No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditto, but we seem to be in a one turn per month deal.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Actually, I'll have the German maps done up in the next day or so. We just covered the entire mud period (about six weeks) and the ground is just about ready for the summer of '44. The Allies will follow on the weekend but I have a snow shoe race on Saturday so that will delay things. Red Army update will follow that.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• A WHAT race?!?

Well, good luck.
        (And by that, I mean don't break a leg!)
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Snow shoe race,... in the mountains,... covered in snow,... running about 5km (3 miles,.. about).

Course goes upslope at about 60 degrees for about 100 feet then follows a ridgeline above a ski slope, follows a ski out for a couple of km. Then up the opposite side of the valley, along another ridgeline then back down and to the finish. Plenty of powder to make you work, some good packed trail for speed,.... much fun.

If I remember to bring a camera I'll post some pics of the event.

I doubt I'll be any where near the front but its an excellent cardio outting and the temps should be about -10C or so (the teens in the F scale). Still enough to work up a good sweat.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
            Feel free to chat about anything in here. Just remember,...

... loose lips sinks ships.
            From the title I would have thought Dashy would have been the author of this thread.

"Loose lips sinks ships" ha ha that's ironic because I'm in an alternate WWI naval wargame!
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• I wear snow shoes when I bird hunt in the winter and know it can be workout without even getting up past a decent walk. Good luck! If they decide to have a Chinese downhill watch out!
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Ok. It took three tries over the past few days to get the German update ready but its there now. If OKW could give me any final thoughts before the campaign season begins by tomorrow evening we will push on.

The updates are not full versions, rather they are more geared to get 1944s campaign season under way. Full updates will be posted at month ends as per usual.
                Last edited by The Purist; 27 Feb 11, 20:35.
                The Purist

Comment

• Well, we know you finished the race because you are still alive, but how did you do?
                  "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

• Damnit.
                    I bipped Allied commands instead of this thread, my bad.
                    Not that it really matters now.

Forgot what I was gonna say, but I'm curous to hear what the Allies are saying about my latest move.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                      Damnit.
                      I bipped Allied commands instead of this thread, my bad.
                      Not that it really matters now.

Forgot what I was gonna say, but I'm curous to hear what the Allies are saying about my latest move.
                      Latest move? You must get real time updates!

Comment

• Oh, c'mon!
                        Looks like I need to come up with another RP scene.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Oh, c'mon!
                          BoRG
                          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Oh, c'mon!
                            RP it up!

Comment

• May 1944 is in full swing with all three major fronts aflame. In the east the Red Army has launched a major thrust towards Breslau, badly battering the German defences. In Hungary German armour is battering at the gates of Budapest as their major counterattack presses the Red Army. In Austria British armour looks like it is about to break out of the Alpine highlands into Bavaria and northern Austria. Finally, in the west, US land along with British and US airborne forces supported by amphibious landings have torn a hole in the German defences and look like they are about to liberate Holland. German defences in the Ardennes and Saar are also hard pressed.

Updates should be posted by thsi weekend once the final moves and cycle admin is completed.
                              The Purist

Comment

• German update is posted. It covers about seven weeks and incorporates the previous partial update last week. Its larger than normal but then a lot is going on.

The fronts are aflame, lads.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X