No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No need to check out their plans...we're one step ahead of them!
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
      No need to check out their plans...we're one step ahead of them!

Yup, you were one step ahead of us all the way to the channel.
      That was a truly amazing race to the sea.
      I am very impressed with how quickly you got out of France.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• I am very impressed with how quickly you got out of France.

You ain't the only one!
        But hey, they had to get to Egypt in a hurry to prevent the Aussies from being over-run buy our Italian friends.

To my comrades in the Central front- Last one to Damascus is a rotten egg! (and owes the winner a case of Jaeger-Miester)

Comment

• Hey guys

I just wanted to say I've enjoyed lurking. Looks like an interesting game.

Gerry - isn't allowing 10 german divisons to run around in Africa a whole lot silly? Or is that just a game mechanic to make things interesting albeit totally ahistoric?

Comment

• If you knew the number of divisions the Brits get to play around with, you wouldn't think it silly at all. 10 Divisions filled with Valiant, well-equipped (not to mention good looking (in an Ahnold sort of way)) Sons of the Reich versus a Holy army of those venal beasts called the Commonwealth troops.

Sounds like a fair fight to me..........
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
              Gerry - isn't allowing 10 german divisons to run around in Africa a whole lot silly? Or is that just a game mechanic to make things interesting albeit totally ahistoric?
              The Germans are allowed 10 divs, the Italians 20,... the CW? As many as they can spare. The cap does seem a bit high but it is limited due to the available ports and logistics ability. The British do have the means to compensate so it all relative.

If the Germans were limited to 5 divs and the British 15 the effect would be the same.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• That's for sure, we are under a lot of pressure there, which makes me think that we dont have THEM under enough pressure elsewhere.
                Time to take a look at other options. We have the larger Army, we need to remind them of that.

Comment

• OKW has another 24 hours to complete their planning session. Then we need to push on with the game. I'll tune in tomorrow afternoon and see what you have decided.
                  The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Aw hell, Tsar won't be happy.

Tac and I are working on it, see you in 24 hours I guess.

Comment

• Have we won yet? We know we are going to win, I was just wondering how soon? Anyway some music while we wait for the inevitable .

Long Live Uncle Joe - Most Equal Citizen

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Keeping busy with Propaganda, eh?

I bet you guys are wishing you had taken me up on the Turkish option back when that was still available to you.
                        Too late now, but hey, we'll pour some Vodka into the Sea of Marmara for you, how's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                          Keeping busy with Propaganda, eh?

I bet you guys are wishing you had taken me up on the Turkish option back when that was still available to you.
                          Too late now, but hey, we'll pour some Vodka into the Sea of Marmara for you, how's that?
                          Propaganda? And German Vodka .

Anyway back to the easy listening music .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• You call that easy listening? Easy?

Com paired to what, solving your hemorrhoid problem with a mirror and a Dremel tool?

Comment

• Seems like this is pretty much settled. We will accept your unconditional surrender now.
                              Wisdom is personal

Comment

• You want to know what you can accept from us?

Hey, if you guys had sided with us, you'd be in in good shape by now, eh?
                                Good luck getting a deal like that from the Brits, even with Churchill screaming for your help right about now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X