The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Uh? Budapest has not fallen. The Red Army has crossed the Danube *near* Budapest.

Month is coming to a close soon. German pz units stop allied drive into Belgium and retake Luxembourg City but US units have crossed the Seine below Paris. British attacks into southern Austria are making headway but slowly. The Red Army has pushed across the Vistula below Warsaw and have cleared the entire river line.

Losses mount on all sides.
    Given the W Allies are happy to fight in Hungary, I was surprised our scout units in the area were so formidable . Didn't think we had taken such a city.
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Wrapped up the month last and hope to be able to poast the German update by tomorrow evening at the latest. Will post the standard brief update along with losses this evening.

Edit:

Most of the fighting in the east centred on the lower Vistula where German pz and Red Army tank and mech forces battled it out along the seam between AG Vistula and AG Centre. Little was resolved except that the Germans abandoned Warsaw. In the west the US and French reached the Belgian border and briefly liberated Luxembourg City before being pushed back. AT the same time US and British parachute forces landed at Le Havre and Dieppe and assited the US forces across the Seine. In Austria three British armies opened an offensive that has battered the defenders but failed to break the line.

Losses -

German: 1 x 6-5 destroyed, 15 x 6-5 reduced, 2 x 11-8 reduced, 4 AP lost, 3 U-Boat lost
      Russia: 2 x 1-4 destroyed, 2 x 1-4 Mtn destroyed, 6 x 4-4 reduced, 4 x 5-5 reduced, 1 x 8-6 reduced, 1 x 9-6 reduced,
      Allied: 1 xCW 3-8 destroyed, 2 x CW 8-10 reduced, 1 x Fr 8-10 reduced, 5 Str Bmbr lost
      Last edited by The Purist; 05 Jan 11, 14:35.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Are you wanting Axis Orders, or should we wait for a map?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
          In Austria three British armies opened an offensive that has battered the defenders but failed to break the line.
          Really? 3 armies and you couldn’t break our thin little line in Austria?
          Maybe you need instruction from the Yanks. They seem to be able to move forward most of the time.
          Or perhaps you should ask the back stabbers in the East how they do it.
          Even the French have made progress against our lines.
          You must have Monty in command down there. You know the guy who needs 20 tons of explosives to move 1 foot forward.
          Pfft the Brits what a waste.
          Last edited by Tsar; 07 Jan 11, 20:42.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Maps will up tonight (Jan 7)
            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Allied update and maps will be up later this evening
              The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
                Maybe you need instruction from the Yanks. They seem to be able to move forward most of the time.
                You must have Monty in command down there. You know the guy who needs 20 tons of explosives to move 1 foot forward.
                Easy now Herr, while it says 3 armies you don't know the make up of them and if you must know, yes we did stop for a spot of tea seeing that since we are well on our way to destroying your 1000 err 6 year fantasy land.

Cheers mate.
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                  Easy now Herr, while it says 3 armies you don't know the make up of them and if you must know, yes we did stop for a spot of tea seeing that since we are well on our way to destroying your 1000 err 6 year fantasy land.

Cheers mate.
                  Be gentle Twitter3 . Remember how he was stated he had never lost this game. It'll be his first time . That has got to be upsetting for anyone .

I'll buy him a cup of tea if we ever meet .
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                    Be gentle Twitter3 . Remember how he was stated he had never lost this game. It'll be his first time . That has got to be upsetting for anyone .

I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet!
                    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by twitter3 View Post
                      i'll buy you a beer if we ever meet!
                      :d

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

90+% of the games I have played of this were on the board game. They do not keep track of things like fatigue. Makes for a much different game. There is also an option in the board game that is not available in the computer version to allow the German army to maintain it’s quality at the expense of quantity.

This game doesn’t count as far as I am concerned because I was not running every detail of it. Just giving general instructions doesn’t make it my game.
                        So I am still undefeated.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• True.
                          As I was told a year ago, we are not playing them game, we are advising The Purist on how to play his game.

I mean, really, if we were giving full input for every week-long turn, it would still be 1940!
                          No thanks, I'm ready for Gotterdamerung, so pick up the pace already!
                          The "Allies", who were so good at following up strategic withdrawals, don't seem to be doing so well once a solid defense is established.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                            The "Allies", who were so good at following up strategic withdrawals, don't seem to be doing so well once a solid defense is established.
                            Yes, well maybe you should have considered the solid defense option when we landed in France and marched through Italy and Balkans, instead of just running away everywhere.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

This game doesn’t count as far as I am concerned because I was not running every detail of it. Just giving general instructions doesn’t make it my game.
                              So I am still undefeated.
                              Well done on that , but why mention it in the first place if it does not count . I'm pretty sure if you were winning you would have said something different .

Comment

• Hope to have the Russian update posted tonight but it may have to wait on tomorrow evening.

3/44 is normnally the last month of winter followed by upwards of 5-7 weeks (usually) of mud. Quetion for the teams:

Since the mud weeks are generally rest, refit and redeploy periods do you want me to just post a quick update but pass on the pause for orders and proceed through to the spring?

Then things get really interesting.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X