No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it cheating if you look at your allies?

Uncle Joe would think you were naive, or corrupted by Western goody-goodyness.

Anybody up for some more anecdotes?
    Last edited by The Exorcist; 03 Jul 10, 02:56.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
      Is it cheating if you look at your allies?

Uncle Joe would think you were naive, or corrupted by Western goody-goodyness.

Anybody up for some more anecdotes?
      We will come and explain our teachings to the poor, supressed, subjugated, educated and oppressed peoples of your nation so that they can come to a understanding on the pure, harmonious and beautiful nature of the bountiful and delicious Stalin ...er... Soviet Union.

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• You have to win the war first.

A note to the western allies- "Yeah, we know what this is likely to lead to, so why go that route? Instead of beating each other up, why don't we join forces against the Reds before the obligatory mutual slaughter?
        We have the means to make it worth your while ..."
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Ok gang. The Germans are doing their 7/43 orders and I hope to have the Allied and Russian updates ready by Thursday.

I leave on Thursday to do another 1/2 Ironman Triathlon (Osoyoos, British Columbia) but will be back late on the 12th. Next week I hope to get through all of 7/43 because on the 16th I leave for weeks vacation,... returning on the 25th.

After that I'm good until the big race at the end of August.

So,... this week is for orders and updates, next week the battles of 7/43. Then a pause.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Okay, my orders are in the Social group

And a big congratulations to AG North's Panzer Corps, their masterful coverage of our little withdrawal saved many Infantry Divs, allowing them to take up new and stronger positions ... and negating the value of the one successful Paratroops drop that the Reds will get out of this war.
            Kudos!
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Okay, my orders are in the Social group

And a big congratulations to AG North's Panzer Corps, their masterful coverage of our little withdrawal saved many Infantry Divs, allowing them to take up new and stronger positions ... and negating the value of the one successful Paratroops drop that the Reds will get out of this war.
              Kudos!
              Well done on your victorious and glorious withdrawal while we advance in utter disorder .
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                Well done on your victorious and glorious withdrawal while we advance in utter disorder .
                Indeed! Who needs advances when you can achieve so much with retreats. Maybe the Germans should strengthen their position further by retreating past Berlin. :P
                My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

• Originally posted by The Land View Post
                  Indeed! Who needs advances when you can achieve so much with retreats. Maybe the Germans should strengthen their position further by retreating past Berlin. :P
                  Becareful what ya wish for Russia could end up with all of Germany

Comment

• Considering all the careful preparation, effort and massive forces involved, the poor Russkies must be disappointed at the way the Destruction of Army Group Center keeps not happening.

Oh, and don't be expecting the allies in the Balkans to accomplish anything this year, if ever. Manstien in giving them fits right now.

Oh, didn't you know? Rommel coming in last year was just a smoke-screen. His boss, smiling Albert Kesselring also arrived.
                    The acknowledged master of defensive warfare has been in charge in Russia and has been for some time now. Say, from about the time that The Germans started giving up small bits of territory (aside from the latest fray) and the Russians started loosing a lot more men than the Germans are.
                    Present situation included.
                    Have fun!
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Oh, and don't be expecting the allies in the Balkans to accomplish anything this year, if ever. Manstien in giving them fits right now.
                      According to our officers in the Balkans, it seems you guys have taken the beating. Is Goebbels telling your officer corps something else?
                      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                        According to our officers in the Balkans, it seems you guys have taken the beating. Is Goebbels telling your officer corps something else?
                        Which officers the Political officers or the line ones

Comment

Considering all the careful preparation, effort and massive forces involved, the poor Russkies must be disappointed at the way the Destruction of Army Group Center keeps not happening.

Oh, didn't you know? Rommel coming in last year was just a smoke-screen. His boss, smiling Albert Kesselring also arrived.
                          The acknowledged master of defensive warfare has been in charge in Russia and has been for some time now. Say, from about the time that The Germans started giving up small bits of territory (aside from the latest fray) and the Russians started loosing a lot more men than the Germans are.
                          Have fun!
                          Er, who are these generals . We are fairing badly, and retreating westward . We have had a problem while atacking Fascists, as these are evading capture by dying . We need prisoners for the 1944 victory parade, and a mountain of bodies is just not as spectacular.

Comment

Considering all the careful preparation, effort and massive forces involved, the poor Russkies must be disappointed at the way the Destruction of Army Group Center keeps not happening.

Have fun!
                            Rommel? Kesselring? since when did they joing ACG? oh I see... you mean fictionally? oh well then if you're going to let NPCs do your planning and command for you then by all means...
                            BoRG
                            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                              Rommel? Kesselring? since when did they joing ACG? oh I see... you mean fictionally? oh well then if you're going to let NPCs do your planning and command for you then by all means...
                              Jeez, what's your beef?
                              I'm trying to inject a little fun into the game and you come off all Jabberwockey on me?
                              Forget it.
                              The war is lost, but I'm staying with it to give the Allied players a chance to have some real fun, and ... maybe I have the wrong idea, eh?
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Jeez, what's your beef?
                                I'm trying to inject a little fun into the game and you come off all Jabberwockey on me?
                                Forget it.
                                The war is lost, but I'm staying with it to give the Allied players a chance to have some real fun, and ... maybe I have the wrong idea, eh?
                                To be fair to Arthwys the tone of the exchange between teams was determined by one of your players. At one point I did try to change the nature of the exchange by adding some colour, but few players joined in .

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                                Nikolai Noodleski was in awe of the recently acquired German binoculars he was using to scan the horizon.

Their optics are damned good he thought traitorously.

Now in command of his new T34D, he had been more than pleasantly surprised that its armour was generally more than able to deal with the PzIII's armament. However, those new long barrelled PzIV's were a different proposition, and due to his new found piece of kit, it was his job to spot for them........
                                I thought the Turkey idea was interesting, and could have worked if the Red Army had been drawn into that conflict. We probably made a mistake in attacking you, and therefore unable to go to global war (still no idea on its impact), but as Tsar said :

Originally posted by tsar View Post
                                Nick get over it........ Live with what you have and stop complaining about the consequences of your decisions.
                                However, I have enjoyed your input .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X