No announcement yet.

ACG: Brothers in Arms - OOC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please correct me if im wrong, but it seems we have troops to defend Schlochau, Defend our southern flank and Feint an attack toward Rhychowy. Unless im reading the quote below grossly wrong, we don't need to worry about anything but Chojnice, hence we should focus our initial assault there with all forces available, attacking with the fist, not the out-splayed hand.

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
    The Oberst rises to leave, pausing at Hptm. Müller's query. "There is no extra Heavy Infanterie-Kompanie in the Division, my friend - but the 2nd Motorized will be taking over Schlochau's defense around 1200-1300 hours, and they are instructed to cover your southern flank and support your advance. I have no doubt that they would be able to feint an advance on Rychowy - or even bring it under their own Artillerie's guns.
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      One final thing we need to keep in mind. We cannot let the Poles advance that brigade into Slochau (sp?). We need to defend the road and advance rapidly around them in strength to threaten their HQ and reserves at Chojnice, in order to precipitate a retreat. The moment they fall back out of Rych, we should call in artillery to punish them in the open, use our blocking forces, but otherwise keep the pressure up on the forces in Chojnice so that they keep calling for their regiments to fall back where we can destroy them in the open.
      Exactly, thus we need to leave the Heavy Infantry Company in Schlochau. They need to keep the enemy focused and defend the town while we maneuver. Thus I'm providing you with the entire 1. Kompanie and the Motor Infantry Kompanie. You will act as 1. Kompanie commander for the time being. I want you to cut the road at (B10), and wait for us to relieve you.

Now I do not want to attack until the enemy reserves have left Chojnice. We have inadequate infantry support to assault the town with the reserves in there. Thus we must wait until they leave to mount a relief effort. So I will be positioning 3. Kompanie in D11. Once you spot the enemy advancing on you, they will rush forwards to 500 meters and open fire on the enemy column.

At the same time I want our Recon squad to advance on Wierzchowo. They will judge the strength of the enemy force there, and then retreat to H10 and maintain a blocking position there. They will fall back if they are threatened at all, but will attempt to delay an enemy advance as best as they come, if one comes that is.

2. Kompanie will advance on Debnica and destroy the enemy garrison there. 1 section of infantry and the Flak guns (20mm FlaK 30 I assume) from the Heavy Inf Kompanie will follow closely and occupy the town after. The FlaK guns will deal with the Polish armor, if it exists that is.

2. Kompanie will now start moving north east, if an enemy column is advancing to our blocking position at H10, they will 1st head there and crush this force. Then they will proceed to B10, and take over from 1.K. Now, 1.K., the Mot Inf Kompanie and 3.K. will advance on Chojnice and take it.

Ideally we'd take Chojnice 1st, but realistically, we don't have enough strength to take it and occupy the enemy brigade. The enemy is fairly spread out, and while one might argue that we can just let our follow up forces deal with them, but if we do that, then they will be delayed, and we might not be able to maintain momentum of the attack.

Your thoughts on this plan?

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
      Please correct me if im wrong, but it seems we have troops to defend Schlochau, Defend our southern flank and Feint an attack toward Rhychowy. Unless im reading the quote below grossly wrong, we don't need to worry about anything but Chojnice, hence we should focus our initial assault there with all forces available, attacking with the fist, not the out-splayed hand.
      Yes but operations begin long before they will arrive to support us. Thus we need to take on anything that is thrown at us.
      Last edited by Destroyer25; 11 Oct 10, 21:49.
      A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Mein Haptmann, what do you envisage 2. Kompanies role to be?

or is 2. Kompanie a Zuge?

Comment

• I'm making the assumption you mean Wierzchowo-Dworzee (J-12) and not Wierzchowo (L-11) itself?
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

• I think that it's sound to post up a blocking force, and all of 1Kompanie isn't that much bigger than 2nd Zuge, so our power isn't diluted that much. I wouldn't put much stock in trying to tackle every pocket of resistance though. Get some PzIIs and IIIs to cover to the South and protect against an advance by enemy armor. Get the rest of the Abetilung moving and get East of Chojnice, cutting the road and setting up a cauldron battle with the HQ unit. The key is block that one large formation from returning to the city, then put his HQ in an untenable position. This should cause him to shift his troops to his aid, which will put them in the open where our artillery, airpower, tanks, and infantry can kill them.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
              Mein Haptmann, what do you envisage 2. Kompanies role to be?

or is 2. Kompanie a Zuge?
              Sorry, I corrected my post. I wrote Zuge instead of Kompanie.

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
              I'm making the assumption you mean Wierzchowo-Dworzee (J-12) and not Wierzchowo (L-11) itself?
              Yes I do.
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Tac's reasoning is sound, I'm inclined to agree, if we can cut their formations in half there's not much they can do about it.

Comment

I think that it's sound to post up a blocking force, and all of 1Kompanie isn't that much bigger than 2nd Zuge, so our power isn't diluted that much. I wouldn't put much stock in trying to tackle every pocket of resistance though. Get some PzIIs and IIIs to cover to the South and protect against an advance by enemy armor. Get the rest of the Abetilung moving and get East of Chojnice, cutting the road and setting up a cauldron battle with the HQ unit. The key is block that one large formation from returning to the city, then put his HQ in an untenable position. This should cause him to shift his troops to his aid, which will put them in the open where our artillery, airpower, tanks, and infantry can kill them.
                  1. We haven't got Panzer IIIs.

2. We don't have enough strength to divide HQ+Reserve from the main body, and cut off their retreat. Your plan is based around resources we don't have.

Comment

• You're right, we don't have any IIIs. Well, more the reason to avoid stretching ourselves out. We've got plenty of troops to isolate that far-northern force and deal with them. the Motorcycles and scout cars, with a few PzIIs on call, can protect us from infantry advancing in the open. My thing is, if we cut off those 2 largest formations, they'll move, and we can destroy them piecemeal. Trying to deal with all those pockets will just lose us troops for little gain. They key to blitzkrieg is to break through and not stop until we are behind their defense. Not in the middle of it.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                      1. We haven't got Panzer IIIs.

2. We don't have enough strength to divide HQ+Reserve from the main body, and cut off their retreat. Your plan is based around resources we don't have.
                      yet your plan calls for us to split our troops to take on every little troop concentration on the way?

drive for the rear! don't stop till Warsaw!

Comment

You're right, we don't have any IIIs. Well, more the reason to avoid stretching ourselves out. We've got plenty of troops to isolate that far-northern force and deal with them. the Motorcycles and scout cars, with a few PzIIs on call, can protect us from infantry advancing in the open. My thing is, if we cut off those 2 largest formations, they'll move, and we can destroy them piecemeal. Trying to deal with all those pockets will just lose us troops for little gain. They key to blitzkrieg is to break through and not stop until we are behind their defense. Not in the middle of it.
                        We haven't got the motorcycles either. The problem is. If we divide the forces that's all very good, but we can't take them both on simultaneously, we need some units to screen our southern flank. Our Heavy Inf Kompanie has to remain in the town for the most part until relieved around Noon. That leaves 1 Infantry Kompanie and 3 Panzer Kompanies, plus half a dozen armored cars. That isn't much to work with.

My plan calls for concentration of force in the northern sector, we aren't chasing small units around. We are destroying 1 isolated enemy unit that would prove to be dangerous if it wasn't taken care of immediately. So 3. Kompanie will cross 1st, followed by the Infantry squad with the FlaK guns to occupy Debnica. After that the Armored Cars will move South East to determine enemy strength, and then set up a blocking position. They will be followed by 2. Kompanie, who will be in reserve to flank enemy reinforcements leaving Chojwice, and finally the Mot Inf Kompanie and 1. Kompanie.

I'm also against cutting off the Poles retreat as it makes us more vulnerable to being trapped by advancing reinforcements. We have superior mobility, and can gun down retreating infantry incredibly easy. Thus we don't need to cut anyone off.

Comment

• I agree with most of your points, but should you be able to cut off enemy troops, do it, if allowed to retreat, even in savagely mauled, they can regroup and cause us grief later.

Comment

• Okay, things seem to be coming together well. Let's say 24 hours from now for final orders, and I'll start processing initial updates this time tomorrow
                            Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                              I agree with most of your points, but should you be able to cut off enemy troops, do it, if allowed to retreat, even in savagely mauled, they can regroup and cause us grief later.
                              Alright, I'll send 3. Zuge 3. Kompanie to Pawlowko (C20) to cut off the enemy's retreat. If they get destroyed you'll be held accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                                Alright, I'll send 3. Zuge 3. Kompanie to Pawlowko (C20) to cut off the enemy's retreat. If they get destroyed you'll be held accountable.
                                Because of RHIP/RHIR; You'll be held accountable.
                                Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X