Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    Oh, they knew it was a trap!
    Looks like I need to put some gunpowder in Uncle Joe's pipe again...

Yeah, thanks, but what the hell, taking risks seems like the thing to do right now. Makes it more interesting when you say "screw winning, I'm gonna have some fun!"
    I'll be switching to Cigars!
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Right then. It is unlikely that I will be able to finish of 9/43 before departing for the Ironman Canada Triathlon in British Columbia tomorrow morning. I will attempt to do a brief (very brief) update here when I shut down the computer this evening. Thus far the intensity is less than last month but losses are still occuring,... the Balkans are showing the most activity due to the collapse of the Axis minors at the end of 8/43.

Still much and excitement. I'll be back Sep 1.

The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
        Right then. It is unlikely that I will be able to finish of 9/43 before departing for the Ironman Canada Triathlon in British Columbia tomorrow morning. I will attempt to do a brief (very brief) update here when I shut down the computer this evening. Thus far the intensity is less than last month but losses are still occuring,... the Balkans are showing the most activity due to the collapse of the Axis minors at the end of 8/43.

And good luck
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Right then. It is unlikely that I will be able to finish of 9/43 before departing for the Ironman Canada Triathlon in British Columbia tomorrow morning. I will attempt to do a brief (very brief) update here when I shut down the computer this evening. Thus far the intensity is less than last month but losses are still occuring,... the Balkans are showing the most activity due to the collapse of the Axis minors at the end of 8/43.

Watch out for your lungs Gerry. The smoke is pretty nasty in BC right now with the Wildfire situation as it is. It's carried over into Alberta and Saskatchewan. Hope it goes well.
          BoRG

Comment

• Cheers to all,... with the westerly winds hopefully the smoke will stay out of lower BC.

Breif Update

Not much to update,... the Red Army is advancing in the Ukraine while giving and taking more losses. Allied Armour has reached the Danube south of Bucherest and the 17th German Army looks to be trapped in centrally Bulgaria. A German counterattack northwest of Sofia has destroyed a Turkish divisions and battered a Polish armoured division.

The Allies have crossed the PO in NW Italy but their advance on Venice appears to have halted. While in France the Aliied and German armoured formations continue to push each other back and forth in eastern Brittany while German parachute units destroy a number of of active partisan bands east and south of Paris.
            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Arrrgh... just when I had things going the way I wanted!

Cues up Bobby Vinton;
              "See you in September"
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                Watch out for your lungs Gerry. The smoke is pretty nasty in BC right now with the Wildfire situation as it is. It's carried over into Alberta and Saskatchewan. Hope it goes well.
                So you Canadian are stealing all of Washingtons fires this year. My buddies were just lamenting how slow of a season it been.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                  So you Canadian are stealing all of Washingtons fires this year. My buddies were just lamenting how slow of a season it been.
                  The bulk seem to be in BC this year as my Albertan boys keep getting put on stand-down or sent to BC to help.
                  BoRG

Comment

• I survived.

3.8 km swim, 180km ride, 42.2 km run,...all done before midnight. Except for dollar sized blister on the right foot I came through it intact.

Should be able to spark up the game this evening and get familiar with the last activities. Maybe finish the month by this weekend.
                    The Purist

Comment

I survived.

3.8 km swim, 180km ride, 42.2 km run,...all done before midnight. Except for dollar sized blister on the right foot I came through it intact.

Should be able to spark up the game this evening and get familiar with the last activities. Maybe finish the month by this weekend.
                      and
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I survived.

Well done. I like exercising, but I have to admit there are days when I don't like driving to work let alone thinking about running. Glad you are back and glad to get back to the game.
                        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

I survived.

Good stuff! Hope you enjoyed yourself.
                          BoRG

Comment

• 9/43 - Another bloody month

At the close of 9/43 the three warring alliances have again suffered heavy losses. Most German losses came from the destruction of the 17th Army in Bulgaria but other losses were suffered in the fight for Beograd and along the eastern front. The western Allies launched an amphibious assault to outflank the German defences in Brittany and landed near Bordeaux as well. Despite the various set backs this month the German front has again patched itself together and while ground was lost the Wehrmacht is still very much in the fight and giving almost as much as it is taking.

Losses:

German: 5 x 6-5 infantry reduced, 1 x 1-5-1 Static destroyed, 9 x 6-5 destroyed, 3 x 5-5 Mtn destroyed, 1 x 10-8 destroyed, 7 AP destroyed, 2 U-Boat Pts sunk

Allies: 1 US 8-10 reduced, 2 CW 8-10 reduced, 2 CW 9-8 reduced, 3 x 2-5-1 Turk reduced, 1 x CW 3-8 destroyed, 2 x Yugo 2-5 destroyed, 4 US AP destroyed, 1 CW AP destroyed.

Red Army: 3 x 4-4 Rifle reduced, 5 x 5-5 Gds Rifle, reduced, 1 8-6 Tk Corps reduced, 4 x 2-5 Tk Bde destroyed, 2 x (1)-10 AT bde destroyed.

German update should be posted in full by tomorrow morning.
                            The Purist

Comment

• To our erstwhile German colleagues from William Butler Yeates

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
                              The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.
                              Surely some revelation is at hand;
                              Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
                              The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
                              When a vast image out of Spritus Mundi
                              Troubles my sight: somewhere in the sands of the desert
                              A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
                              A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
                              Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
                              Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
                              The darkness drops again; but now I know
                              That twenty centuries of stony sleep
                              were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
                              And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
                              Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
                              Read into it what you will .

Comment

• G'day teams,...

... just a quick update as I am in a place called "Tulsa" for the next three days. The month is nearly over and it has been pretty quiet except for a major tussle up by Danzig where the Red Army and Germans are wrestling for the conytrol of that port. Orders for everywhere else were pretty conservative so not nearly as much blood is being spilled as the line correct and armies settle in for the approaching rainy season.

I'll be back this Thursday. Updates for 11/43 should be ready for this weekend.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X