X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by The Land View Post
    OKW evidently has a few communications issues to resolve with GROFAZ using one communication method (PMs) and OKM, OKL and OKH using another (Social Group)

Very historical... and once that's resolved I'm sure the invasion will be a doddle. :-D
    Its not a problem . Those who leave me out of the loop and win are Ratzi heroes. Those who leave me out of the loop and lose get shot in the face.

For the record I won't be looking at any social group as 1000 word max reply is not usually enough .

Leave a comment:

• The Land
    replied
    OKW evidently has a few communications issues to resolve with GROFAZ using one communication method (PMs) and OKM, OKL and OKH using another (Social Group)

Very historical... and once that's resolved I'm sure the invasion will be a doddle. :-D

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Victory PM sent .

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Just to make it clear I won't be looking at our social group because
    1 I always forget we have one , and
    2 My posts regarding orders are likely to be longer than 1000 words.

Please use PM if you want to include me in any discussion .

Leave a comment:

• Destroyer25
    replied
    Originally posted by craven View Post
    Stupid question but do stukas operating in an anti shipping role suffer any negative effects.
    IIRC they are actuary pretty decent in the AS role.

Leave a comment:

• The Land
    replied
    Portsmouth area

And here is a map of the Portsmouth area, which was split between the previous maps a bit too much.

Leave a comment:

• The Land
    replied
    Originally posted by craven View Post
    Stupid question but do stukas operating in an anti shipping role suffer any negative effects.
    No. (They use a different stat to calculate naval attacks than they do ground attacks but that's actually favourable to them).

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Land
    replied
    Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
    Then we expect that significant RN forces will be tied down.
    Oh they are! You're not going to see much more than half the RN's total strength appearing on the map, even in a worst-case scenario...

Leave a comment:

• Destroyer25
    replied
    Originally posted by The Land View Post
    Unfortunately no more ships are available - their crews have been allocated to invasion duties.

Submarines are not modelled by Operational Art of War so they are not in the game. Think of them as being off-map raiding convoys an tying down a large number of British warships.
    Then we expect that significant RN forces will be tied down.

Leave a comment:

• The Land
    replied
    Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    Furthermore-
    There are two pre-Dreadnought Battleships that are not doing much, I want them, and I also want the Grille. Hitler's Yacht might not seem like much, but it does have some 88mm guns that could be very useful, as well and space for many support troops.

I need submarines, as many as Doenitz can get into the area, even the little coastal jobs that are in the training command.

Other stuff for the Social Group.
    Unfortunately no more ships are available - their crews have been allocated to invasion duties.

Submarines are not modelled by Operational Art of War so they are not in the game. Think of them as being off-map raiding convoys an tying down a large number of British warships.

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    ^ I want i want i want

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Furthermore-
    There are two pre-Dreadnought Battleships that are not doing much, I want them, and I also want the Grille. Hitler's Yacht might not seem like much, but it does have some 88mm guns that could be very useful, as well and space for many support troops.

I need submarines, as many as Doenitz can get into the area, even the little coastal jobs that are in the training command.

Other stuff for the Social Group.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Okay, I accept

I will take the Kreigsmarine, and I will expand on that in just a moment.

100 Stukas and all the Ju-88's on a anti-ship role, patrolling the naval invasion route, along with 70 110's acting as a rapid response group

Thanks Dashy, that's actually even better than what I was expecting. Can we have a Dozen of the Me110s and about half that number of Ju 88s doing recon work around Yarmouth and points north?

Leave a comment:

• The Land
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    That lump on the left is Wales if you don't mind .#
    Not something the German military worried too much about... have you read any of the WWI accounts of German infantry impressed by advancing "English" troops wearing skirts an playing bagpipes? They were of course Scottish, but the distinction was lost on them ;-)

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X