ACG: Brothers in Arms - IC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
    An Oberstleutnant is commanding a Zuge? Also, I believe our mission is to probe enemy positions frontally to allow Ackerman's Panzer Abteilung to executed the flanking maneuver.
    No, just an Oberleutnant...
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by HistoryGirl View Post
      Welcome Oberleutnant Schmidt! I'm not sure where we should be because I am hoping to get more intel! I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
      An Oberstleutnant is commanding a Zuge? Also, I believe our mission is to probe enemy positions frontally to allow Ackerman's Panzer Abteilung to executed the flanking maneuver.
      Good points. I guess I shouldn't be calling the shots since I can't read basic orders...

Just tell me where you want my tanks, Major von Ravenstein.
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
        No, just an Oberleutnant...
        Well you said,
        2nd Zuge, 1st Kompanie,
        Oberstleutnants would generally be leading Battalions, Regiments, or occupying staff positions.
        A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Well you said, Oberstleutnants would generally be leading Battalions, Regiments, or occupying staff positions.
          ? I was identifying myself as the leader of the 2nd Zuge, in the 1st Kompanie of von Ravenstein's Abteilung. I believe that rank would be an Oberleutnant. Am I wrong?
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

Danke Major. Hauptmann eh? I guess I'll take 1. Kompanie then.
            Then I'll take 2 Kompanie. Hauptmann von Loewe reporting!
            Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

I'll take 3rd Zuge 1st Kompanie:

Hauptfeldwebel Erwin Heinz
              Last edited by TacCovert4; 15 Sep 10, 21:07. Reason: changing to proper rank
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                ? I was identifying myself as the leader of the 2nd Zuge, in the 1st Kompanie of von Ravenstein's Abteilung. I believe that rank would be an Oberleutnant. Am I wrong?
                Oh I feel dumb now, I thought you said Oberstleutnant. I must be going blind. No, you're right, an Oberleutnant would command the 1st Zug, while Hauptfeldwebels would likely command the 2nd and 3rd Zuge. The Oberleutnant would also serve as the Kompanie 2nd in command.
                A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Anyway, since everyone is getting German names I thought I would too.
                  Hauptmann Hans Müller of 1 Kompanie reporting.

Torien, since your an Oberleutnant you should serve as my 2nd in command and take charge of 1st Zug.

Comment

Anyway, since everyone is getting German names I thought I would too.
                    Hauptmann Hans Müller of 1 Kompanie reporting.

Torien, since your an Oberleutnant you should serve as my 2nd in command and take charge of 1st Zug.
                    Ok. I'm 1st Zuge, Ist Kompanie.
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

Alright then, I just need another Hauptfeldwebel to command 2 Zug. Or perhaps another if we are assigning assistant Zug commanders, in which case we'd need two Feldwebels also. But I don't think we need to fill ALL the NCO positions.

Comment

Just an idea. Since until now, there was no PanzerKorps, all of our characters (especially the NCOs and older officers) would have come out of different fields. How about we put a quick backstory for our characters, specifying their former specialty, so it can be a modifier for their abilities in the Kompanie?

Hauptfeldwebel Erwin Heinz is a 12 year veteran of the Wehrmacht. He served for 11 years as a mechanic, eventually working his way up to assistant battalion maintenance chief before he volunteered and was selected for Panzers.

(This would kind of make me 1st Kompanie's ersatz maintenance chief, and in the vicinity of wherever I am, vehicles would be less likely to break down)
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

These games develop as the story unfolds. Don't need to do so much up front
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                            Just an idea. Since until now, there was no PanzerKorps, all of our characters (especially the NCOs and older officers) would have come out of different fields. How about we put a quick backstory for our characters, specifying their former specialty, so it can be a modifier for their abilities in the Kompanie?

Hauptfeldwebel Erwin Heinz is a 12 year veteran of the Wehrmacht. He served for 11 years as a mechanic, eventually working his way up to assistant battalion maintenance chief before he volunteered and was selected for Panzers.

(This would kind of make me 1st Kompanie's ersatz maintenance chief, and in the vicinity of wherever I am, vehicles would be less likely to break down)
                            Sounds good.

Hauptmann Hans Müller served briefly in WW1 as an NCO and stayed in the Army under the Weimar Republic, his father served as a Regimental commander and educated him in military tactics. After being promoted to Captain he volunteered for the new Panzer Arm. Müller always had a great interest in tanks after seeing them in WW1, he believed that they would one day take the role of cavalry, maneuvering all over the battlefield, executing flanking maneuvers and such.

Comment

Good thinking though - backstories will help to evolve your modifier(s) over time, albeit not as much as what you and your command actually do across the Sim.

As an example, Hauptfeldwebel Heinz's subordinates may pick up increased maintenance expertise over time, but in the short term the only concrete advantage that will give him is if he physically hops out of his Panzer to direct them in repair.

That said, this should be as much a tale of the men who make up the formation as it is what they accomplish, so in that sense backstories are a superb idea.

Keep up the great work, gentles
                              Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Oberleutnant Fredrick Vosburgh, 1st Zuge, 2nd Kompanie, reporting for duty.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X