No announcement yet.

ACG: Brothers in Arms - IC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hans got Fritz's orders in. "Mein gott." he muttered under his breath. "That boy has some Talent.". Switching on his radio he replied to Fritz "I'll put in a request to the prioneer group, once they have finished fixing that bridge they should be able to check out that tank."

He then radioed Muller "Haptmann, I will commence with the assault on the hill presently."

He then switched (it was amazing this switch hadn't broken) to his new command frequency. " Three Companie, as soon as you see the stukas flying over launch your assault, I will let you decide formation and how you will tackle this task but remeber my Kompanie will take care of the rear and west flank. (im assuming BK is some form of Infantrie?) BK is to support this assault. Recon, you should support this assualt on the flanks, don't try and put yourselves in the line of fire, but give the enemy plenty of lead. My Kompaine, Saxwell, go and hold that road, hopefully you won't get attacked, if you do, hopefully we will have the hill. Vosburgh, follow Fritzes attack plan, its quite sensible for this attack. Nudel, if you can catch up, you are under the Command of 3 Kompanie until we take this ****** hill."

Hans then leant down in his cramped little command panzer and patted his driver on the back. "Time to go mein friend, lets get these polskis back for Gledowo"

Thus rumbled the engines, and the panzers set off once more, eager for war.
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Oblt Heinz observed the developping situation through his Zeiss Binoculars, sitting up on top of his command car....

It hadn't been cheap, but his Kompanie (my does that have a ring to it) had cleared the artillery and AT barrage and made it to their designated blocking position. Now the Poles in Rych would have to choose between continuing to attack Slochau, or fighting their way back to Chojnice. Either way, they'd be pinched between 2 forces the whole way. It looked like the Poles were sending a Kompanie of their own to engage his from Chojnice, but over that open terrain, his IVs 75mm guns would be able to reap a terrible price on any attacking infantry, and his own attached infanterie had taken the only village providing cover between Chojnice and Rych.

Turning South, he took a quick look at a small, but somewhat dominant hill. He couldn't see much, being 6km out, but still he could pick up the occasional shell impact on the hill, showing that at least some of the artillery was being dialed in. He sincerely hoped that time on the range had taught his fellow commanders to ignore the concentration in defensive ground and flow around them, forcing them to either surrender or retreat by virtue of there being no supporting units. According to his map, there was open ground for kilometers in each direction, and no reason to assault a defended hill with panzers. But that was for 2 Kompanie to decide.

A shell impacts a hundred meters away from his position, jerking his attention back to his own troops. He grabs the radio and dials it into the infantry's frequency:

"A/5 Kompanie: Put your infanterie in good defensive positions and consolidate your troops. It looks like we'll be here for a bit. Make sure your vehicles are spread out so the Polskis can't hit them all with artillery. Also, we don't know what's north of us yet, so put a Zuge facing North. And get your Anti-tank Rifles deployed. With 1 Zuge off recapturing Slochau, we don't have much Anti-tank firepower, so you'll have to provide your own to some extent. Also, be advised that 6 regt. is moving to your North, so you may encounter German troops within the next couple of hours, so be cautious against Friendly fire. Make sure you're covering Chojnice, we don't want their infanterie to get farther than a Klick from the city."

He then turns the dial back to the Kompanie frequency:

"Schmitz, Get your panzers spread out there, and keep them moving from hull-down to hull-down. I don't want the Poles to get dialed in for artillery. If their infanterie starts coming out of Chojnice, let them get a good Klick out of the city, then pound them with HE and MG fire if they get close enough. Use good positioning and mutually supporting fire to prevent them from getting AT guns into action, and don't let them close enough to use AT rifles. Back off if necessary, and we'll move more troops to support you."

"Hauptfeldwebel Marks, make sure your PzIs are moving around as well. Work with the infanterie to ensure a solid defense of the area. I don't want those *******s getting out of Rych. And get your infanterie to dig in, I don't want a little mortar barrage getting them all in one swoop. We can expect a heavy attack in your sector as soon as they realize their predicament. Don't let them get AT guns in position to take out your panzers, they might be obsolete, but they're not useless, and we need all the mobile firepower we can get. Just because we're in a stationary position doesn't mean we're stationary. We should always be moving, always be seeking a better position, and always trying to outconcentrate the enemy in a sector, drive him back, then move on to another sector. That's the only way a Kompanie will hold back a Brigade."

"All Panzers, be ready to shift to the opposite side of the defense at a moment's notice. If they make a heavy enough attack on one side or the other, you'll be moving from East to West, beating them back in succession. I do not intend on standing toe-to-toe in attrition, instead throwing enough firepower to one side to shatter their attack, then shifting it to the other side and shattering that attack. We have a central position, and we will be using that to boost the effects of our Kompanie far beyond its actual firepower."

Keeping true to his own orders, Heinz then ducks back down in his command car and tells his driver to take him over to 2 Zuge's positions. He wants to take a good look at what opportunities Chojnice might have, then get back to the more vulnerable Rych side of the line and ready to call for air support if a significant attack on his troops starts. Who knows, if the Poles attack in Earnest, even his Befelswagen might be needed to throw out some lead from its one MG34 (thankfully the Hauptmann was able to replace the MG13 with something that fired from a belt instead of a magazine!).

As his command track lurches across the plain, Heinz ponders some of the decisions made regarding that letter of recommendations he helped pen several years back......OKW did get immediately into building a tank with a bigger cannon, though the PzII was still quite anemic. The IVs 75mm had indeed been a deciding factor already, and more of them should be built. Still, they were low on true ATG armed Panzers, and the Oblt wondered to himself if they should start pulling the turrets off the obsolete PzIs and building up superstructures like the one he was now in. Yes it meant that the panzer's guns were slower to bear, but the chassis could stand the recoil of an ATG or even a 75mm like on the IV. That would extend the life of a chassis that the Reich could scarcely afford to squander, and make room for an important 3rd crewman to run the gun while the commander searched for targets and ran the MG. All good Panzers should definitely have an MG...........
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
        ... " Three Companie, as soon as you see the stukas flying over launch your assault, I will let you decide formation and how you will tackle this task but remeber my Kompanie will take care of the rear and west flank. (im assuming BK is some form of Infantrie?) BK is to support this assault. Recon, you should support this assualt on the flanks, don't try and put yourselves in the line of fire, but give the enemy plenty of lead. My Kompaine, Saxwell, go and hold that road, hopefully you won't get attacked, if you do, hopefully we will have the hill. Vosburgh, follow Fritzes attack plan, its quite sensible for this attack. Nudel, if you can catch up, you are under the Command of 3 Kompanie until we take this ****** hill."...
        Helmut gave the radio a quick incredulous look... was Hans Drunk? "Hans, I can't go anywhere until I'm releived in Schlochau! 1st Abteilung isn't in control yet and if I pull out we'll have the Poles all over our backside!..."
        The roar of combat can be heard over the radio, from the chunky barking of the PZ II's 20mm cannons, and the chatter of the MGs to the sound of slug impacts on the panzers' armour... "Look Hans we'll get there as soon as we're able but these verdammt Poles are fighting harder than the little man in Berlin ever gave them credit for!"

Hans turned back to commanding his Kompanie in a battle that should never have been happening in the first place realizing as he did so that he was still communicating like an infantry commander; informal, blunt and to the point... ah well he thought they can hang me after the war
        BoRG
        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
          Helmut gave the radio a quick incredulous look... was Hans Drunk? "Hans, I can't go anywhere until I'm releived in Schlochau! 1st Abteilung isn't in control yet and if I pull out we'll have the Poles all over our backside!..."
          The roar of combat can be heard over the radio, from the chunky barking of the PZ II's 20mm cannons, and the chatter of the MGs to the sound of slug impacts on the panzers' armour... "Look Hans we'll get there as soon as we're able but these verdammt Poles are fighting harder than the little man in Berlin ever gave them credit for!"

Hans turned back to commanding his Kompanie in a battle that should never have been happening in the first place realizing as he did so that he was still communicating like an infantry commander; informal, blunt and to the point... ah well he thought they can hang me after the war
          "I know, so move out when you are relieved. But that hill needs to be surrounded at the very least. We need to destroy isolated enemy forces before they can regroup. If all the forces in the south congregate we could be facing enemy forces in upwards of Regimental strength. We need to destroy their isolated Kompanie before this can happen."
          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
            "I know, so move out when you are relieved. But that hill needs to be surrounded at the very least. We need to destroy isolated enemy forces before they can regroup. If all the forces in the south congregate we could be facing enemy forces in upwards of Regimental strength. We need to destroy their isolated Kompanie before this can happen."
            Hans nodded in agreement un-thinking of the fact that Muller wouldn't see it.

"Ja, Ja Hans I know. you need 1st Abteilung to move their arses and radio me when I can pull out!"

Switching channels to bring his Kompanie into the transmission Helmut continued:

" All Zuges! we hold here until we're relieved by 1st Abteilung! when they come we're moving to take that Hill we're hearing so much about! Zuge III
            you're blending with I. No arguments! Karl! you've no Zuge left to command until your tanks are repaired! and I is short!

When we move out II is in the lead followed by I and IV, Command group will be behind I. We go spread-out and maximum throttle!

Ludy wants us to time our attack with the Stukas, that depends on how things go here!"
            BoRG
            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Hans thought to himself for a few moments then picked up his radio and set it to the Abt frequency. "Listen up, new plan. 2K will leave a few Panzers at their current position to observe the enemy, the rest of their forces will head to Wierzchowo. I want them to aid the Recon Zuge in ambushing the enemy. The Stukas will bomb and strafe enemy forces in Zamarte and any other forces they detect south of it. 3K, the Inf K and our other Recon forces in Schlochau will join 2K when they can. It's up to them whether they want to attack Zamarte or not, they should only do so if they are confident in victory. The bombers will bomb Chojnice."

He then radioed 1 Abt. "Ackerman I need you to relieve my forces in Schlochau, I've been taske with far too much. I can't fix the enemy and launch an attack alone, so I need you to fight your way eastward. I ask nothing more, I just need you to relieve my men and prod eastwars towards Rych. If you can also direct artillery and mortar fire at H10 it would be appreciated."
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• "Saxwell, stay here and defend the road..." "Saxwell, stay here and bombard those defences"..."Saxwell, ill be watching you...better be as good as the reports suggest..." "polish my shoes saxwell" "nanenanenanana, saxwell"......well I guess everyone seems friendlier after we've had a few. resignedly, saxwell sighed "jawohl" over his microphone for the zillionth time. "mein Gott" If he had actualy read the reports then perhaps he would not be so patronizing, but then again, im surprised he can see half the time, let alone read a detailed personnel report. oh well lets hope those verdammt polski decide to take a stroll down saxwells street.....
                Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                  He then radioed 1 Abt. "Ackerman I need you to relieve my forces in Schlochau, I've been taske with far too much. I can't fix the enemy and launch an attack alone, so I need you to fight your way eastward. I ask nothing more, I just need you to relieve my men and prod eastwars towards Rych. If you can also direct artillery and mortar fire at H10 it would be appreciated."
                  The radio crackles in response. "Erste Actual. Confirming that we will drive into Schlochau and clear her - we would appreciate at least a Zuge remaining on the north side of the bridge to act as an anvil, this will expedite the operation. Beyond that, we will probe Rychnowy as requested - however you already have divisional artillery tasked to you; there isn't any more in 3.Pz.Div. The mortar elements are in B Co, which I will make use of in clearing our town. Ackerman clear."
                  Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                    The radio crackles in response. "Erste Actual. Confirming that we will drive into Schlochau and clear her - we would appreciate at least a Zuge remaining on the north side of the bridge to act as an anvil, this will expedite the operation. Beyond that, we will probe Rychnowy as requested - however you already have divisional artillery tasked to you; there isn't any more in 3.Pz.Div. The mortar elements are in B Co, which I will make use of in clearing our town. Ackerman clear."
                    "Danke, we will keep a Zuge North of the bridge. We would appreciate it if you could let the units know when they can leave their posts and head south."

Comment

• Hans swore angrily as his assault on the hill stalled and was redirected to wizerchow. he grabbed his worn radio once more and issued another stream of orders "Saxwell, you stay and defend the village, you have some experience in that ja? Nudel, you can stay and be the Anvil that 1. Abt requires, to free up 3.Kompanie. Vosburgh and Fritz! turn your tanks around, we will take this village, and keep your eyes out for those gottforsaken anti-tank rifles."

It seemed Ironic that all three Hans'es were at loggerheads, and in control of the three companies.

Comment

• "Hans, don't be too aggressive until support arrives. You should only harass enemy columns along the road to Wierzchowo in cooperation with the Recon Zuge. Once 3K, some infantry and more Recon forces arrive you should avoid attacking any of the towns south east of the Hill H10. The idea is to get behind the enemy and make him panic. We don't want the Poles congregating."

Comment

• "Jawholl" Saxwell said, with a little more enthusiasm. "and with no white coated officials running around, this village defense should be a breeze". saxwell chuckled, as he turned back towards the village.
                          ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• From his peaceful post in Skarszewo, Lt. Saxwell watches the war go on around him - from the sound of heavy weapons fire to the north Obstlt. Ackerman is getting heavily engaged with the stubborn Polish defenders of Schlochau.

Meanwhile Hptm. Ludwig is charging gleefully off to fight the advancing Polish... cavalry? He seems unaware of the fast-moving column of infantry heading south-east from the hill at H10 - or the AT-guns pivoting to open fire on his flank...
                            "Gott verdammt..." Saxwell, observing the chaos hastily grabbed his radio: "hanz, ludwig is in trouble, orders? HANZ? reagieren!?" greeted with nothing but static, saxwell did the only thing which made sence. muttering aboth the irony concerning his commanders lack of stifling orders for once, at the most crucial point for saxwell thus far into the campaign, he made a split second decision:

"nach vorn! schnell!! we shall flank the flankers; come in from behind and take out the AT's!!"

"this should break the monotony nicely, however in such a dangerous fashion..."
                            ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• (QUESTION) do I know, now that Ogilvy has revealed this infantry formation, that I am on the verge of being outflanked? (QUESTION)

Comment

• Well seeing how I got word of it I suppose you would know too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X