No announcement yet.

ACG: Brothers in Arms - OOC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Khrys some time, he's got to rewrite the TO&E for Poland, which is a lot more complicated than the old one (with only PZIs, bikes, and inf), and he's got to make sure that I've got 3 PZIIs and 2 PZIIIs in my Zuge

Then he's got to write up a map for the whole bloody thing, so don't be surprised if it takes him a few days.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Heh, it's just a combo of the last and work being a little more frenetic than expected (I shouldn't be working today, in which case it would all be up by now).

As is I still confidently expect to have the whole schmeer up in the next 20 hours or so.

Sorry about the delay people.
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Guys; the tumble weed was just a joke. I'm the only one without a real life so I get bored easy. Didn't mean to get everybody snarly.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardS View Post
          Guys; the tumble weed was just a joke. I'm the only one without a real life so I get bored easy. Didn't mean to get everybody snarly.
          All this time, I thought I was the only one who didn't have much of a life, I mean, I was fantasizing every night on defeating Sertorius and how Lt. Robert Fritz was going to surprise everybody by his brilliant tactical skills! And now, I'm getting ready to rule the mighty kingdom of Hannover and eager to send poor hapless serfs into the hordes of armored knights!

Dan
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Khryses: NO WORRIES!!! Dude, at least you're doing updates and it will happen still unlike OTHER GMs we know... yes, you all know who I'm talking about!
            BTW, yes please, give Tac as many Panzers as you can, I don't want complaints anymore

And I'm hoping I won't be absent as I was this past couple of weeks anymore... I got a B in the test and so now I know how to study for the next ones **SIGH**
            De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

• We won't be doing the Norway campaign right? As only 1 Kompanie from
              Panzer-Regiment 5. took part.

http://www.nuav.net/panzer.html
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                We won't be doing the Norway campaign right? As only 1 Kompanie from

Don't be so sure. Units can be attached and detached at will in the German Army. Esp. the support units.
                Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                  We won't be doing the Norway campaign right? As only 1 Kompanie from

Oh don't worry, I've worked out what we are (and aren't) doing with regard to Norway - I can guarantee it will have an effect on the course of the sim, whether or not 2.Ab. sends a Kompanie up there

Comment

• As an aside, I believe that in terms of simple seniority-in-grade Hauptman Destroyer (Muller, from memory?) is 2.Panzer-Abteilung's 2IC - so whenever Von Ravenstein is being bedevilled by red tape from the Powers That Be, he should supervise the handling of the formation.

Unless and until she appoints someone else, or someone gets promoted to Major naturally

Comment

• Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                      As an aside, I believe that in terms of simple seniority-in-grade Hauptman Destroyer (Muller, from memory?) is 2.Panzer-Abteilung's 2IC - so whenever Von Ravenstein is being bedevilled by red tape from the Powers That Be, he should supervise the handling of the formation.

Unless and until she appoints someone else, or someone gets promoted to Major naturally
                      I can't remember if Panzer Abteilungs have XOs or if the commander of 1 Kompanie serves that role as well. Either way, I'd gladly move step up to the plate if necessary. I'm better at larger scale tactics anyway rather than small scale tactics.

Just curious, will we all progressively move up the ranks? To the point where 1 of us is leading the Division, and everyone else is commanding Regiments and Abteilungs?
                      A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

As an aside, I believe that in terms of simple seniority-in-grade Hauptman Destroyer (Muller, from memory?) is 2.Panzer-Abteilung's 2IC - so whenever Von Ravenstein is being bedevilled by red tape from the Powers That Be, he should supervise the handling of the formation.

Just posted an appointment for you Hauptmann Muller! Thanks for taking on the responsibilities Destroyer! I have quite a load of school work to finish this week and I want to get as done and ahead as possible because my mother's surgery is on the 19th and I want to be able to help out around the house as much as I can at that time! Thanks for understanding guys and I hope I can come back asap!
                        De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

• Oh so I have command of my Kompanie and of the Battalion then?

Comment

• Yes.

And as the war goes on I definitely plan on the command group growing in rank - regiment, division, Korps...

Comment

Yes.

And as the war goes on I definitely plan on the command group growing in rank - regiment, division, Korps...
                              Ok cool.

Attention everyone. Obviously we can't get going quite yet, as we still have yet to fill all the commands. But once we do I'll start thinking about our tactical plan, based on your opinions ofc.

Comment

• We don't strictly need all the roles filled - they're just potential bonuses and RP opportunities

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X