Game Suggestion: Limited non-nuclear war between European Union Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Suggestion: Limited non-nuclear war between European Union Nations

Title says it all. Combatants will be (if this is feasible and we have enough interest) Britian, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark and Norway. Year would be 2011. Will expand if there's enough interest.
    Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.
    Philippians 1:9

Completely implausible.
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Why? This is the Alternate Timelines - Wargaming thread where people commonly shoot up German invasions of Britian, Alien invasions and suggest 3rd World Wars. Why is this so immplausible?
      Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.

Comment

perhaps a land grab scenario? lest face it- no point in grabbing irradiated land.

DIBS GERMANY!!!
        Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
        ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Its implausible because there is a chance Russia would win, des doesn't like that
          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

I was thinking somthing like a modern day 1940 invasion of France and the low countries incl. the invasion of Norway. So Dest dosnt havta worry about the big bad ruskies.
            Proud Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
              Its implausible because there is a chance Russia would win, des doesn't like that
              No?

The ones who are more likely to get pissed off at Russia not winning are ShAA and Konzev.

Anyway, if we are going to do this I'll take the Dutch I suppose, since Germany is spoken for. I would take the Danes, as I am 1/4 Danish but I don't want to be a leading a military with little offensive capability.
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

The Operationa Art of War has two such scenarios, a modern day invasion of england and a modern day invasion of france from england
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                  The Operationa Art of War has two such scenarios, a modern day invasion of england and a modern day invasion of france from england
                  Well that would only leave France and Britain playable would it not?

Comment

Originally posted by david&joushua View Post
                    Title says it all. Combatants will be (if this is feasible and we have enough interest) Britian, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark and Norway. Year would be 2011. Will expand if there's enough interest.
                    Perhaps Britain, France and Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands, Scandanavia, Italy and allied Balkan States, and Spain & Portugal.

Scenario. Solar flare has destroyed all civilian power generating capability and somehow (AH afterall) rendered all nuclear weapons inoperative (in the short term). Civilisation crumbles and only each countries military remains a viable form of government (in the short term). Each faction is led by messiah like figure (eg Tony Blair ). Each is after resources to repair own infra-structure.

Just a thought .
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

No offense Nick but I'm not into the end of the world scenarios. I like Comrade Ogilvy's scenario. It's just a good old fashioned land grab and no-body likes nuclear radiation in their flower gardens.
                      Proud Christian.

Comment

Any spots left david&joushua?
                        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

@Twitter3 Yep. Germany and the Netherlands are taken. So Britain, France, Belgium, Denmark and Norway left.
                          Proud Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                            Perhaps Britain, France and Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands, Scandanavia, Italy and allied Balkan States, and Spain & Portugal.

Scenario. Solar flare has destroyed all civilian power generating capability and somehow (AH afterall) rendered all nuclear weapons inoperative (in the short term). Civilisation crumbles and only each countries military remains a viable form of government (in the short term). Each faction is led by messiah like figure (eg Tony Blair ). Each is after resources to repair own infra-structure.

Just a thought .
                            Originally posted by david&joushua View Post
                            No offense Nick but I'm not into the end of the world scenarios. I like Comrade Ogilvy's scenario. It's just a good old fashioned land grab and no-body likes nuclear radiation in their flower gardens.

Fair enough.

Just trying to bring some type of (weird) logic that could make this scenario feasible.

I'll play Belgium, since that is where my missus is from. I believe I have a minesweeper, and an aging leopard. Unfortunately the latter is not a tank.
                            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

We only need somone for Fance and we can get started. Norway and Denmark are going to be non-playable and will be controlled by myself. If we run this I'll run it on the system that I've been using for my alternate Balkans War 1912. Basicly I'll devise scenarios and you guys will give me your responses. Order days will be Saturday and Tuesday. Movement will be determined by averge speed and endurance of forces during the Gulf War and the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Informtion will be gained from Wikipedia as it's the only centralized extensive source of info on the armed forces of the world. I'll deliver weather info and any political events around the world. You guys are in charge of acquiring maps and other details. Any questions?
                              Proud Christian.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X