• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    Surrendering now would wreck my plans
    Well, don't surrender then!
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• I think The Purist should weigh in. Is it really even much of an enjoyable game for him to play anymore or is just going through the motions to an inevitable conclusion.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
        I think The Purist should weigh in. Is it really even much of an enjoyable game for him to play anymore or is just going through the motions to an inevitable conclusion.
        Good call. He'll pop in here and give us some feedback. If the Germans don't want to surrender and make us earn it I have no problem continuing on.
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• The mud has arrived and brought operation to an end. I'll post a breif report in each HQ over the coming days as I push through the turns towards the clear weather.

T'wer it me, as a German player (as I usually do), I would fight to the last round. The collapse, when it comes, is usually dramatic and the German player can just smile and shrug his shoulders. It becomes a race betwixt the East and West for territory.

This particular end-game is going to be very interesting due to the presence of both alliances in the south.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Ok stupid question is there just either the axis wins or the allies win. Or is the Allies win split between the West and the East just wondering. which if so would really make the game interesting at the end lol

no that my city no mine give it back lol

Comment

• He who has the mostest VPs as of IV/6/45 is considered the winner (or at Germany's surrender,.. sorry, no Red Star/White Star)

Berlin - 20 VP
              Warsaw - 5 VP
              Paris - 5 VP
              Rome - 5 VP
              Ploesti - 5 VP
              Other Europena capital (Brussels, Bucherest, Beograd, Riga, etc.) 1 VP
              German manufacturing centre (18 of them) 1 VP

Current tally -

Russia - 13 VP (Warsaw, Ploesti, Riga, Vilna, Talinin
              Allies - 14 VP (Paris, Rome, Athens, Beograd, Bucherest, Sofia)
              Germany - 41 VP (Berlin, 18 Mfg centres, Vienna, Brussels, The Hague)

Sooo,... officially Germany is headed for a crushing victory.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                Sooo,... officially Germany is headed for a crushing victory.
                I surrrender, we win!!!

Who's turn is it? I lost track here...
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Waiting for updates
                  Wisdom is personal

Comment

• They're coming

Got a bit distracted with this Prussian militarism business, work and other RL issues.

Last edited by The Purist; 02 Feb 11, 11:08.
                    The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                      They're coming

Got a bit distracted with this Prussian militarism business, work and other RL issues.

I was replying to Exorcist, no worries on your end.
                      Last edited by The Purist; 02 Feb 11, 11:08.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

• All three updates are posted. As noted previously the mud will pretty much call a halt to operations so I'll push on with the remainder of 4/44 and into 5/44 until the ground dries and then post another update.

I'll check the various bunkers for any fresh instructions.

Happy Super Bowl XLV to those who care.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Not much for Football, but it was a pretty good game.

all 3 at once? That's unusual, I hope that means something good for us.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Just a quick update during the thaw:

- East Front - Local German counterattacks dent Russian salient near Breslau.

- South Front - British squeeze a small advance iin the Austrian foothills while the Red Army takes Budapest from battered defenders.

- West Front US armour and infantry launch attack in Flanders supported by large parchute force and flanking amphibious troops. German 15th Army ravaged.

Sound like a lot but actually the amount of ground changing hands is quite small.

Will post full update when the ground dries.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Come on summer winds!
                              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Looking forward to the next update .
                                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Working...
                                X