Limited non-Nuclear EU War 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited non-Nuclear EU War 2011.

Ok. We are up and running. Right now players get comfortable with your countries and prepare for a war. I suggest you read up on your armed forces of your countries on Wikipedia. First of all you may create some new units if you wish and raise new recruits. Put in orders for new weapons and equipment and que up new units and I'll let you know as they become aviable. Read up on your country's income. You dont have to do this if you dont mind me having to tell you that you cant afford somthing. We will be using Google Maps for our mapping. You may try introducing new political processes and the like I'll let you know the out come as quickly as possible. I will issue the first scenario tomorow. At that point you can give me your orders for movement, equipment, and recruitment. NUCLEAR WEAPONS ARE NOT AN OPTION AS THE TITLE SO CLEARLY STATES. You are aloud to interact with your men and act our your character in depth if you wish. I would suggest that you PM me your orders as not all of the players are on the same side. The teams are: Comrade Ogilivy as Germany vs Twitter3 as France. The other players (Destroyer25 as Netherlands, Nick the Noodle as Belgium and Britian if someone jumps in) may choose their side in the coming conflict. Any questions feel free to ask. Order days are Saturday and Tuesday.
    Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.
    Philippians 1:9

Rule Britannia, Prime Minister Dashwood to the Fore!

First act, pushing the HMS Victory into active service ....
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

I have around 10 regiments of land based forces .

May I suggest a more even spread of military ability amongst the players.

If not we will simply fortify our country .
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Question regarding our country's income - what % can be spent on military items or can we spend the lot in this game on military items?

Also, with regards to foreign policy - is it possible to use some of our income to put into a treaty that we might sign with another country? Aid so to speak?

Thanks!
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
          Question regarding our country's income - what % can be spent on military items or can we spend the lot in this game on military items?

Also, with regards to foreign policy - is it possible to use some of our income to put into a treaty that we might sign with another country? Aid so to speak?

Thanks!
          Good question, I know a country can't really have more than 10% of their population in the Armed Forces without fing their economy up.
          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Welcome Dashy.

@All The total Gross Domestic Product of your country is aviable for spending on anything your heart desires. The GDP that you want is the one that has (PPP) beside it. That is all aviable for spending. This does build up over time but I'm not going to take the time to do the math but you are welcome to do so. As to population Dest25 is correct only abut 10% of your pop. can be conscipted. In countries like France and Britian consription may not be well excepted by populations so unused to it. Germany already has consription in place. If you choose to puchase weaponry from other nations keep in mind that your trillions are limited by what people have to sell. You can kick start your arms production and trade a huge chunk of bling for a higher level of self sufficiency. Your choice. Build your armies, prepare for war, and sign alliances. On this coming tuesday I'll issue the first scenario. Then all of you will be elected president (or dictator) of your prospective countries. Politics will only play apart by how popular you are with your people. Become to unliked and you could get 1. impeached or 2. overthrown. They are pretty much the same. If you become popular enough you could change your form of government or pretty much do anything you like. Up to you.
            Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.

Comment

Because we'll have a little competetive-ness here I want to make it clear that I'm totally for fair play and will attempt to enforce it. If you refuse to be nice I'll take away your nation and go snitch on you to an admin. Either way I hope you guys have fun and I'd be glad to hear any opinions on what might be fun to do in the game. But again no spamming, trolling or just plain nastiness. Thanks.
              Proud Christian.

Comment

Just Remember, I'm recalling the Gurkha Brigade, so WATCH OUT.

Comment

Running another game already?
                  Careful man, you can get swamped pretty quickly.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Amen, However I think he is using a similar system to my SciFi Wargame, its fairly low upkeep.

Comment

In my search to gain knowledge of France's current military strength and equipment, I keep finding different numbers. Is there a reputable source where we can get our starting numbers from? I have found a few sources that are not on Wiki and when compared to what I find there they are not the same. What do we say to a way to get our starting numbers as accurate as possible before we begin?
                      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Fortress Belgium continues apace. All offensive capability is being diverted to defensive measures. While our minesweeping ability is awesome, this ability will not win us the war. We are thinking Eben-Emael but with anti-air defenses .
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                          Fortress Belgium continues apace. All offensive capability is being diverted to defensive measures. While our minesweeping ability is awesome, this ability will not win us the war. We are thinking Eben-Emael but with anti-air defenses .
                          Well I guess the Luftwaffe will have to bring out the stealth gliders then.
                          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Sounds good Nick @Twitter3 I dont think we are ever going to get real accurate on info that's fairly new so I'm thinking Wikipedia is our best bet as it has several opinions going into the same article.

Dashy is correct. We're going communist-sweat-shop quality with this one. The Balkans War seems to be working well. This one will take alot of time because of the period but I got time on my hands.
                            Proud Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                              Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                              Well I guess the Luftwaffe will have to bring out the stealth gliders then.

Hence improved AAA

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X