ACG: Brothers in Arms - IC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
    Almost all the ammo is simulated - of course the eight smoke rounds are 'live', but that's an exception.
    Oh so we do have some smoke. I think I know what we can do now... *Writing tactical battle plan*

Once we get some more officers and NCOs lined up we should definitely have a meeting and make our battle plan.
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

i have an inkling of a battle plan, two in fact, they will be up soon, once iv'e drawn them up.

Divide And Conquer!
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Here we go, Plan 2 is the obvious one and requires the assistance of the other battalion, it is a variation of the Zulu "Bull Horns" method of combat, two pincers to distract and outflank while the "Chest" chruses the enemy and a single Zuge goes off and forms a skirmish line to hold off that other enemy force.

the second one is in case we have to go solo

the reserves in both cases will advance slightly behind the infantrie Kompanies, offering assistance if possible and (hopefully) distracting the AT which (hopefully) will not hit due to smoke.

Simple and hopefully decent. the idea is to completly overwhelm the AT crews from all sides and render the infantry venerable.

*EDIT* the faint grey lines indicate smoke, the yello arrow is the main thrust, the red line is the left outflank, the blue is the right outflank while the red triangle line is the skirmish line. bad resuloution.
        Last edited by Dashy; 16 Sep 10, 22:55.

Comment

Kerbe Von Nudel

Initial thoughts.
          Tanks stay away from the woods where enemy AT rifles are likely to be placed. HE with known enemy positions with howitzers and mortars in infantry units. All other infantry move up, supported by 3 tanks in mobile pill box role supporting right (east flank) covering the woods. ALL other tanks, fight as one on left (west). Shoot on the move - supressive fire. Tanks to be used as the equivelent of light horse archers.

HE effect can be shown by smoke .
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I want to welcome everyone else who have come in and ready to serve in our unit!

I will start looking into your suggestions starting tomorrow and will have a discussion with the GM this weekend on the parameters of what is possible and what isn't!
            De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

Looks like I'm too late for this one, but that's okay.
              Getting my game running is taking all my time, plus the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                Looks like I'm too late for this one, but that's okay.
                Getting my game running is taking all my time, plus the other two.
                No we actually need 1 last player. You and Nick are our commanders for 2 Zuge, 1 Kompanie and 2 Zuge, 2 Kompanie.
                A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Damn! came late... Dammit K you've got to advertise this stuff ahead of time
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                    Damn! came late... Dammit K you've got to advertise this stuff ahead of time
                    No, you just have to be more active.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                      No, you just have to be more active.
                      I'm on here monday to friday... I can't get more active without having ACG grafted to my nervous system!
                      BoRG
                      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

suggestion for offical Battalion song

Panzer Battalion

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                          suggestion for offical Battalion song

Panzer Battalion
                          I'm not sure they had electric guitars back then. The fact that its being sung in English also might be a bit of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                            I'm on here monday to friday... I can't get more active without having ACG grafted to my nervous system!

I believe RichardS and HistoryGirl have something... creative in mind for his role - so that leaves C Kompanie open at present, possibly transferring into the Regiment afterwards.

Not that you strictly need a German name/role to suggest tactical moves - it's deliberately open-ended like that
                            Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                              I believe RichardS and HistoryGirl have something... creative in mind for his role - so that leaves C Kompanie open at present, possibly transferring into the Regiment afterwards.
                              Well, I PMed Historygirl and heard NOTHING back. Getting very frustrated. Let Arthwys have C Kompanie of the Infanterie and if nothing comes out of the talks with Historygirl I'll hold off entry till later.
                              Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

So whos taking the 2 remaining Zuges if Arthwys is taking the Infantry Kompanie?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X