No announcement yet.

Op. Narwhal - OKW - German Invasion of Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OKW evidently has a few communications issues to resolve with GROFAZ using one communication method (PMs) and OKM, OKL and OKH using another (Social Group)

Very historical... and once that's resolved I'm sure the invasion will be a doddle. :-D
    My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

Originally posted by The Land View Post
      OKW evidently has a few communications issues to resolve with GROFAZ using one communication method (PMs) and OKM, OKL and OKH using another (Social Group)

Very historical... and once that's resolved I'm sure the invasion will be a doddle. :-D
      Its not a problem . Those who leave me out of the loop and win are Ratzi heroes. Those who leave me out of the loop and lose get shot in the face.

For the record I won't be looking at any social group as 1000 word max reply is not usually enough .
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Well, since I'm the Deputy Chief of Staff, I'll take care of the high command input needed in the social group, and I'll bring Herr von Nudel in on what pertinent points need his intervention or decision....
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          Well, since I'm the Deputy Chief of Staff, I'll take care of the high command input needed in the social group, and I'll bring Herr von Nudel in on what pertinent points need his intervention or decision....
          Very historical . It'd help us lose, but what the heck . Just to let you know my decisions are final and if ammended/ignored and losses result expect these boys .
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I Suggest we rock up the Thames and land in London.

Lol Jokesor!
            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
              I Suggest we rock up the Thames and land in London.

Lol Jokesor!

That is not as silly as it first appears. We can talk about it here, they still would not plan against it, and suddenly there is a ton of Ratzi's having tea with the queen .

Comment

You should all have a PM requesting your authorisation for the implementation of Der Plan.

Comment

Every time I hear "Ratzi" I have to wonder who's side the Moderator is on.
                  Or do I?

Anyhow, the KM is in the support role here, so whatever the army thinks it needs to win is what we will try to do.
                  I still think I'm right, but orders is orders.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So, are we ready to go?

Comment

Do eet!

Comment

10pm, Monday September 9th 1940 - Success!

The troops boarding the invasion barges on Sunday afternoon greeted their officers with rousing choruses of "Wir Fahren gegen Engelland". Once the tugs pulled them away from the quays of Dunkirk and Calais, however, they obeyed the strict instructions of their officers that silence must be the rule for the entire voyage ahead. Any sound, however small, could attract the attention of and English vessel and endanger the entire landing force! The men thus crouched together in the bowels of their invasion barges, wordless in the dark night, listening for any whisper of British aero engines or gunfire.

The only sounds, apart from the rushing of the sea and the wind, were heard near daybreak as the familiar thrum of the engines of Dorniers an Messerschmits reassure the troops their landing was shielded in the air by the might of the Luftwaffe; then the rumbling of heavy bombs and shells as the battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau bombarded the coastline in the early light.

The first troops ashore were men of the 7th Division. They found their barges beached ahead of schedule, at 4.12am, before dawn. They waded silently ashore and surprised a patrol on the beach at the small town of Hythe, taking the first prisoners of the English Campaign.

The remainder of 7th and 17th Divisions had similar leisure. Their opponents, ill-armed militiamen of the "Home Guard", panicked easily or were quickly forced into small positions where they were hemmed in until machine-guns or infanteriegeschutz could be hauled up. In the assault zones at Folkestone, Hythe, Sandgate, Ramstage, Margate, Broadstairs, and Sandwich, more men were lost to drowning and accidents than to enemy action.

For 33rd Division, attacking Dover, it was a different story. Picked troops on fast motorboats hurtled into Dover Harbour at dawn to seize the harbour; in large part they succeeded, and much of the harbour was saved from demolition. There, though, they remained, pinned down by fire from the heights above the town. The battleships and the Luftwaffe engaged the English troops, whose positions were built amongst the ruins of the ancient Dover Castle. In the meantime a regiment of the 33rd Division, supported by a strong force of amphibious panzers, landed at Deal not far along the coast and marched on to Dover. In the face of the hellish bombardment from air an sea, and facing encirclement the British retreated. By 4pm General Sintzenich could radio Army HQ to report that the flag flew over Dover.

Comment

Army Report.

The landings went better than could be expected. Most of three infantry divisions are ashore plus two Amphibious Tank battalions. The remainder will follow and a further full Division will set off tomorrow to land the day after (turn 3). Other reinforcements will follow according to Der Plan.

Resistance is light; we appear to be facing infantry from 1st Division with "Home Guards". There are no signs of counterattack and we can secure our hold on eastern Kent tomorrow. Supplies are being requisitioned from the civilian population pending the establishment of naval supply lines tomorrow.

On day 3 we will open operations in the direction of Sheerness and Ashford unless otherwise instructed.

Luftwaffe report
                          As per the original OKL plan, a number of heavy raids were conducted against British airbases in Hampshire, Norfolk and Devon. These raids encountered enemy fighters. Losses were roughly even - we destroyed about 60 enemy fighters while losing 32 Me109s, 23 He111s and 4 Me110s. These raids also appeared to draw all enemy fighters away from operations aimed at covering the Royal Navy or the landing beaches.

Operations in support of the landings proved successful. A small number of bombers were lost to enemy FLAK fire, mainly Do-17s.

Operations were also undertaken against enemy naval units sighted in the Thames Estuary and the Solent. The total score is 7 destroyers and 3 cruisers destroyed or damaged in return for 18 Stukas lost and about a dozen other types. The Royal Navy appears to have retreated from these areas.

Operations will continue broadly along the same lines with a careful watch being kept for RN activity.

Kriegsmarine Report

We can take great pride in the fact that the Army has landed in Britain with out, so far, a single loss to naval attack. Our ships are have patrolled the borders of the invasion area and will continue to do so to prevent English attack. The battleships provided much-needed direct fire support against Dover Castle this morning but have now docked in Le Havre to refill their magazines.

In closing, please see two maps and one newsreel...

Map 1: Invasion dispositions as at 4am

Map 2: Occupied Kent, 11pm

A suitable musical accompaniment:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsijmI62eaU
                          Last edited by The Land; 26 Oct 10, 16:04.

Comment

Ermöglicht Gib ihnen, was für Jungs

Comment

Well, that was quick!
                              It was also the easy part.... can I get an explanation of those counters and what they mean?
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Grey or black background - German

Bluish detail with ships marked 4 5 - heavy cruiser
                                Grey and black detail with small ship marked 1 3 - destroyer squadron

Grey and black detail with wavy line and dot - embarked land unit

Standard infantry symbol - infantry regiment - at the top of the counter is a size marker which is three l s indicating regiment though the left l is sometimes obscured by the blue anchorage blob which indicates hex suitable for amphibious operations.

Only top counters in any stack are shown.

Beige or olive background - British
                                Black and red detail with I - irregular (Home Guard)
                                Blue and red detail - regular Army
                                Blue and black detail with airplane - air wing - air is displayed on map at its base location

Sorry for the brevity, writing this on my phone on the train to work

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X