Limited non-Nuclear EU War 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david&joushua View Post
    In countries like France and Britian consription may not be well excepted by populations so unused to it.

I don't know about the UK, but in France conscription, or Service National, ended in November 2001, almost ten years. My bit began in 1992 followed with 2 consecutive re-engagements ending in 1996. There has been talk periodically about bringing it back under a kind of limited criterion.

There are pros and cons to having national conscription during peacetime.
    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

I'm not sure I mentioned it guys but you need to pass a new budget for the military through your respective parliment, National assembly, ect.
      Last edited by david&joushua; 12 Feb 11, 20:04.
      Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.
      Philippians 1:9

Comment

Can I control Serbia?
        It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
        Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
          Can I control Serbia?
          I don't believe they are featured in this game.
          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Wrong side of the continent Nickolas.
            Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.

Comment

Um, instead of constraining you guys to my timetable how about you take as much time as you need to get your nations on a war footing and then we'll start the war when you guys are ready.
              Proud Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by david&joushua View Post
                Wrong side of the continent Nickolas.
                Oh they term EU is wrong...You should have wrote Western Europe limited war.
                It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
                Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Ok progress so far. Denmark has partially completed a massive rearmament. Info abvaible to outsiders is very limited as they have carfully concealed their efforts and America is refusing to help any of the nations in any way, but info aviable to all comers is: Creation of 4 brigade combat teams has progressed emmensely and a huge influx of general military equipment has been pouring into Denmark including, before hostilities, a number of M1A2 Abrams, Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRSs), Typhoon Eurofighters, and, most interesting, a large shipment of BrahMos ballistic missiles from India also arrived in Denmark two days ago.

Belgium has proceeded with a defensive rearmament plan buying up and creating large numbers of missile systems and missile defense plans. They have also re-tooled multiple factories and are currently ready to produce Leopard 2 tanks if President Noodle so wishes. Belgium has also created advanced defensive systems utilizing Viet Cong tunnle complex plans and retooling them into concrete. Factories stand by to create whatever Pres. Noodle wants for the military.

The political situation across the board becomes increasingly confused and bitter. America continues to put pressure on Britian to remain out of the conflict, but Pres. Obama remains unable to intervene in a dramatic fashion. Germany believes that France with their refusal to withdraw a nuclear missile program recently created by Twitter3's predecesor is an overt threat. Shocked by America's apperant unwillingness to do anything they have withdrawn from all political fields and begun a massive rearmament program and appear intent on asserting their independence from America. They are led by radical Nationalist Comrade Ogilvy recently elected by a crushing majority.

France is led by Twitter3 a recently ellected president who promised a united France. Although able to unite most of France, he accidentally confirmed Pres. Ogilivy's worst fears; a united France is a strong France and a strong France is a threat. Although the Nuclear program pursued by Twitter3's predecesor was first stalled then scrapped Germany refuses to believe that the threat is non-existant.

No info on United Netherlands.

Britian has up to a point remained aloof. But under newly elected Prime Minister Dashy, a radical conservitive in the Margaret Thatcher mold, it has shaken off America's big brother attempts to forestall the inevitable and begun a massive rearmament including the recall of the Ghurka Brigade and sending a shoutout to New Zealand and Australia and it is thought even possibly Canada. The responses of these countries is unknown. However the chances are extremely high that Australia and NZ will send soldiers to the UK. The UK has also begun de-mothballing four Aircraft Carriers. (I havnt found any info on these ships so Dashy could you provide me with the Class and Names of these vessels?)

What next players?
                  Proud Christian.

Comment

I'm thinking the time is Reich for some land grabby goodness!

see what i did there....

related topic: im researching Germany as thoroughly as I can- but lets say that Germany's military capacity in detail is not to be readily found- so any tid-bits of info would be very much appreciated.
                    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Official Proclamation!

The English "Exclusion" Zone extends to these areas, the English Channel, the North Sea and the Atlantic Approaches, any ships of a military nature not under the command of a commonwealth nation WILL be targeted by the RAF, RN, RAAF, RNZAF and other Projections of English Power.

Merchants traveling through English Territorial waters and the English Channel will be searched by RN patrols for Contraband, which as of Now includes military goods, industrial metals and petroleum products.

Any Challenges to this rule will be dealt with Harshly and with the full force of the United Kingdom.
                      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Oh and Ogilvy, you have 2000 odd Leopard tanks ... compared to the combined 800 MBT's of England and France.

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                          Official Proclamation!

The English "Exclusion" Zone extends to these areas, the English Channel, the North Sea and the Atlantic Approaches, any ships of a military nature not under the command of a commonwealth nation WILL be targeted by the RAF, RN, RAAF, RNZAF and other Projections of English Power.

Merchants traveling through English Territorial waters and the English Channel will be searched by RN patrols for Contraband, which as of Now includes military goods, industrial metals and petroleum products.

Any Challenges to this rule will be dealt with Harshly and with the full force of the United Kingdom.
                          Prime Minister Dashy,

Good sir, we would like a detailed definition of what your government considers 'military goods'? Are food stores destined for our trading countries to considered military goods? While France can understand your desire to protect your borders by not allowing merchant ships to travel through those designated areas, you are putting a stranglehold on most of Europe (Germany, France, the Low Countries, the Baltic countries). Are we to consider your announcement as a message that you will no longer allow peaceful countries to trade with one another because we must travel through waters that border both your country and ours? We wish to keep the peace of Europe - in fact that is our main priority. We do not want hostilities. We must keep open trade between peaceful countries flowing as all of Europe depends on goods and trades between our countries to maintain our economic system. If the Euro falls, most if not all, European countries will be pushed to the brink of high inflation, depression, mass hunger, and crippling debt. Please reconsider your government's stance on trade between peaceful countries.

Sincerely,

President Twitter3
                          France
                          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

President Twitter.

It is indeed England's wish to Keep the Peace, by restricting military goods, the pace of re-armament can be contained. No mention of Food or any other type of consumer good was mentioned. When flared tempers recede, normal trade will flow, for now England must act as an international police force, and stop the merciless tide of weapons flowing into Europe

Rule Britannia.

Prime Minister Dashwood

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                              President Twitter.

It is indeed England's wish to Keep the Peace, by restricting military goods, the pace of re-armament can be contained. No mention of Food or any other type of consumer good was mentioned. When flared tempers recede, normal trade will flow, for now England must act as an international police force, and stop the merciless tide of weapons flowing into Europe

Rule Britannia.

Prime Minister Dashwood
                              Prime Minister Dashwood,

You and the people of England can count on us to do our part to keep the peace. We do not wish to interfere with a country's ability to self-govern or covet someone else's land. Peace in Europe is a responsibility shared by all.

Yours truly,

President Twitter3
                              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

says the guy shoving nukes down the EU's throat....
                                Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                                ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X