No announcement yet.

Op. Narwhal - OKW - German Invasion of Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to make things clear, turns last 1 day and both sides get to move on the same turn. Hexes are notionally 10km. Movement rates are calculated on a fairly realistic basis - if you force march a unit up a good road with no traffic, it can cover a long distance, but will suffer a reduction in Readiness.

Also, to help with planning, here is a map of (nearly) the whole of England.

Last edited by The Land; 19 Oct 10, 16:34.
    My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

Originally posted by The Land View Post
      Just to make things clear, turns last 1 day and both sides get to move on the same turn. Hexes are notionally 10km. Movement rates are calculated on a fairly realistic basis - if you force march a unit up a good road with no traffic, it can cover a long distance, but will suffer a reduction in Readiness.

Also, to help with planning, here is a map of (nearly) the whole of England.

That lump on the left is Wales if you don't mind .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        That lump on the left is Wales if you don't mind .#
        Not something the German military worried too much about... have you read any of the WWI accounts of German infantry impressed by advancing "English" troops wearing skirts an playing bagpipes? They were of course Scottish, but the distinction was lost on them ;-)

Comment

Okay, I accept

I will take the Kreigsmarine, and I will expand on that in just a moment.

100 Stukas and all the Ju-88's on a anti-ship role, patrolling the naval invasion route, along with 70 110's acting as a rapid response group

Thanks Dashy, that's actually even better than what I was expecting. Can we have a Dozen of the Me110s and about half that number of Ju 88s doing recon work around Yarmouth and points north?
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Furthermore-
            There are two pre-Dreadnought Battleships that are not doing much, I want them, and I also want the Grille. Hitler's Yacht might not seem like much, but it does have some 88mm guns that could be very useful, as well and space for many support troops.

I need submarines, as many as Doenitz can get into the area, even the little coastal jobs that are in the training command.

Other stuff for the Social Group.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

^ I want i want i want
              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                Furthermore-
                There are two pre-Dreadnought Battleships that are not doing much, I want them, and I also want the Grille. Hitler's Yacht might not seem like much, but it does have some 88mm guns that could be very useful, as well and space for many support troops.

I need submarines, as many as Doenitz can get into the area, even the little coastal jobs that are in the training command.

Other stuff for the Social Group.
                Unfortunately no more ships are available - their crews have been allocated to invasion duties.

Submarines are not modelled by Operational Art of War so they are not in the game. Think of them as being off-map raiding convoys an tying down a large number of British warships.

Comment

Originally posted by The Land View Post
                  Unfortunately no more ships are available - their crews have been allocated to invasion duties.

Submarines are not modelled by Operational Art of War so they are not in the game. Think of them as being off-map raiding convoys an tying down a large number of British warships.
                  Then we expect that significant RN forces will be tied down.
                  A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                    Then we expect that significant RN forces will be tied down.
                    Oh they are! You're not going to see much more than half the RN's total strength appearing on the map, even in a worst-case scenario...

Comment

Stupid question but do stukas operating in an anti shipping role suffer any negative effects.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                        Stupid question but do stukas operating in an anti shipping role suffer any negative effects.
                        No. (They use a different stat to calculate naval attacks than they do ground attacks but that's actually favourable to them).

Comment

Portsmouth area

And here is a map of the Portsmouth area, which was split between the previous maps a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                            IIRC they are actuary pretty decent in the AS role.
                            A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Just to make it clear I won't be looking at our social group because
                              1 I always forget we have one , and
                              2 My posts regarding orders are likely to be longer than 1000 words.

Please use PM if you want to include me in any discussion .
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Victory PM sent .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X