Game Suggestion: Balkans War of 1913

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Suggestion: Balkans War of 1913

What do you guys (and Gals few that you are) think of wargaming the Balkans War of 1913? I dont have the experience to run this game my self but would love to see this put into action.
    Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.
    Philippians 1:9

If there is will of other players,I will be glad to share OBBs and other details.
    It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
    Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

And I think first war in 1912 is better for gaming.

Косово је Србија!
      Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Comment

This would be interesting. TOAW III, right?
        Silent Hunter UK
        Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

As I recall SH that is an excellant system but like I said I really dont have the experience to run this my self. @ Nikolas93TS that's a good suggestion. Maybe we could run both eventually. Or stream the two into almost one. Both of you guys have spent more time on here then I have, perhaps you can contact a vet at this kind of thing who's not already running somthing.
          Proud Christian.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgement.

Comment

Sounds cool - is there room for one more? And what countries are available?

Comment

Actually I am a complete noob for TOAW III

But I know very good that conflicts and state of Balkan Armies.

If we chose first Balkan war,we would have Serbia,Bulgaria,Montenegro and Greece (the Balkan League) going in flash attack against Turkish Ottoman Army.We could include and crucial naval model.Turks are initially weaker in Bulgarian sector,and almost even on other sectors.If Greece win in Aegean,they will remain in weaker position,if no,Ottomans can send a lot of troops to Balkan.

In Second Balkan war,you have Bulgaria in sudden charge against Serbs and Greece.Serbs,albeit weaker,beat Bulgarian offensive and then Turkey and Romania strike to Bulgarian rear,taking them out of war.This war lasted about one month,against 6 months of first war.

Косово је Србија!

Armored Brigade

Comment

Alrighty I have a thread up askin' for somone to run this thing for us. I put it on the thread that Silent Hunter, broderickwells and Nikolas93TS want in on this game. Also I put on there that Nikolas was the man to see for more info.
                Proud Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                  Actually I am a complete noob for TOAW III

But I know very good that conflicts and state of Balkan Armies.

If we chose first Balkan war,we would have Serbia,Bulgaria,Montenegro and Greece (the Balkan League) going in flash attack against Turkish Ottoman Army.We could include and crucial naval model.Turks are initially weaker in Bulgarian sector,and almost even on other sectors.If Greece win in Aegean,they will remain in weaker position,if no,Ottomans can send a lot of troops to Balkan.

In Second Balkan war,you have Bulgaria in sudden charge against Serbs and Greece.Serbs,albeit weaker,beat Bulgarian offensive and then Turkey and Romania strike to Bulgarian rear,taking them out of war.This war lasted about one month,against 6 months of first war.
                  What - no Albanian revolt to soften up/weaken Turkish forces in "Macedonia"?

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                    What - no Albanian revolt to soften up/weaken Turkish forces in "Macedonia"?
                    You mixed some stuff

Albanian revolt started before the Balkan wars.And they fared well in impassable mountains.However Turks felt war with Balkan League was near,so they promised large autonomy to Albanians in change for loyalty and they accepted.
                    Albanians therefore fought along Turks,in mixed formations,specially on Montenegro front (Skadar siege).However soon as Turks started to retreat,desertions started in large numbers.

You probably thought of Chetniks (not to be mixed with '90s version) and IMRO; raised,funded and trained by Serbia and Bulgaria respectively.There were also groups from Greece.
                    However their significance in war itself was minimal,and it would make things for Turkey even heavier.

Косово је Србија!

Armored Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                      You mixed some stuff

Albanian revolt started before the Balkan wars.And they fared well in impassable mountains.However Turks felt war with Balkan League was near,so they promised large autonomy to Albanians in change for loyalty and they accepted.
                      Albanians therefore fought along Turks,in mixed formations,specially on Montenegro front (Skadar siege).However soon as Turks started to retreat,desertions started in large numbers.

You probably thought of Chetniks (not to be mixed with '90s version) and IMRO; raised,funded and trained by Serbia and Bulgaria respectively.There were also groups from Greece.
                      However their significance in war itself was minimal,and it would make things for Turkey even heavier.
                      Well, I did get a little of the facts wrong, but you gave a good history lesson, and it adds another faction not always hostile to the Turks.

Comment

I think we're going to hold off on this untill we (meaning me and Nikolas93TS) get some experience. If he can run it we wont have to worry. Sugest we play in some of the current games untill one or the other of us can run this game our-selves rather then asking sombody else to. What do you guys think?
                        Proud Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by david&joushua View Post
                          I think we're going to hold off on this untill we (meaning me and Nikolas93TS) get some experience. If he can run it we wont have to worry. Sugest we play in some of the current games untill one or the other of us can run this game our-selves rather then asking sombody else to. What do you guys think?
                          That would be a good idea. I won't be able to do the current games, but I'd join this one; I could do with the experience for my own Europe game.
                          Silent Hunter UK
                          Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

I am willing to help you and Nick, flick me a PM with your ideas and I'll help you sort the wheat from the chaff, Hell, Im interested, I'll use my Galliploli wargame resolution to do all the battles for you.
                            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                              I am willing to help you and Nick, flick me a PM with your ideas and I'll help you sort the wheat from the chaff, Hell, Im interested, I'll use my Galliploli wargame resolution to do all the battles for you.
                              That clears up almost everything that we really have a problem with. However for this game we need an operational map to depict where our units are and the like (somthing like the map that was being used in the SeaLion1940 wargame). I do not have the ability to generate anything like that. I'll get to you by PM after I talk to Nikolas93TS (him being the guy with all the info on the Balkans Wars) to condense our ideas on this.
                              Proud Christian.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X