No announcement yet.

ACG: Brothers in Arms - IC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arthwys, what is your official name in the game, sir?
    De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

So from carefully trying to understand all of your suggested tactics and orders, I have come up with the following decisions.

Hauptfeldwebel Heinz’s concept of using Genshagen and its buildings for cover and keyhole position is a great idea. I would like to see his suggestion of having a platoon of the infantry to go over there and execute his suggestion.

Before we get deeper in my instructions, I would also like to point out that as a commander, I’m more inclined to be a defensive tactician, rather than go for the offensive. So hopefully, you will understand my motivations on making the decisions I make for our unit.

Hauptmann Kurt Mann, I do not appreciate your lingering around my unit when you have not asked me directly for permission to “help” or in anyway assist in my mission with this group of gentlemen.

Oberleutnant Reinhardt Sturm, thank you for your intuitive suggestion for requesting the scouts. As now that you have them please proceed as you may probe the believed enemy position up the small hill. Please proceed carefully. Hauptmann von Loewe, I would like you to include one of your Zuge Kcompanies with him, specifically Hauptfeldwebel Ludwig’s Kompanie. Hauptfeldwebel Ludwig and Oberleutnant Sturm, please provide me with specifics of your decided strategy in this endeavor. I would like you to cover the area around F5 in the map as much as possible.

Hauptmann von Loewe, I would like you, Obeleutnant Vosburgh and your 2nd Zuge commander, Oberleutnant Kerbe Von Nudel to work on trying to decide who will be the reserve team and who will be the one to accompany the other Zuge from the 1st Kompanie in trying to obtain the enemy attention. Please refer to the later part of this post for answer on where each Zuge will go. But also, please get back to me ASAP on the decision.

Hauptmann Muller, I like your observation of what should be done. “All we can really do is try to stay out of range of their guns and do our best to fix their attention from that distance. If we get any closer the guns will shred the Panzers and leave the Infantry to fight without support.” However, I feel like we don’t have much of a grasp of the enemy position to devise the encircling plan. That is why Oberleutnant Reinhardt Sturm’s scout troops will come in handy. I am ordering your 3rd Zuge commander, Hauptfeldwebel Heinz and his troops to march over to the town and enact his suggested plan. Hauptfeldwebel Heinz, please coordinate with Sir [Arthwys] on what you specifically want to do and report back to me immediately. However, I would like you to cover the squares I, J and K’s 1-3 in your plans.

Hauptmann Muller, I would like your 2nd Zuge to coordinate with Hauptmann von Loewe for which Zuge company of his will accompany yours in marching out to the middle of the field’s believed to be enemy position in order to see if we can smoke them out that way. The area I would like you to cover for sure are squares L 9-14.

Meanwhile, I would like Oberleutnant Schmidt to be my reserve team from the 1st Kompanie where we will be stay around the base but be in combat ready just in case. This is where the chosen reserve Zuge from the 2nd Kompanie will go. I will stay with these Zuges until I find it necessary to go out into the field. We will be in squares V and W 13-14.

Last few notes, I would like Hauptmann von Loewe and Hauptmann Muller to direct their respective Zuges in the quest to obtain the enemy. Also, all commanders of each Zuge and Kompanie are left to make decisions based on their discretion but keeping in mind my previously released mission/goal for the unit. I do not want to have to reprimand ANYONE that would violate those orders.

I hope that these orders meet your standards gentlemen! Contact me if there are any questions or concerns ASAP! Thank you and good night!

Comment

I'd like to ask for a repost from Khryses on the roster for the game, just to clarify who is playing, etc...
        Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Originally posted by HistoryGirl View Post

I’m more inclined to be a defensive tactician
          Blitztraum=kaput

all frivolity aside, a nice solid plan. now i just have to wait for that motorcyclist to wake from his slumber.

die diec gegossen

P.S.
          to any german readers, i apologise for my horrendous german.
          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

1 Zuge, commanded by Oberleutnant Vosburgh, will go with Hauptmann Muller. 2 Zuge, commanded by Oberleutnant von Nudel, will be the reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
              From the map it's hard to tell if the area is flat except for the hills indicated or is there small rolling hills/ravines/trees that are hard to see on the map?
              Effectively flat.

Easier for the nobs to see what's up, after all
              Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
                I'd like to ask for a repost from Khryses on the roster for the game, just to clarify who is playing, etc...
                When I get home, promise!

Comment

Hauptmann von Loewe, please accompany your 1st Zuge, commanded by Oberleutnant Vosburgh, to go with Hauptmann Muller. 2nd Zuge, commanded by Oberleutnant von Nudel, please direct yourself in my position at the base.

Comment

Hauptfeldwebel Heinz turns to Hauptgefreiter Lutz (his Panzer's Driver):

"Lutz, go tell Unteroffizer Schmitz to get out the rope and have all the Panzers rigged with handholds, no less than 6 per Panzer. I know it will be a tight fit, but we don't have any trucks or halftracks to carry infantry, and I don't want to drive into the town at a walking pace. Also, I want the Panzers to have ropes ready to lash MGs and tripods to for transport"

Hauptgefreiter Lutz dashes off to get the Zuge ready to carry infantry into the town.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Any positions available for a budding Whermacht officer?

Alberich Saxwell was the son of the noted pianist Adolpho Saxwell, and grew up in a highly artistic and highly nationalist household. Early in his youth, Alberich took to the articulate and mechanistic Saxophone as his instrument of choice, which explains his inventive and intricate style of armour command; a unique style which he views as an artform in its own right.

~Alberich Saxwell.

Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Originally posted by HistoryGirl View Post
                        Arthwys, what is your official name in the game, sir?
                        Helmut Gaussen

Sorry for my tardiness

BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Kraftfahrlehrkommando Zossen - OOB, 1000 18 October 1935 (updated)

1. Panzer Regt. - Oberst K. Heinzel (NPC)
                          1. leichte Pionier-Kompanie - Hauptmann Kurt Mann (Capt AFB)

1. Panzer Abteilung - Oberstleutnant M. Ackerman (NPC)

2. Panzer Abteilung - Major Johann von Ravenstein (HistoryGirl)
                          1. Kompanie - Hauptmann Hans Müller (Destroyer25)
                          2 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                          1. Zuge - Oberleutnant Julius Schmidt (Torien)
                          5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                          2. Zuge - Hauptfeldwebel Exorcist (Exorcist)
                          5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                          3. Zuge - Hauptfeldwebel Erwin Heinz (TacCovert4)
                          5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B

2. Kompanie - Hauptmann von Loewe (Legatus Augusti)
                          2 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                          1. Zuge - Oberleutnant Fredrick Vosburgh (SoccerDJ)
                          5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                          2. Zuge - Hauptfeldwebel Kerbe Von Nudel (Nick the Noodle)
                          5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                          3. Zuge - Hauptfeldwebel Hans Ludwig (Dashy)
                          5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B

ATTACHED
                          2. Zuge/Krzn. Aufklaerungskompanie - Oberleutnant Reinhardt Sturm (RichardS)
                          8 x Zundapp KKS500, 4 x BMW R12, 28 x men, 2 x LMG

C/3. Infanterie Kompanie - Hauptmann Helmut Gaussen (Arthwys)
                          14 men, 1 x 8 cm GrW 34, 1 x MG34
                          1. Zuge - Hauptfeldwebel Alberich Saxwell
                          42 men, 1 x MG13
                          2. Zuge
                          42 men, 1 x MG34
                          3. Zuge
                          42 men, 1 x MG13

3. Infanterie Abteilung - Major Ulrich von Steinmetz (NPC)

NB - Note that while the combat engineer/repair/field maintenance formation is attached to Regimental command, it is not committed to this field exercise as no live fire is being used. What could go wrong? Otoh Hauptmann Kurt Mann has requested and been given permission to act as an on-field observer and will doubtless be asked for his thoughts during the AAR as well.

Also, note that while I've tried to be as accurate as I can be... I've just gotten my hands on some vast tomes of information that at a glance suggest I've already made a few mistakes. Oops?

That said, expect that after our adventures at Zossen things will become increasingly realistic. Thank you Mr Jentz!

EDIT - Yes, I accidentally put Nick and Exo in the wrong Kompanies in the first pass. Fixed!
                          Last edited by Khryses; 20 Sep 10, 15:37.

Comment

• Alright men, I've read the plan and I hope you have too. Oberleutnant Kerbe Von Nudel will be leading 2nd Zuge and along with a Zuge from 2 Kompanie, will be making the main effort towards the enemy. Oberleutnant Julius Schmidt will be in reserve with his 1st Zuge. Hauptfeldwebel Erwin Heinz you will be leading your 3rd Zuge into the town along with the Infantry Kompanie led by Hauptmann Helmut Gaussen . I believe his men will be riding on your tanks.

Questions?
                            A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
                              2 Zuge, commanded by Oberleutnant von Nudel, will be the reserve.
                              Make that 2 Zuge, commanded by Hauptfeldwebel Exorcist...

Comment

• Oberleutnant Sturm saluted the Major commanding the Panzer Bn. and walked back to where his scouts were waiting.

"Achtung! Stand by for orders. " He barked at his men. He was proud of how they had come together as a team, but he wasn't going to let up on his discipline. Besides they were now at WAR (games)! He had his men circle him at his command motorcycle. What made it a command motorcycle was that in addition to signal flags; he had a flare gun.

Sturm looked at his leading NCO Feldwebel Bar, his squad leaders Unteroffiziers Mann and Schirer with amusement as they crowded especially close to get the orders.

"Unteroffizier Mann; take your cycle and a second and proceed up the road to Genshagen. Do not enter Genshagen however. Just survey it well with binoculars. If it is clear bypass Genshagen to the east." Oberleutnant Sturm pointed out the two hills. "Survey those hills as good as possible without risking your bikes. You've trained hard for this. You know what to do."

"Unteroffizier Schirer; you will take your cycle and another to scout the edges of those woods . Once scouted swing west toward the main hill."

Strum waited till the Unteroffiziers tapped their seconds.

"Feldwebel Bar and I will take the rest of the Zuge in combat formation straight up toward the hill. #1 LMG will stick with me. #2 LMG will stick with the Feldwebel. We will stop halfway to the hill to bring it under binocular observation before continuing. Drivers remember your training! No straight lines. Adjust speeds frequently. Observers will make frequent surveys with the binoculars. Unteroffiziers Mann and Schirer; you will get a 2 minute head start. Remember your hand signals and flags. Red for enemy in sight and green if clear. If you see the enemy then use hand signals to pinpoint them in your line of sight." Oberleutnant Sturm rolled his eyes. "One day the Generalstab might wise up and provide us radios, but till that day we make do JA?"

A resounding JA came from his men. Sturm looked at his watch.

"Helmets and goggles Mein Herr." His men went to their motorcycles and donned the gear of their trade. The motorcycles all roared to life at the same instant. For a second Sturm wondered how long Bar must have practiced the men to get that down so pat. He suppressed the grin though. When the second hand reached the 12 mark Sturm spit out his orders.

"ACHTUNG AKTION!" And he dropped his arm as the two Unteroffiziers and their teams left on their mission. He let the others keep an eye on the two teams as he waited for the two minutes to elapse. As the second hand closed on the 12 he raised his hand again. "ACHTUNG!" And the second it hit 12 he dropped his hand and the command rang out. "Vorwarts!"

The reconnaissance platoon was now on the move. Sturm brought his binoculars to his face and thanked whomever decided on putting rubber padding on the eye pieces. Otherwise his eyes would be blackened by the pounding of the motorcycle over the terrain.
                                Last edited by RichardS; 20 Sep 10, 18:15.
                                Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X