Who wants to help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to help me out?

Hey, if there is the interest, I would be keen to Host an infantry based wargame; just a simple bottleneck type scenario on The Operational Art Of War III. (largely so I can get to know the programme, and therefore host bigger and better ones in the future.... perhaps even write a complementary ruleset, so as to make the game even more fluid.)

Would look at having either 2 or 6 players, depending on how many their are. Reason being, thats the only way to split the troops

So yeah, who's keen????
    Last edited by Comrade|Ogilvy; 25 Nov 10, 03:46.
    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
    ~Noam Chomsky

I'll play, I don't have TOAOW III, so I can't really help.
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Thats Ok, Im hosting; i just need players! so one more or 5 more..... probably the former
      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

I'll play!
        Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Ok- an outline of the scenario:

The Red-Coat, and Grey Coat Nations have had War a brewin' for some time, and now at the border of their nations, they have taken up arms to settle the feud.

As per previous Parlay, Both sides have agreed one Day (turn) to allow for organisation of border troops etc- However until this exclusion cease fire phase is over there shall be no recon done, after this recon will be at a logical level, and anything riskier will have to be undertaken by You Two.

Dashy,You are the Red-Coats who move first and occupy the southern side of the river, Destroyer, You are the Grey-Coats who move second and are on the northern side.

OOB's and private things will be on your Individual Threads. all public material will be posted here.

all good?
          ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Oh, TOAOWIII is Turn Based, on a Hex Based mapping system- quite rigid but it has a rather good and logical combat resolution system.

just ask any questions you want to know and we shall learn together!!!
            ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

One More Thing: we shall call this scenario "Anonymous Heroics."

Threads and OOB's are up start thinking of rough Defensive/offensive Plans

which reminds me, there are three stages of Defense- Dug In, Entrenched and Fortified- increasing progressively in difficulty for the assailant to move.
              Last edited by Comrade|Ogilvy; 25 Nov 10, 03:48.
              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Ok, unexpected Problem: for some reason I cant upload the pictures. photobucket was recommended to me, but failed miserably, and I cant upload BMP images directly to ACG. grrrrrr any ideas?
                ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                  Ok, unexpected Problem: for some reason I cant upload the pictures. photobucket was recommended to me, but failed miserably, and I cant upload BMP images directly to ACG. grrrrrr any ideas?
                  Ogilvy,

Send me a pm and describe to me the problem regarding photobucket. I use photobucket quite often and it should handle your requirements.

skob

Comment

Test

Comment

ok, well in essence of fairness, ill post the grey pre movement phase map public too.

thanks skob, you are a legend.
                      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

All i can say is that Bill Gates has alot to answer for.....

may take a few days, keep the faith.
                        ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                          ok, well in essence of fairness, ill post the grey pre movement phase map public too.

thanks skob, you are a legend.
                          btw...do you want me to remove the map I posted here?

Comment

nah its all good.
                            ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Map 2

Comment

Working...
                              X