No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just don't get burned out, we don't want to over-tax the guy running this one.

Everyone needs a vacation once in a while.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
      Just don't get burned out, we don't want to over-tax the guy running this one.

Everyone needs a vacation once in a while.
      absolutely
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• I am on tenterhooks. Might even get my own copy of War in Europe out :-)

It's struck me that, since the war in the East has gone completely differently from how it did in the OTL, we might do the long-threatened "rematch" on War in Europe's Barbarossa scenario...
        My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

• Originally posted by The Land View Post
          I am on tenterhooks. Might even get my own copy of War in Europe out :-)

It's struck me that, since the war in the East has gone completely differently from how it did in the OTL, we might do the long-threatened "rematch" on War in Europe's Barbarossa scenario...
          What might be interesting after about another year or so of game time if Purist had a save of one of the more interesting turning points and play out from there. (did not mean for purist to play it out but for others to. ) hopefully that made sense

Comment

• The move portion was completed last night. All that is left is cleaning the old place and carting off all the cleaning supplies. Should start putting the office back together in the new place tomorrow night and re-familiarise myself with the situation.

Sorry, Craven, no saved files from critical points. One quick thought on that topic was spring 1941,... the decision to invade Greece and Turkey. I'll do a bit of a review (bird's eye) since I saw both sides of the hill.
            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• The Game begins----- again

Ok, lads,

The game will re-commence tomorrow evening and I hope to begin posting any required updates as soon as the ground dries (weather is still iffy in late 5/43).

I actually needed the extra few days for a break,.... recharge the batteries.

Cheers.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                Ok, lads,

The game will re-commence tomorrow evening and I hope to begin posting any required updates as soon as the ground dries (weather is still iffy in late 5/43).

I actually needed the extra few days for a break,.... recharge the batteries.

Cheers.
                No worries P. we're ready when you are.
                BoRG
                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Finally back . Have I missed anything ?
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Nope.

Due to a couple of RL issues the update was delayed

German update will be up tonight.

Breif report from the front:

Allied guns thunder in the Balkans!!
                    The Purist

Comment

• Once this game is over I'm gonna have a look at the other related forums to see where we went wrong , or at least have won quicker ?

Given the lack of any insightful strike that takes an opponent completely off balance, it appears that all participants have been playing the game most honourably .
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Well... thanks for those kind words.

If we are so evenly matched, I can't help but wonder why the Axis didn't do better. The illegality of any amphibious activity in the Med frustrated the hell out of me, but that trick of keeping the Russians on a limited war footing went a long way to balancing that out.
                        Can we have a betting pool on what month this ends?

I was a little surprised that the Allies went for a big win in the Balkans, the place where Partisans made a strong German garrison a fact of life.
                        But hey, not my deal, I'm the one on the Eastern Front!
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                          Well... thanks for those kind words.

If we are so evenly matched, I can't help but wonder why the Axis didn't do better. The illegality of any amphibious activity in the Med frustrated the hell out of me, but that trick of keeping the Russians on a limited war footing went a long way to balancing that out.
                          Can we have a betting pool on what month this ends?

I was a little surprised that the Allies went for a big win in the Balkans, the place where Partisans made a strong German garrison a fact of life.
                          But hey, not my deal, I'm the one on the Eastern Front!
                          Easier to fight garrison troops that are busy chasing around Partisans, than fresh ready troops who spend all their time sunbathing on the beaches of France.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demon_Llama View Post
                            Easier to fight garrison troops that are busy chasing around Partisans, than fresh ready troops who spend all their time sunbathing on the beaches of France.
                            Yeah, I was just thinking about that.
                            Maybe it's time for a coup...
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                              Once this game is over I'm gonna have a look at the other related forums to see where we went wrong , or at least have won quicker ?

Given the lack of any insightful strike that takes an opponent completely off balance, it appears that all participants have been playing the game most honourably .
                              In the overall scope of things cheating by the Germans I do not think could of done them any good as they are pretty landlocked and can not move fast enough to take advantage of any weakness they learned of. they pretty much got what they got and that is about it. Now looking at the amphib ability allies have probally provides the easiest chance to cheat because you can strke anywhere. This is just my basic analysis of the game mechnic and watching both sides do various things. Even if I knew what you guys are doing there no.

Comment

• I think may have clicked into an AH forum - the Allies - I wasn't supposed to. I promise I was only there less than a few seconds, but if anyone feels I may have gained an advantage please feel free to penalise the Soviet side.

For the rest of us Soviet players may I apologise totally. Sorry.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X