X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    Yay team
    Well , we made it to 1944.

Not that the army seems to need any input from us.

It would be boring without you.
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
      20 x 6-5 reduced
      ouch!!
      My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

• Ok,... gonna try another attempt to post the German update this evening.

Cross your fingers.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Land View Post
          ouch!!
          Well,... total losses were 181 strength points (German) to 176 (Russian/Allied),... so the Germans gave as good as they got.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Well,... total losses were 181 strength points (German) to 176 (Russian/Allied),... so the Germans gave as good as they got.
            Look forward to a full update .
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Allied update will be up this evening.
              The Purist

Comment

• Russian Update

Will be posted tomorrow morning/afternoon.
                The Purist

Comment

• Year End 1943 - out with a "pop"

1943 is winding down as all sides in the winter battles struggle with the the weather. The Red Army managed a modest advance into eastern and central hungary, pusing in the southeastern corner of the German front. Losses were taken and given, as usual, but no sign of major efforts succeeding.

A German offensive in France has come within a hair of over running an Allied bomber base complex in central France but the US and French forces appear to have held the line. Losses on both sides were modest and it remains to be seen who will be able to take advantage of the developing tactical situation as US armour and German panzers mix it up in the open country south of the Seine and Marne. The situation remains fluid.

In the Balkans, British forces managed a small advance into the Austrian highlands but Greek, Canadian and Polish forces were unable to follow up an early breach in southern Hungary.

Final moves are under way and the German update should be posted by Friday evening.
                  Last edited by The Purist; 10 Nov 10, 14:43.
                  The Purist

Comment

1943 is winding down as all sides in the winter battles struggle with the the weather. The Red Army managed a modest advance into eastern and central hungary, pusing in the southeastern corner of the German front. Losses were taken and given, as usual, but no sign of majopr effeorts succeeding.

A German offensive in France has come within a hair of over running an Allied bomber base complex in central France but the US and French forces appear to have held the line. Losses on both sides were modest and it remains to be seen who will be able to take advantage of the developing tactical situation as US armour and German panzers mix it up in the open country south of the Seine and Marne. The situation remains fluid.

In the Balkans, British forces managed a small advance into the Austrian highlands but Greek, Canadian and Polish forces were unable to follow up an early breach in southern Hungary.

Final moves are under way and the German update should be posted by Friday evening.
                    Excellent!
                    BoRG

Comment

• Update this evening

Wrapping up 1943 took a little longer than expected plus I had to run a 1/2 marathon yesterday so I'm a bit behind. The German update will up for the most part this evening.
                      The Purist

Comment

• Quick update while I wrap up the month -

East Front - Red Army managed only a slight gain in territory south east of Budapest and similar small gain near Krakow. The front remained stable elsewhere along the front.

Italy/Yugoslavia - British attacks slowed as they neared the Austrian border, no major gains

France - German panzers withdraw from the salient they pushed into US lines as US armour continued its attacks to erase the pocket. A number of armoured units on both sides have been bloodied. Small advance by French troops near Nancy.

Very busy at work so the full update will likely follow later this week.
                        The Purist

Comment

• That's fine, I am getting so busy with the game I'm running that I'm feeling like that one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

anyone here want to try running the RN in the Pacific, WW1?
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• We seem to be missing the Allied team. If I do not hear from them in the next 24 hrs I will push on with there last set of instructions.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Here still, I do nt see a reason to change the previous orders.
                              Wisdom is personal

Comment

• I'd be willing to supply direction for the Allied team if they're too busy. We are allies after all.
                                BoRG

Comment

Working...
                                X