X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Sounds good to me!
    Yeah, skip ahead to where the weather lets us mix things up a little.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Hope to have the Russian update posted tonight but it may have to wait on tomorrow evening.

3/44 is normnally the last month of winter followed by upwards of 5-7 weeks (usually) of mud. Quetion for the teams:

Since the mud weeks are generally rest, refit and redeploy periods do you want me to just post a quick update but pass on the pause for orders and proceed through to the spring?

Then things get really interesting.
    Sounds good Gerry. Hopefully it makes less work for you as well.

Leave a comment:

• Twitter3
    replied
    Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Hope to have the Russian update posted tonight but it may have to wait on tomorrow evening.

3/44 is normnally the last month of winter followed by upwards of 5-7 weeks (usually) of mud. Quetion for the teams:

Since the mud weeks are generally rest, refit and redeploy periods do you want me to just post a quick update but pass on the pause for orders and proceed through to the spring?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Leave a comment:

• The Purist
    replied
    As far as game play goes, none of the teams can be said to have controlled the game. Instead they were, as noted, the high commands. Exo is right, the game scale would never have allowed for individual control of the divisions and corps, there are just too many. The best I could do was take the strategy, advise on the assets and deploy them the best way possible (taking into account the game mechanics). Tsar has the best idea of how those mechanics can mess up impressions and plans (it is a game after all).

This game really hinged on the Turkish and Greek invasions. I'll give a brief summary on the two or three crucial events that swung the game in the direction it ended up going once the shooting stops.
    Last edited by The Purist; 12 Jan 11, 15:38.

Leave a comment:

• The Purist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by tsar View Post
    This game doesn’t count as far as I am concerned because I was not running every detail of it. Just giving general instructions doesn’t make it my game.
    So I am still undefeated.
    Well done on that , but why mention it in the first place if it does not count . I'm pretty sure if you were winning you would have said something different .

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    The "Allies", who were so good at following up strategic withdrawals, don't seem to be doing so well once a solid defense is established.
    Yes, well maybe you should have considered the solid defense option when we landed in France and marched through Italy and Balkans, instead of just running away everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    True.
    As I was told a year ago, we are not playing them game, we are advising The Purist on how to play his game.

I mean, really, if we were giving full input for every week-long turn, it would still be 1940!
    No thanks, I'm ready for Gotterdamerung, so pick up the pace already!
    The "Allies", who were so good at following up strategic withdrawals, don't seem to be doing so well once a solid defense is established.

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Be gentle Twitter3 . Remember how he was stated he had never lost this game. It'll be his first time . That has got to be upsetting for anyone .

I'll buy him a cup of tea if we ever meet .
    90+% of the games I have played of this were on the board game. They do not keep track of things like fatigue. Makes for a much different game. There is also an option in the board game that is not available in the computer version to allow the German army to maintain it’s quality at the expense of quantity.

This game doesn’t count as far as I am concerned because I was not running every detail of it. Just giving general instructions doesn’t make it my game.
    So I am still undefeated.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by twitter3 View Post
    i'll buy you a beer if we ever meet!
    :d

Leave a comment:

• Twitter3
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Be gentle Twitter3 . Remember how he was stated he had never lost this game. It'll be his first time . That has got to be upsetting for anyone .

I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet!

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Really? 3 armies and you couldn’t break our thin little line in Austria?
    Maybe you need instruction from the Yanks. They seem to be able to move forward most of the time.
    Or perhaps you should ask the back stabbers in the East how they do it.
    Even the French have made progress against our lines.
    You must have Monty in command down there. You know the guy who needs 20 tons of explosives to move 1 foot forward.
    Pfft the Brits what a waste.
    Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
    Easy now Herr, while it says 3 armies you don't know the make up of them and if you must know, yes we did stop for a spot of tea seeing that since we are well on our way to destroying your 1000 err 6 year fantasy land.

Cheers mate.

Leave a comment:

• Twitter3
    replied
    Really? 3 armies and you couldn’t break our thin little line in Austria?
    Maybe you need instruction from the Yanks. They seem to be able to move forward most of the time.
    Or perhaps you should ask the back stabbers in the East how they do it.
    Even the French have made progress against our lines.
    You must have Monty in command down there. You know the guy who needs 20 tons of explosives to move 1 foot forward.
    Pfft the Brits what a waste.
    Easy now Herr, while it says 3 armies you don't know the make up of them and if you must know, yes we did stop for a spot of tea seeing that since we are well on our way to destroying your 1000 err 6 year fantasy land.

Cheers mate.

Leave a comment:

• The Purist
    replied
    Allied update and maps will be up later this evening

Leave a comment:

• The Purist
    replied
    Maps will up tonight (Jan 7)

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse