No announcement yet.

ACG: Brothers in Arms - IC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauptmann Müller, curious as to why Oberstleutnant M. Ackerman's Panzer Abteilung has yet to make an appearance, radios Major Johann von Ravenstein.

"Major, Müller here. Do you know where 2. Panzer Abteilung is? If Ackerman sent a Zuge or 2 due west he could roll right up the enemy's flank. He could easily cease the hill from behind and then engage the 3 Infantry Kompanie who are out in the open. If he is unable to do this I think you better release 2. Kompanie's reserve so that they can join us in the fight for the hill.
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Oberleutnant Sturm used hand signals for his platoon to regroup with out the motorcycles behind the panzers.

"Set up the machine gun for sustained fire. Suppress the enemy anti-tank guns! Fire. Rest of the platoon fire on the gun crews as well! Fire!"

With the command given Sturm began to look for wrinkles in the terrain that could provide cover for men. Once the panzers began to move he and his men would be exposed if the enemy MGs and paks were not suppressed or destroyed. If they are suppressed they would remount the motorcycles and move forward.
      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

• Hauptmann Müller radios Oberleutnant Julius Schmidt. "Oberleutnant, you have been released from reserve. Report to Genshagen with your Zuge, you are subordinated to Oberleutnant Erwin for this tactical operation."

He puts down his radio and thinks for a few minutes, then radioed Oberleutnant Hans Ludwig. "Oberleutnant, I heard that your 2nd platoon has been released for reserve. If you sent it north east we could link up with 1 Panzer Abteilung and attack the hill from the rear. There appears to be another Infantry Kompanie heading south to reinforce the Abteilung on the hill. We have to catch it out in the open now, otherwise we likely wont have enough strength to take the hill.
        A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
          Hauptmann Müller radios Oberleutnant Julius Schmidt. "Oberleutnant, you have been released from reserve. Report to Genshagen with your Zuge, you are subordinated to Oberleutnant Erwin for this tactical operation."

He puts down his radio and thinks for a few minutes, then radioed Oberleutnant Hans Ludwig. "Oberleutnant, I heard that your 2nd platoon has been released for reserve. If you sent it north east we could link up with 1 Panzer Abteilung and attack the hill from the rear. There appears to be another Infantry Kompanie heading south to reinforce the Abteilung on the hill. We have to catch it out in the open now, otherwise we likely wont have enough strength to take the hill.
          "Yavohl, mein Hauptmann. Proceding post-haste to Genshagen. We will report to Oberleutnant Erwin."
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

• Here are my new orders men!

Hello gentlemen! I hope that these new orders will reflect my current view of your abilities. I am allowing you to make the proper adjustments to your units as you see fit as long as the results during encounters with the enemy continues to pursue my previously stated mission goals. As such, here are your new orders:

Hauptmann Mann - I will join you in wait for possible repairs needed, which I am told will probably not happen.

Hauptmann Muller - Continue with Oberleutnant Ludwig and your Zuges:
            2. Zuge 1. Kompanie with Oberleutnant Exorcist
            2. Zuge 2. Kompanie with
            Oberleutnant Von Nudel
            1. Zuge 2. Kompanie with Oberleutnant Vosburgh

1. Zuge 1. Kompanie with Oberleutnant Schmidt joins 3. Zuge 1.
            Kompanie with Hauptfeldwebel Heinz. Commanders, you should coordinate with Hauptmann Gaussen.

Hauptmann Gaussen - Use your reserves as you see fit with these Zuges:
            1. Zuge 1. Kompanie with Oberleutnant Schmidt joins 3. Zuge 1.
            Kompanie with Hauptfeldwebel Heinz.

Oberleutnant Saxwell join Leutnant Fritz's 3. Zuge 2. Kompanie and
            Oberleutnant Strum's unit.

2. Zuge with 39 men; 3. Zuge with 42 men - I want them to go with
            Muller and Ludwig in their attempt to flank the enemies.

I want you troops around the woods to go into formation
            against the enemy positions from squares B/C 17 and A/B 19/20. Then I
            want the troops in the center of the map to flank the two enemy positions in I/11 and L 10/11. Lastly, I want the troops who are in reserve in the bottom of the map to join the Genshagen situated troops to fight the 3 enemy positions facing the town.

I hope these orders suit your needs gentlemen! Please contact me via PM if you need anything else!

Major von Ravenstein
            De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

• Leutenant Erwin Heinz watches with admiration as Saxwell gets his infantry in gear, pouring out a decisive fire on the Kompanies approaching Genshagen. Obviously they realized too late that Genshagen is the key to holding the hill. Hauptgefreiter Lutz had his panzers in a good position, and it looks like they would hold until the other Zuge made it to continue the assault.

Then the mortars started. And the white hats started running amongst the infantry telling them they were suppressed or killed.

And the Kompanies renewed their advance, and under ferocious MG and rifle fire, Saxwell's infantry started to fall apart. First in ones and twos, then in knots of a half dozen, the men withdrew from the outermost buildings, and the fire against the Paks slackened appreciably. The Paks renewed their tell tell pops, and Heinz heard a thunk and discovered that one of his precious Panzers was out of action.....And the infantry was getting danger close.

Leutenant Heinz yelled to his driver: "Lutz, get us back in cover!, Keyhole us so those Paks only get a shot at the MGs. I need to get us into the fight!"

Leutenant Heinz racked shells into the chambers of his MG13s with one hand as he grabbed the radio with the second.

"Hauptgefreiter Schmitz! Get your panzers in keyhole positions. One of you hit the PAK on your flank, the other rake those infantry formations and make them get their heads down! Stay out of the line of fire of those PAKs, we've got to hold out until our reinforcements get here!"

"Whoever's still alive on the East, get yourself to the Northeast and in cover. Rake the center of their formation with fire, but avoid getting in line with those PAKs."

Spinning the traverse wheel like someone gone mad, Heinz starts depressing the Machine guns triggers, sending out the first tracers from his Panzer to the enemy infantry, Lutz ready to reverse the moment a PAK tries to line up its sights. The fire is rather sporadic though, burst pause burst, unlike the steady syncopated fire from the other panzers MGs, as the Leutenant's attention is split somewhat........

"Mein Hauptmann, I need fire support against these 3 Kompanien. If they get Genshagen, they'll be on the flank of the Battalion, and out of the regiment's kill sack! I need smoke or HE to either mask them or pin them down until the reinforcements get here so we can resume the attack!"

Streams of rounds pour out of the Panzer as Heinz puts a long sweeping burst into the front of an advancing Zuge of Infanterie.

"Oberleutenant Schmidt! They're advancing and we're about to be overrun! I need you to drive through the town as fast as you can and assist Hauptgetfrieter Schmitz on the North Flank! Open up as soon as you have shots and fire from the move until you get in position. Your 5 Panzers will shatter that Kompanien in the Open, so be prepared to advance the moment they start to fall apart! We MUST REGAIN THE INITIATIVE!"

The intermittent fire picks back up as Heinz empties 2 entire magazines into another advancing Zuge. "Lutz! Back us up, Schnell Schnell!" The Panzer lurches to the rear as they duck back behind cover. Heinz opens his hatch and starts loading his MGs from the bin of magazines, yelling out the hatch at some nearby infanterie:

"Come back and fight! This is only an exercise! Are you going to run in front of your friends and your countrymen in Genshagen? What if those were Red Russian Dogs out there? Now get into those houses and start shooting, there's my brave German Soldiers. More Panzers are coming, the old man told me himself!"

As Lutz starts to pull the reloaded Panzer back forward into the position, Heinz gets on the radio with Saxwell:

"Oberleutenant Saxwell, I need you to get your men back into the fight. If your MGs are too hotly pressed hurry up and resite them, but your riflemen should spread out and keep shooting. If your Zuge falls apart, we all die here, so stiffen them up until Oberleutenant Schmidt gets here to turn the tide. My panzers can't stop them alone, but more panzers are coming to help us, and I've called for fire support! We cannot let our Komraden see German soldiers running away, not this close to the grandstand!"

More rounds fire as Lutz pulls the Panzer behind a pumphouse and Leutenant Heinz hangs up the radio and starts engaging the advancing Zuges of infanterie, wary for any PAKs.
              Last edited by TacCovert4; 28 Sep 10, 07:11.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Hauptmann Müller grabs his radio and calls the Major. "Major! We need fire support on the 3 Kompanie to the North West, they are attacking the town! Ask Heinz for the coordinates if you need them."

He then calls Schmidt and urges him to get to the town as fast as he can. Hans grabs his flask and takes a big gulp. Then yells at his driver, Ludwig. "Ludwig we're moving out to Genshagen, lets roll!" Ludwig nods and starts the engine. Hans then crimes out of the turret and yells at the commander of the other Kompanie Command tank. "Albert! We're moving out to the town! Follow my tank!"

"Javohl!" Albert replies as he salutes.

Comment

• Hans works through the flurry of orders that have been flying around and sends out his own.

"Oberlutenant Vosburugh, pull back into reserve, you have taken enough casualties today, Leutnant Fritz, circle around the hill and destroy the reinforcing Infantrie Kompanie, Nudel, get into Genhausen!"

he then addresses the Major "Major, I believe our tanks would have more success if they were allowed to fire while moving, and not stopping until they are point at point blank range."
                  Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Point me to some one already .
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                      Point me to some one already .
                      He already did.

Comment

• 0.3 1131 - 1204, 18 October 1935 (Zossen-Genshagen area)

1132 - Led by Leutnant Fritz, the 3/2 Zuge breaks off their frontal assault and swings around the flank of the enemy's defensive position in a hail of SmK fire. Panzers are buttoned up tight, but the steady rattle of fire against their flanks is still clearly audible. The 1/2 Zuge turns about-face and proceeds at speed toward Von Ravenstein's position, simulated SmK fire rattling off Vosburgh's rear armour.

1134 - As the Panzers pull away, the 3. and 2. Infanterie Zuge have their fields of fire cleared - as does Oblt. Sturm's 2. Zuge/Krzn. Aufklaerungskompanie, who in the intervening time fortunately managed to form or find some impromptu cover. With the support of Oblt. Exorcist's immobile Zuge, they lay down heavy suppressing fire, focusing on the enemy MG and PaK positions (well fixed by now owing to tracer fire).

1135 - The 3 Kompanies facing Genshagen press forward in a hail of fire.

1137 - 3. and 2. Infanterie Zuge leave their positions, moving in the wake of Lt. Fritz's Panzers and taking heavy casualties from the enemy positions (well strictly speaking the white-hats following them). Nevertheless they show true German dedication to orders and push on... for now.

1142 - B Infanterie-Kompanie can be seen pressing against the east flank of the enemy positions at K13. A Infantierie-Kompanie takes the enemy positions at C19-20 under suppressing fire while Panzers from 1. Abteilung advance through moderate PaK fire, leaving a trail of shut-down vehicles behind them.

1143 - Kampfgruppe Heinz's defense at Genshagen cracks, Oblt. Saxwell's Zuge falling back from the enemy onslaught. Lt. Heinz's Panzers attempt to rally as many men as they can, drawing them back into the northern sector of Genshagen (out of LOS from the PaKs) as the enemy enters the town (and 'captures' the dignitaries observing).

1145 - 3. Kompanie's mortar fire starts falling on 3. Kompanie's previous positions in Genshagen, now occupied by the enemy. Enemy Infanterie Kompanie broken by understrength R/1 Kompanie in J11, routs northwards.

1146 - 3/2 Zuge rounds the end of the enemy positions at L9, losing one Panzer to a grenade but using sustained MG-fire to clear a sizable length of the trench. Heavy enemy losses, rendering the entire Abteilung suppressed.

1147 - 1/1 Zuge under Oblt. Schmidt enters Genshagen from the south, taking the disordered enemy in a crossfire between mortars and the reinforced Kampfgruppe Heinz.

1152 - Obslt. Ackerman's bloodied lead Kompanie penetrates the enemy positions at B20, fans out to take enemy fortifications from the rear. 2. Panzer-Kompanie (completely undamaged) moves through 1. Pz.-Kompanie's positions and drives west, catching the other enemy Kompanie in converging fields of fire.

1154 - 3. Pz.-Kompanie moves onto the ridge. 2/2 Zuge under Oblt. Nudel swings around 3/2 Zuge's position, moving into the enemy rear and taking under fire those enemy who panic and flee their positions.

1157 - Enemy Infanterie-Kompanies in Genshagen fall back in disorder, pursued by Oblt. Schmidt's Panzers who swiftly turn retreat into a rout.

1159 - Routing enemy Infanterie are directed to surrender in I4, L10-11, C17, B21.

1203 - Last enemy PaK is knocked out at F3 by Lt. Heinz's battered Zuge - specifically by the Lt. in his surviving Panzer.

1204 - Exercise declared over, all units directed to reassemble at 1600 for self-assessment and after action reports.
                        Last edited by Khryses; 29 Sep 10, 20:57.
                        Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Oberleutnant Julius Schmidt: "1/1 Zuge was lucky to be there in Genshagen when the going got tough. We thought we were just reinforcing a flanking manuever. We were just in time to prevent a total rout of our forces. No delay was taken as we chose to press the attack and rally all of the forces we could to our side. Fortune favors the bold!"
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

• Kraftfahrlehrkommando Zossen - OOB, 1204 18 October 1935

1. Panzer Regt. - Oberst K. Heinzel (NPC)
                            1. leichte Pionier-Kompanie - Hauptmann Kurt Mann (Capt AFB)

1. Panzer Abteilung - Oberstleutnant M. Altermann (NPC)

2. Panzer Abteilung - Major Johann von Ravenstein (HistoryGirl)
                            1. Kompanie - Hauptmann Hans Müller (Destroyer25)
                            2 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                            1. Zuge - Oberleutnant Julius Schmidt (Torien)
                            3 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                            2. Zuge - Oberleutnant Exorcist (Exorcist)
                            4 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                            3. Zuge - Oberleutnant Erwin Heinz (TacCovert4)
                            1 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B

2. Kompanie - Oberleutnant Hans Ludwig (Dashy)
                            2 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                            1. Zuge - Oberleutnant Fredrick Vosburgh (SoccerDJ)
                            2 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                            2. Zuge - Oberleutnant Kerbe Von Nudel (Nick the Noodle)
                            5 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A
                            3. Zuge - Leutnant Robert Fritz (Cheetah)
                            3 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B

ATTACHED
                            2. Zuge/Krzn. Aufklaerungskompanie - Oberleutnant Reinhardt Sturm (RichardS)
                            6 x Zundapp KKS500, 3 x BMW R12, 18 x men, 1 x MG34

C/3. Infanterie Kompanie - Hauptmann Helmut Gaussen (Arthwys)
                            14 men, 1 x 8 cm GrW 34, 1 x MG34
                            1. Zuge - Oberleutnant Alberich Saxwell
                            24 men, 1 x MG13
                            2. Zuge
                            18 men
                            3. Zuge
                            26 men, 1 x MG13

3. Infanterie Abteilung - Major Ulrich von Steinmetz (NPC)

Friendly 'casualties' in 2. Abteilung and attached formations: 9 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A, 6 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B, 2 x Zundapp KKS500, 1 x BMW R12, 2 x MG34, 60 men (excluding crews).
                            Enemy 'casualties': 1863 men, 6 x PaK 36, 15 x MG13, 9 x GrW 34.
                            Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Hauptmann Hans Müller sighs in relief. He grabs his flask and gulps down all the contents. He thinks to himself, "A job well done, but I think we made 1 critical error, not reinforcing our left flank sufficiently when we were unaware of the strength of the enemy forces to the North."

Comment

• Originally posted by Khryses View Post

Friendly 'casualties' in 2. Abteilung and attached formations: 9 x PzKpfw I Ausf. A, 6 x PzKpfw I Ausf. B, 2 x Zundapp KKS500, 1 x BMW R12, 2 x MG34, 60 men (excluding crews).
                                Enemy 'casualties': 1863 men, 6 x PaK 36, 15 x MG13, 9 x GrW 34.
                                Impressive results.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X