Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you structure the military of your 3rd or 2nd world NON fictional country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer, why don't you just cut out the middle man?

Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      I want New Zealand precisely because of its economy. Diplomacy is neither here nor there. I am thinking that if you combine a third world military with a first world economy you would get a second power rating. The first thing I would do is draft all those Labor Party members into the military. It would be only fair...

Pruitt
      What have you got against the Labour Party?

Comment

They cut the RNZ Army, Navy and Air Force down to nothing but have plenty of cash to spend on touchy feeling social programs. Labor has slashed Defense so they should go out and show how to defend the country with next to nothing.

I don't mind spending some money on some programs if they give you back a respectable return on your investment. The Armed Forces though are what you have protecting the country. Aren't the citizens worth defending?

I feel the same way about the American Government and our Armed Forces. We spend a much larger percentage of the GNP than NZ does.

Pruitt
        Last edited by Pruitt; 26 Nov 10, 23:26.
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          They cut the RNZ Army, Navy and Air Force down to nothing but have plenty of cash to spend on touchy feeling social programs. Labor has slashed Defense so they should go out and show how to defend the country with next to nothing.

I don't mind spending some money on some programs if they give you back a respectable return on your investment. The Armed Forces though are what you have protecting the country. Aren't the citizens worth defending?

I feel the same way about the American Government and our Armed Forces. We spend a much larger percentage of the GNP than NZ does.

Pruitt
          Yes, but they are our blithering idiots to be retrained as we see fit. On the other hand, they did deploy them to Afghanistan, have persisted with our peace-keeping activities per the UN, and tried to modernise and rationalise the armed forces. Being a small nation, big ticket items, such as naval vessels, can seriously skew apparent yearly spends. Another problem is that military equipment is not cheap, rarely works as advertised, and the suppliers screw you for parts. I would like to see a greater spend on such things as naval patrol and recce craft (air and sea) and a revival of the strike capability of the air force, but who listens to me?

Comment

Brod,

Just the fact that it is being discussed in a public forum means it is not being swept under a rug. Blithering idiots always seem to think what they do is special and should be approved by all. It can't get fixed if no one brings it up.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
              Destroyer, why don't you just cut out the middle man?

I don't want to buy it lol, and it's not really necessary for the thing we're doing.
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

yarrgh

Comment

i will do the work for you then.

lazy *******

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X