No announcement yet.

ACG: Brothers in Arms - IC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Khryses, shouldn't it be Zug not Zuge? I think Zuge is the plural and Zug is the singular.
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Zuge is formal, it became Zug as the colloquial during the war.
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
        Zuge is formal, it became Zug as the colloquial during the war.
        Ah alright.
        A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
          Oberleutnant Fredrick Vosburgh, 1st Zuge, 2nd Kompanie, reporting for duty.
          Welcome aboard Vosburgh!
          Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
            Hauptmann Hans Müller of 1 Kompanie reporting.
            Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            I'll take 3rd Zuge 1st Kompanie:

Hauptfeldwebel Erwin Heinz
            Oberleutnant Fredrick Vosburgh, 1st Zuge, 2nd Kompanie, reporting for duty.
            Welcome men! Looking forward to your suggestions!
            De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

is the 3rd Zuge 2nd Kompanie still open? if so Hans Ludwig reporting for duty!
              Last edited by Dashy; 16 Sep 10, 03:52.
              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Kfz-Ausbildung Befehl Zossen - OOB, 1000 18 October 1935 (updated)

1. Panzer Regt. - Oberst K. Heinzel (NPC)
                1. Panzer Abteilung - Oberstleutnant M. Ackerman (NPC)

2. Panzer Abteilung - Major Johann von Ravenstein (HistoryGirl)
                1. Kompanie - Hauptmann Hans Müller (Destroyer25)
                2 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                1. Zuge - Oberleutnant Julius Schmidt (Torien)
                5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                2. Zuge
                5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                3. Zuge - Hauptfeldwebel Erwin Heinz (TacCovert4)
                5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B

2. Kompanie - Hauptmann von Loewe (Legatus Augusti)
                2 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                1. Zuge - Oberleutnant Fredrick Vosburgh (SoccerDJ)
                5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                2. Zuge
                5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                3. Zuge - Hauptfeldwebel Hans Ludwig (Dashy)
                5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B

C/3. Infanterie Kompanie (attached)
                140 men

3. Infanterie Abteilung - Major Ulrich von Steinmetz (NPC)

Keep up the excellent work people

NB (Yes, it looks like we've been moved! When I was checking before starting these I found I was welcome in either subforum, so no biggie ^_^).

Comment

The 37mm PAK would be devastating against PZKW I's. However, it won't be much good against infantry. Looking at the map, it looks like the objective sits in pretty open ground and considering that the "enemy force" probably has machine guns, I don't see where we have much choice but to use the woods for cover.
                  "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                  — Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
                    Welcome aboard Vosburgh!
                    Thank you sir!

It looks like no matter what we will be crossing open ground. However, since we do have a flanking force and our orders are to probe and fix the enemy attention I would think advancing forward between the hill and town would draw the enemy attention from the direction of our flanking forces. We could also employ a leap frog type advance so as to keep a constant fire on the enemy and hopefully keep their heads down.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Thank you sir!

It looks like no matter what we will be crossing open ground. However, since we do have a flanking force and our orders are to probe and fix the enemy attention I would think advancing forward between the hill and town would draw the enemy attention from the direction of our flanking forces. We could also employ a leap frog type advance so as to keep a constant fire on the enemy and hopefully keep their heads down.
                      That's probably our best option, however I don't know how effective the suppressive fire from our Panzer Is will be. Do we have any form of artillery available?

Comment

That's probably our best option, however I don't know how effective the suppressive fire from our Panzer Is will be. Do we have any form of artillery available?
                        Infanterie Kompanie C does have a single 8 cm Granatwerfer 34 attached, if that's of use.

Obviously they can't fire actual HE rounds, but simulated ones are available if that's a help.

Comment

Good day,

You can't have so many moving and firing mechanical parts around without dedicated maintenance personnel.

If agreed I will play the maintenance platoon (Zug) commander assigned to the II. Pzr Abteilung. (Heinz cannot take care of a whole battalion - engine, body and armament - and still fight from his turret!)

I'll be Hauptmann Kurt Mann.

Hauptmann Mann has zero mechanical aptitude (he is a former cavalry officer originally from a small alpine town) but will lead a somewhat zany but formidable crew of mechanics and weapon technicians - the best in the division. His Oberfeldwebel -nicknamed Rot for his red hair - is the real genius in the platoon, a-down-on-his-luck WW1 vet who used to work as an engineer at the Opel factory.

Always following his platoon (1 car, 3 trucks and 1 wrecker) and de facto under his responsability will be the 3-man medical team (all medics, no doctor) in a brand spanking new Opel ambulance.

Any room for my character?

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                            Infanterie Kompanie C does have a single 8 cm Granatwerfer 34 attached, if that's of use.

Obviously they can't fire actual HE rounds, but simulated ones are available if that's a help.
                            Well obviously all the ammo simulated right? Or do we actually have to do a live combat demonstration?

Comment

ok, a little back-story, then some tactical idea throwing.

Hans Ludwig's father was a major in WW1, and in the Cambri sector when the British launched their great tank offensive. Ludwig Sr's stories of armored behemoths rolling over the German lines have enthralled Hans ever since, and he is a frenetic believer of Heinz Guderians Blitzkrieg and deep operations within enemy territory.

as for the Tactics, i think we need to find out where the PAK's are, do we have any motorcycle or (dare i say it) bicycle scout units? once the PAK's have been isolated we can attack the positions from as many directions as possible, using our speed to (hopefully) evade enemy fire while the flanking force advances and closes the trap, as it were.
                              Last edited by Dashy; 16 Sep 10, 15:24.
                              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Well obviously all the ammo simulated right? Or do we actually have to do a live combat demonstration?
                                Almost all the ammo is simulated - of course the eight smoke rounds are 'live', but that's an exception.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X