No announcement yet.

ACG: Brothers in Arms - IC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oberleutenant Erwin Heinz gathers up 1 Kompanien. As the men pile out of their tanks, Heinz takes time to reminisce for a moment with some of his Komraden.

"Feldwebel Schmitz, Hauptgefrieter Lutz. It seems like only yesterday I was a newly selected Leutenant with a crazy idea to put Panzers deep into the flank of a large enemy force and hold at all costs until the enemy could be beaten. We went into Genshagen with too few Panzers, and too much confidence in a weapon that was extremely poor. Now, we got the panzers we all asked for when the exercise was over. Panzers with real armor, and a real gun. Now we can put ourselves into the same spot and have confidence that our Panzers truly will make the difference. Is everyone gathered? Good....let's begin"

"Gents, today marks a grand occasion in the rising of the Fatherland. No longer will we be cowed by weaker nations' idle threats....but that's not what I brought you up here to hear."

"We're at the spearhead of this assault. Ze Hauptmann is off playing Major, so I will be leading your Zuges into battle. Feldwebel Schmitz will be in charge of 2 Zuge, the rest of you will have your normal leadership. Our mission is to get between the Brigade in Rychnowy and the headquarters units and reserves at Chojnice. We're to keep them from combining forces, and if possible, to decimate them. I have no intentions of sitting still today. I also have no intentions of throwing away my men and equipment. The first phase will be simple. The Kompanie will cross the bridge at sector E-4. First to cross will be my track and the IVs under Feldwebel Schmitz. We cross them first so they don't slow down the assault while we wait for them. Then we cross the IIs and Is as fast as possible. We will also have motorized infanterie crossing with us, a luxury we could have only dreamed of a few years ago. The IVs will bring up the tail of the spearhead. the IIs will make the vanguard, and the Is will guard the flanks. The Infanterie will be behind the IVs, I don't intend on giving up a good shot with the 75mms. Use your radios and call out and engage threats. Keep the formation moving at a steady rate, but not tight, we don't want to make a prime target for mortars or artillery. We're going to work due East on phase line E, passing just north of Gledowo and angling North until we reach C11. At C11, the PzIIs will punch out to the East, supported by 1/2 of the infanterie. They'll mask Chojnice, and take advantage of any opening to put fire or have fire called for on exposed units there. Be mindful that they will have AT guns, and that we're not attacking the city directly. Feldwebel Schmitz will take 3 IVs and 3 Is to the West with the other half of the infanterie to engage the Brigade that will then be facing the wrong direction. Our job is to draw them out into the open, where our shells will hav a significant effect on them. I'll be in the center with the reserve of 2 IVs and 4 PzIs. We'll be guarding the southern flank until the Abetilung catches up to us, and then reinforcing success. If we can draw the Brigade in Rych into the open, I'll commit the reserves and we'll shred their formations. But do not be decieved by the occasional static nature. This is a Blitzkreig. We're simply holding the door open until the larger Kompanien can get across the bridge and onward towards their objectives. The IVs should not be closing with the enemy, especially if he has AT guns. Use your HE shells to suppress and eliminate infantry. Finally, when in doubt keep moving. Constantly manuever yourself to a good firing position. If a pocket of resistance breaks off and flees, close and wipe them out or force them to surrender. I don't want to be between these forces all day, so we get in, hold the gate open, then move on and let the infantry divisions following us worry about cleaning house by house."

"Any questions? All right, let's mount up. Lutz, get your crew ready to go, you're running the Panzer today while I command the company from the command car."
    Last edited by TacCovert4; 12 Oct 10, 18:12.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Hans left the Briefing room, muttering to himself, in his opinion, the Haptmann was getting a bit big for his shoes, Old Iron Fist had gotten a good replacement.

He got to his rally point, The officers of all ranks in control of his Zuge were there. "Alright men, the Major, whoops I mean, Haptmann, has dealt out his orders" the men around him concealed secret smiles, they knew how easily their Haptmann could create rivalries. "We are to Advance on Debnica, and destroy the garrison there, 1. Zuge is to make a mock frontal assault while the other Zuge Circle around and attack from the rear (I-3). I'll join 4. Zuge to help that new Commander get his mind around the Panzers." a few officers chuckled and nudged each other, pointing at Saxwell, the newest member of their Kompanie.

"Then" Hans continued "we are to Wait for the Heavy infantry to catch up, and no, we can't make them hold on like Kinder this time" A few officers grimaced, waiting was not a well used word in their vocabulary. "then we are to travel north, at as fast speed we can manage, and cut up any enemy reinforcements on the way, once the polski lie like scythed wheat, we can rest on B-10 and drink some Lager while the Haptmann tries to assault Chojnice, Any questions?" Saxwell put up his hand, Hans ignored him and said "Right, get to your Zuge and wait for Zero Hour!" he then turned to Saxwell "You better be as good as the reports say, I'll be keeping a close eye on you"

the Panzers then started their engines and prepared for the red day to come.
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Hauptmann Sturm made his way to the Aufklarungs Kompanie. He signaled over his officers and ranking NCOs.

"Gentlemen, the orders are giving. The ersatz oberst wants 2nd Zuge and me to make a road reconnaissance to Wierzchowo-Dworzee. So the three 321s, the 322 rad fu and the horch will do the reconnaissance. Oberleutnant Mann will take over the rest of the kompanie and at the disposal of Oberst Heinzel.

2nd Zuge line of march. Horch with Hauptfeldwebel Karl as observer/scout. Feldwebel Torr's 231, Luetnant Borg's 231, Fu Rad 232 with me then Feldwebel Zinoffer's 231.

We've trained long and hard Mein Herren. Remember the fundamentals. Plowed fields with no obvious farms nearby. Stiff vegetation in a breeze. Metallic or glass reflections where none should be. I've heard some of Die jungen Löwen claiming the Poles will be a cake walk. Mein Herren; the Poles will fight. Karl; your the best scout in the kompanie. Keep your head on a swivel. If you suspect a concentration of the enemy ahead signal for a 213 to investigate.

This is for real Mein Herren. The white hats this time will be angels to take you to the final rest if you get careless. And you know how much I hate writing letters. So if you are killed by the Poles I'll have you demoted and transferred to the panzers. Now mount up!"

2nd Zuge's engines started up as well as the two HQ vehicles. Sturm's head was outside the turret as well as every other vehicle commander. the reconnaissance team lined up in order of their road march with no complications or mechanical break down. Another day and a new war. Sturm felt he was getting too old for this.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

• Hauptmann Müller called everyone into a room for the final briefing.
          "Gentlemen, I have finalized our tactical plan for the attack on the Poles in our sector. I have a map for you see look at to go along with my explanation. The plan will be carried out in a number of steps, as follows:

1. At 0445, Artillery and mortars open up on Rychnowy. At the same time our forces will begin crossing the bridge at E4. 2K. will go 1st, followed by an Infantry squad and the FlaK guns from the Heavy Infantry Kompanie.

2. The forces stated above will attack Debnica at approximately 0500, 3 Stuka bombers will provide support at this time. The other 10 Stukas will fly to Chojnice and bomb any enemy units they see, otherwise they will target whichever building they believe the HQ is located in. The Stukas will also be asked to strafe enemy units at Rychnowy on their way back. After Debnica is taken the Infantry will set up defensive positions in the town in case the Polish armor counter attacks, the FlaK guns should make quick work of them.

3. Our armored cars will proceed to Wierzchowo-Dworzee, and gather intel on enemy forces there. After that they will establish a blocking position at H10. If enemy columns advance on them they will do their best to delay them, but will retreat as soon as they feel threatened. They can then radio for reinforcements, 2K or 3K will come to their aid.

4. 1K+Mot Inf Kompanie proceed to B10-B12, they will try to provoke the reserves in Chojnice to come out and play.

5. 3K will proceed to D11 and will act as our reserve. Once enemy forces are spotted along the Chojnice-Rychnowy road, they will flank them while they are in transit. 1K will join them.

6. 3Zuge/3K will proceed to Pawlowko (C20), and will prevent them enemy from retreating.

7. Once 2K is finish at Debinca they will proceed to B10-B12 to take over from 1k, unless they get a call from the Recon forces forces for aid, in which case they will help them 1st. Otherwise they will proceed north east.

8. Once 2K has taken over for 1K, 1k, 3K (minus 1 Zuge will maintain it's position and gun down any fleeing Poles), and the Mot Inf Kompanie will attack Chojnice. If the enemy reserves are still in Chojnice you will have to proceed more carefully, but otherwise you will go right in and crush the enemy HQ element.

9. Once the enemy HQ has been dealt with, we can either force the enemy at Rychnowy to surrender, or hold our position and wait for follow up forces.
          Attached Files
          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Hans looked at the Haptmanns plan and remembered two quotes, "Only what is simple can succeed". in this sense the plan would work perfectly, it was an excellent example of "Divide and Conquer".

The second however, was more foreboding. The panzer fist had become an outstretched hand, the question?

Will it be slapped away?

Comment

• At last! A real war is here, Fritz thought to himself and smiled, showing off his shiny teeth. But Hans joining his Zuge? Oh boy, Fritz reasoned within himself, that he better be on his toes at all the time!

He sighed, but be as it is, his duty was now to kill Polish soldiers, and accmplish his mission objectives with all his strength and mind. Somehow, after the meeting was over, he had an eerie feeling, something he recalled in his past, when his father spoke of his experience in World War One. His father never spoke much about his experience, but one day, out of blue, he let it slip, and held his son firmly. "Listen to me, my boy, I don't know if this made any sense to you, but this Hitler business will be one messy affair that Germany won't get out of. Hitler wants a war, well, he'll get it," letting his breath catch up with him, "But listen to me, Germany will lose this war!" That upset Fritz a lot, he idolized Hitler, after all, look at how much he lifted Germany out of poverty and really inspired Germans to do better!

But now...he wondered if his father had a point? Unfortunately, his father died, and maybe in a way it's a blessing in disguise. Fritz wasn't sure of that, but he was prepared to die for Fuhrer, and his country, Germany.
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• "Oh and, my Abteilung HQ will be at Gledowo."
                A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                  I believe the 3rd Kompanie is presently devoid of officers, so you could likely have the whole thing if you want...
                  I'll accept that command.
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• (0552)

As Han's Zuge effortlessly took Debnica He noticed a a crash to his south, and explosions start trailing toward Strums position, Hans had always liked Strums cold head, so his bombardment didn't please Hans.

"That arty could rip our panzers to pieces" as he thinks this horrid thought, the explosions slowly creep toward the bridge at Schlochau. He Radios the Haptmann "Mein Haptmann, My panzers are going to take out that arty, it seems to be south of our position. I will move to take it out, I suggest you reinforce Strum, he seems to be under assault"

Hans swore vehemently, it was impossible to tell from this angle where the artillery was coming from, but since he can hear the crash it must be fairly close.

"Men, we go south!, saxwell, you've done well on this assault, but this is for the Panzer leaders, you guys can stay in the village to defend against counter attack. Nudel! (2. Zuge) we move in wedge formation, your on the left, Vosbrugh(3. Zuge), you take the right and Fritz, you can take the center, you better keep that cool head, me and the reserves (thats what they are, right?) will be a dozen meters behind the center. Move! Schnell! we must get that artillery!"

Hans hoped he wasn't making a huge mistake, but a feeling in his gut told him this was the only choice he would make, for good or ill.

Comment

• Out of character post

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                      (0552)

As Han's Zuge effortlessly took Debnica He noticed a a crash to his south, and explosions start trailing toward Strums position, Hans had always liked Strums cold head, so his bombardment didn't please Hans.

"That arty could rip our panzers to pieces" as he thinks this horrid thought, the explosions slowly creep toward the bridge at Schlochau. He Radios the Haptmann "Mein Haptmann, My panzers are going to take out that arty, it seems to be south of our position. I will move to take it out, I suggest you reinforce Strum, he seems to be under assault"

Hans swore vehemently, it was impossible to tell from this angle where the artillery was coming from, but since he can hear the crash it must be fairly close.

"Men, we go south!, saxwell, you've done well on this assault, but this is for the Panzer leaders, you guys can stay in the village to defend against counter attack. Nudel! (2. Zuge) we move in wedge formation, your on the left, Vosbrugh(3. Zuge), you take the right and Fritz, you can take the center, you better keep that cool head, me and the reserves (thats what they are, right?) will be a dozen meters behind the center. Move! Schnell! we must get that artillery!"

Hans hoped he wasn't making a huge mistake, but a feeling in his gut told him this was the only choice he would make, for good or ill.
                      Did Khryses specifically mention that the Polish artillery unit was there?

Shouldn't we wait for Khryses to post the tactical update and let him play as the god of war, deciding whom to kill off and what enemy is up to?

I always envisioned the role-playing act to be more oriented toward one's character and what he is doing in relation to the enemy as long Khryses noted what the enemy is doing in the tactical updates.

Dan
                      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                        (0552)

Dude what the hell are you doing? Khryses needs to give the 1st update before we can respond.

Comment

• Heh.

Don't worry about it people, I sent out three 'cruxpoint' miniupdates to Dashy, RichardS and TacCovert (in this situation) to see how they react with very short notice to the developing situation (at and around 0522)

I did suggest posting a timestamped IC description of what's going on (after the extremely short deadline for PM'd split-second-responses I set in another hour, but I've received the other two already).

It's something I'm trying to give a random selection of the front-line commanders a chance to react as the update-turns lengthen.

Outstanding, working on the update now
                          Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                            (0552)

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                            Dude what the hell are you doing? Khryses needs to give the 1st update before we can respond.

CUT!!! Rings out from an enraged voice

"Damnit I said CUT! where are my sound guys?!"

A timid hand rises from the craft services table

The Enraged man ( Obviously the director) stomps over red-faced and breathing heavily

"That's three God-Dam*ed hours we just lost! and Why?! because your brain-dead flunkes from rent-a-monkey started the Attack-track early! Do you know how much we are spending on this little war movie per hour?!

Lemme give you an idea! I'm spending your kid's college education in the time it's taking me to give you your justly deserved crap-pie!"

He turns back to the assembled Crew, cast and execs watching uselessly from out of camera-view...

"Ok Reset! let's take it from the top and NO MORE IMPROV DAM*IT!!"

Last edited by Arthwys; 13 Oct 10, 16:31.
                            BoRG
                            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Sturm had his ever present cigar in his mouth. He never smoked them any more since the Doctor told him they would kill him. He had a family to take care of, but he still kept one handy to chew on. Perhaps he should find an alternative. Later. If there was a later.

On time the artillery on their side opened up on the Poles. Sturm put his command link headset up to his ears. One the Abteilung net it was mostly quiet but 2nd Kompanie seemed to be having trouble getting to the start line on time. It was not till 0502 hours that the 2nd Kompanie began its attack.

"Herr Mussolini got his trains to run on time." Sturm joked with the gunner in his FuRad 232.

The man just grinned. He could never figure out if Sturm was anti-government or not and the Gestapo was everywhere. Sturm looked at the panzers of 2nd Kompanie had breached the Polish lines with scarcely a fight and that worried Sturm. Where where the Poles? Well it was his job to find out. Sturm picked up the microphone that was connected to the platoon frequency. His throat microphone was on the Abteilung and Division frequencies. Switch A would be Abteilung and Switch B would be Division. Switch C would be both to Abteilung and Division.

"Aufklarungs Detachment Sturm forward!" Sturm ordered with no dramatics or speeches on the beginning of the new war against the enemies of the Reich.

The Horch with his best scout lead the other eight wheeled armored cars out on the road reconnaissance. Sturm kept his quiet about what he thought about road reconnaissance with 231s. Motorcycles yes. 221s yes. Good cross country vehicles? No.

Suddenly it was the sharper crack of a medium gun in front that drew Sturm's head out of the turret in time to see FW Torr's 231 nose go up in flames and the Horch scrambling out of the way. A quick glance showed 2. 4. 8. NO! 12 anti-tank guns in a kill sack in front of his small troop.

"All gunners suppression fire now! Engage rear drivers and full speed reverse out of the ambush!" Sturm yelled into the tactical net. He then flipped the switch on the command net to C. The ping of rifle caliber bullets off the armor told him infantry was supporting the guns.

"Aufklarungs detachment Sturm reporting. Heavy resistance encountered at phase line E point 5/6. map reference . . " Sturm calculated it quickly and read the numbers off. "Enemy consists of at least a dozen anti-tank guns supported by infantry. Request Stuka support. Sturm out!"

Once the survivors got out of range of the anti-tank guns and infantry Sturm popped his head out of the turret to see what his loses was. No need to use the radio when looking would be as fast. His mind was already formulating a rescue plan to get his stranded crews out of the danger zone. A brief glance at his watched showed him that his war was only 17 minutes long. It was 0519 hours.
                              Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

• Hauptmann Müller was sitting in his command tank, when he heard a message from Sturm, who was calling for support. His recon platoon had been ambushed by AT Guns. Müller grabbed his radio and sent a message to the Divisional HQ. "Müller here, I need artillery or Stuka support! Enemy Infantry and AT guns encountered around E5/6."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X