Game suggestion - Operation Narwhal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game suggestion - Operation Narwhal

Operation Narwhal is the fictional invasion of a fictional island nation called "England", by a fictional continental power called "Germany", on an entirely fictional date called "9 September 1940".

Since this is a completely fictional operation there will be no need to discuss any possible historical operations with any similarities to this.

The scenario would be fought out using a modified version of the Operational Art of War III "Sealion 1940" scenario (with additional manual bookkeeping I will take care of to represent some of the naval and logistical aspects of Operation Narwhal).

I would GM and there would be two teams, one "Britain" and one "German", up to 4 players each side, perhaps each side having commanders of Air, Land and Naval forces, and a Supreme Commander.

Compared to other forum games this would have a well-defined end point. We would play on until either
    a) there were no German units left in Britain (a British victory) or
    b) German units were established in supply in either Manchester or Leeds (German victory) or
    c) until the game reaches December 24th 1940 at which time a points victory would be assessed, using VPs located in the game

So this shouldn't take more than a few months to round off.

If you are interested in playing please post here - if there is demand, I'll try to get briefings posted up next week, and we can start in earnest the subsequent week.

The scenario is set up to be a fun, balanced and challenging game. I am having a lot of fun testing it and look forward to playing it. There is also in some senses a great deal of historical authenticity, and much of the scenario is well-researched. But if this is going to work as a game there must be no discussion at all of historical Sealions, as anyone who knows these forums will know.

Here is a screenshot of the terrain of South East England:

Last edited by The Land; 16 Oct 10, 07:03.
    My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Sounds awesome! Requesting command of ground troops of the german third riech!
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
      Sounds awesome! Requesting command of ground troops of the german third riech!
      Hahahaha, no. That's me. You're a fine Company CO Dashy, but I'm the Operationalist.

I'll fight you to the death for this position.
      A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

why so keen on the German army? If you win you won't get the credit, because everyone expects the German army to beat the British army. ;-)

More seriously, probably best if people put themselves down for a side, and then waits to see the briefings before working out a command structure, depending on how many players there are. Obviously combined operations and teamwork are vital!

Comment

Would love to join, if it starts after the current WW2 game .
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Then again .... not to look like a wuss and back down, but depending on the relative power of the kreigsmarine .....

Comment

It might well finish before the current WW2 game :-)

(No guarantees, but it certainly could happen...)

Comment

I'm interested in a minor command

Say... British ?
                Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                  I'm interested in a minor command

Say... British ?
                  Me too. British minor.
                  Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

British, please
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I go with the bad guys if CinC.
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

British for me as well, I'd choose Land forces if possible
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

I think I'll wait to see a basic OOB before jumping ther gun.

This has intrest at least :P

Comment

I'll be one of the bad guys. That means Nazi's.

Comment

High Five Nudolf Schmidtler!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X