rapid pace.

Canada has as of yet not placed its allegiance with anyone. The Canadian rearmament has proceeded well and the Canadian navies have been put on alert and are ready to move.

Belgium continues to dig in. Its defences are nearing completion and its stockpile of weapons grows larger every day.

United Netherlands again declared its neutrality.

the North Atlantic Treaty Organization has officialy begun a recess for the duration of the conflict.

The UN without American leadership and multiple countries involved in the conflict seems hesitant to do anything worthwhile.

America continues to remain shaky in all public matters. Trade relations between Canada and America remain in place. America has suffered an economic crash (agian) and now more then ever is unable to take part in most attempts to end the war in Europe. In an emergency session congress elected a provisional president in the form of John Howard (fictional) a strong Republican leader. He immediately began patching relations with Canada assuring them that he had no intention of seeing them as any thing other then a soverign nation. As to the general war in Europe he said that America would not provide any form of military support through trade to the combatant nations and praised France for its stoic neutrality. He intends to meet with Prime Minister Dashwood to arrange an end to the war. He has expressed interest in meeting with Prime Minister Haazen as well.

Germany has been moving large numbers of soldiers, Armored vehicles, and supplies towards the Danish/German border in preperation for what appears to be a massive assualt. Germany's president was roundly critisized by John Howard for his fire brand speeches bordering on "war mongering and propaganda."

Sweden has begun airlifting combat troops to Denmark in anticipation of the massive attack to be made by Germany.

A Brigade combat team from Australia has arrived in the U.K. The motorised corps from NZ is not far behind it.

Denmark has also begun moving troops towards their border with Germany.

An intelligence leak has revealed that Finland and Norway both might join the growing Baltic League. (Sweden and Denmark)

Did I miss anything?

Leave a comment:

• Twitter3
    replied
    Urgent message:

Paris, France - Feb. 28, 2011

We, the peaceful people of France, officially declare our neutrality in this newly begun Baltic War. We wish no hostilities with any country. Any attack on French soil, citizens, military assests, and/or infrastructure will be seen in the eyes of the UN, NATO, and the world as being an aggressive act against a declared neutral country.

Respectfully,

President Twitter3
    France

Leave a comment:

• david&joushua
    replied
    Feb. 28th 2011........WAR.

On this date the great Baltic War began.

Denmark declared war on Britian and Germany. 3 1/2 hours later Sweden announced a secret alliance with Denmark and alos declared war on Britian and her allies.

In Britian: Nearly 98 military jets marked with the flag of Sweden attacked Britian's military shipping that was gathering for an assualt on Denmark. Britian's airforce responded perfectly but quickly found that missiles launched from Denmark had targeted several radar installations badly delaying Britians advanced notification of the attack. The Swedish aircraft are entirely made up of the JAS 39 Grippen outfitted for anti-air and anti-shipping. Danish cruise missiles targeted the AWACS air controlling aircraft (Sentry AEW1) almost as soon as it became visible to them. As the British pilots moved into to strike at the Swedes they began to lose long range radar and battle coordination. Although outnumbered by the mulitiple aircraft in use by the RAF the Grippens began to take a toll. Because the advanced warning radar on the British coast was hit as hard as it was the Swedish aircraft was able to launch a spread of missiles at military shipping. Although very few ships were critically damaged the landing schedule was setback. Soon after the destruction of the AWACS controller aircraft several British aircraft took hits and their pilots were forced to eject. The Swedes were better trained for close in dogfighting w/o an AWACS aircraft and began to smash the U.K. pilots some of whom were operating Russian aircraft that they had only been in for a couple of months. Althought the Eruofighters were slightly superior to the older Swedish planes the squadron commanders ordered a fighting withdrawl to avoid continued casualties. Short on fuel after an hour of dogfighting the Swedish aircraft withdrew as well having suffered minimal casualties.

Most aircraft losses should be replaced with in two weeks however the radar stations will most likely take nearly a month to get fully operational agian. Luckly there was only one pilot killed after his parachute failed to open and his ejected seat and himself crashed into the british countryside.
    The losses to the shipping are not serious with only one ship close to sinking. However the time table will have to be adjusted to give time for repairs if you want to got in with the full spread of units.

More later but I gotta get back to real life.

Leave a comment:

• Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    Nien! i mean... no...... thats not what i was going for......at all...... pffft that would just be insensitive. gosh.

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied

Close relation, mayhap?
    Last edited by Dashy; 22 Feb 11, 22:47.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X