No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as game play goes, none of the teams can be said to have controlled the game. Instead they were, as noted, the high commands. Exo is right, the game scale would never have allowed for individual control of the divisions and corps, there are just too many. The best I could do was take the strategy, advise on the assets and deploy them the best way possible (taking into account the game mechanics). Tsar has the best idea of how those mechanics can mess up impressions and plans (it is a game after all).

This game really hinged on the Turkish and Greek invasions. I'll give a brief summary on the two or three crucial events that swung the game in the direction it ended up going once the shooting stops.
    Last edited by The Purist; 12 Jan 11, 15:38.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
      Hope to have the Russian update posted tonight but it may have to wait on tomorrow evening.

3/44 is normnally the last month of winter followed by upwards of 5-7 weeks (usually) of mud. Quetion for the teams:

Since the mud weeks are generally rest, refit and redeploy periods do you want me to just post a quick update but pass on the pause for orders and proceed through to the spring?

Then things get really interesting.
      Sounds like a good idea to me.
      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
        Hope to have the Russian update posted tonight but it may have to wait on tomorrow evening.

3/44 is normnally the last month of winter followed by upwards of 5-7 weeks (usually) of mud. Quetion for the teams:

Since the mud weeks are generally rest, refit and redeploy periods do you want me to just post a quick update but pass on the pause for orders and proceed through to the spring?

Then things get really interesting.
        Sounds good Gerry. Hopefully it makes less work for you as well.
        BoRG
        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Sounds good to me!
          Yeah, skip ahead to where the weather lets us mix things up a little.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
            Sounds good to me!
            Yeah, skip ahead to where the weather lets us mix things up a little.
            You'll be cutting into our tea time!
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
              Well done on that , but why mention it in the first place if it does not count . I'm pretty sure if you were winning you would have said something different .
              Not really, even at the beginning I didnít consider it a game that counted. Just a game to be played.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Pardon the delay folks,... my attention was needed welcoming a certain blue-eyed brunette home from a three weeks away on a tour of the sub-continent.

Red Army update is up in the STAVKA HQ.
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Is it time to consider calling this game or do people want to continue to the bitter end?
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Let's take a look at the situation and maps and we can all decide then. Is the current situation reverseable?

Comment

• I very much doubt that. It's just matter who will be in Berlin first.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post
                        I very much doubt that. It's just matter who will be in Berlin first.
                        Correct. So unless the U.S. UK and USSR want to fight it out for bragging rights over who got there first the game is really decided.

If on the other hand they do want to have those rights, the Germans can influence who gets those rights. But what fun would it be then.

Comment

• Hey, like Rhett Butler, I'm a sucker for a lost cause when its really lost.
                          I ain't leaving until I get my ribbon
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                            Hey, like Rhett Butler, I'm a sucker for a lost cause when its really lost.
                            I ain't leaving until I get my ribbon
                            If by 'ribbon' you mean your POW papers and Allied issued ID card, then by all means let us decorate you

Comment

• Says the guy who already has two, one for Westerns and another for "blunders".

I could hold Berlin for another 6 months or so, but yeah, the outcome in not in doubt unless somebody lets my guys deploy nerve gas.
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Surrendering now would wreck my plans
                                BoRG
                                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X