The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    I thought the Turkey idea was interesting, and could have worked if the Red Army had been drawn into that conflict. We probably made a mistake in attacking you, and therefore unable to go to global war (still no idea on its impact), but as Tsar said
    We were drawn in! and fundamentally, if we hadn't attacked the Germans, the game would be really boring ;-)
    My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
      Jeez, what's your beef?
      I'm trying to inject a little fun into the game and you come off all Jabberwockey on me?
      Forget it.
      The war is lost, but I'm staying with it to give the Allied players a chance to have some real fun, and ... maybe I have the wrong idea, eh?
      Wow not the reaction I was expecting, and certainly not from you Exorcist. Should I have used something other than the wink emoticon?

-I meant not for my jaws to bite nor my claws to catch, I thought I stayed the Jubjub bird and the frumious Bandersnatch!
      Expected you I did to counter, deft with your vorpal sword.
      With snicker-snack, and gallumphing back,
      My head aloft on a cord.

BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
        Wow not the reaction I was expecting, and certainly not from you Exorcist. Should I have used something other than the wink emoticon?

Eh, nevermind, just burned out from the endless frustration.

Like I said, I'll stick around for a while.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
          I thought the Turkey idea was interesting, and could have worked if the Red Army had been drawn into that conflict. We probably made a mistake in attacking you, and therefore unable to go to global war (still no idea on its impact), but as Tsar said :
          Nick, believe this or not I didnít want you drawn into the conflict at all. I would have been more then happy to have you sit out until í42 or í43.

That was what I was predicting when we launched Balkan Broadsword.

Your intervention in Turkey was immaterial since we never interacted with you there. If it had any affect at all it was that it weakened you before you attacked us. So by siding with the Brits and sending aid to them in Turkey you allowed your country to be invaded further (or really at all) then would have been the case if you had stayed out of it.

As for what it cost you production wise probably about half of what you could have produced if we had attacked you. Of course that is offset by our absolute determination to not take enough of your country to trigger total war. You therefore got to have more population centers and uninterrupted factories then you would have if we had gone all out in our invasion. Also you never suffered the collapse of your economy for several cycles that would have happened if you had lost significant forces early on.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Yeah, Turkey was make or break for us, and it broke.

I just want to know how the Western allies grew their forces so huge and with all that Amphib capacity... next time, I'm playing the USA!
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Yeah, Turkey was make or break for us, and it broke.

I just want to know how the Western allies grew their forces so huge and with all that Amphib capacity... next time, I'm playing the USA!
              You and me both.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• When this game is finished I'm going to look at the other threads to find out what actually went on .
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I just want to know how the Western allies grew their forces so huge and with all that Amphib capacity...
                  It's all there in the rulebook.

Comment

• Its the weekend and I'm missing my update. Junkie or what .
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by The Land View Post
                      It's all there in the rulebook.
                      Hmmm... got one handy?
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Hmmm... got one handy?
                        check the messages I sent ya thought I included a link to the rule book it about half way down.

http://www.decisiongames.com/wwii/europe/europe.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                          check the messages I sent ya thought I included a link to the rule book it about half way down.

http://www.decisiongames.com/wwii/europe/europe.htm
                          "Server not found"
                          I'm pretty sure that's what happened last time.
                          And never mind, it's too late now.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Works fine for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
                              You and me both.
                              The grass is always greener on the other side? To be honest the most exciting moments were definitely when it was just the CW fighting alone. Every move seems like it could invite certain doom if you make just one misstep. Things are pretty intense when all you can do is wait to see where the Axis are going to hit you hard. Personally I found the Turkey move added some real excitement for the Allies.

Once the USA gets involved it just a question of where you want to land to invade the Continent.

Comment

• I must admit to never once being concerned about actions that we made in the game. The Germans seemed to have an incredibly bad start and never recovered. Once we were invaded in force we never lost as much land as the Soviets did historically, and there was always the benefit that if we did lose land our economy would apparantly get stronger!

Therefore I never really considered where the Germans may strike, and simply requested to Uncle Joe areas we could attack to keep the enemy off balance. I would suggest the majority of a force at each point so that the Germans would have to use all their mobile reserves to counter our attack, and not use them to exploit any weak spots in our line.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X