No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will bet the Allied team a crate of the finest Soviet vodka that we beat them to the oil fields of Ploestij.

I hear it is possible to fuel Panzers on refined walnut oil, maybe that is what the German Army has been missing? I think they will soon find out...
    My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

• I head Bucharest is lovely in the spring time!

One case of vodka up against one case of Gunniess!
      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by The Land View Post
        I have bitten the bullet and ordered a copy. So long as my girlfriend doesn't notice, I think I can afford it. So I will be taking you up on your offer of a game sooner rather than later.
        Very pleased with Decision Games' service, actually: the game arrived today, and postage was $20 cheaper than the advertised rate.
        My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

• Heh, looks like I tweaked them pretty good with that last crack.

You guys ready for the Summer of decision?
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
            ...You guys ready for the Summer of decision?
            Ready or not, it's coming
            BoRG
            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• It is. And don't you Allied boys worry. You've got my full attention.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• A thousand and one apologies, gang. Thursday I left for a 1/2 Ironman triathlon in Oliver BC and meant to post a brief message about being away

It was meant to be sent to all last Wednesday night stating that the Axis plans have been received, read and implemented and that I would be getting to the allied and Russian updates as soon as I returned from my trip.

Ok,... so, I'm back and will be at it tomorrow evening and should have the allies and Russian updates in the next couple of days (by Thursday).

Sorry Again
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• No problem. How did you do?
                  "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                  -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                    A thousand and one apologies, gang. Thursday I left for a 1/2 Ironman triathlon in Oliver BC and meant to post a brief message about being away

It was meant to be sent to all last Wednesday night stating that the Axis plans have been received, read and implemented and that I would be getting to the allied and Russian updates as soon as I returned from my trip.

Ok,... so, I'm back and will be at it tomorrow evening and should have the allies and Russian updates in the next couple of days (by Thursday).

Sorry Again
                    was it one of the sunny days or was it one of the rainy days. weathers been kind of weird

Comment

A thousand and one apologies, gang. Thursday I left for a 1/2 Ironman triathlon in Oliver BC and meant to post a brief message about being away

Sorry Again
                      Im in Belgium and dont have regular access to a computer so glad for the delay .
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• The last Axis update was in May, are we on hiatus until Purist finishes moving to his new place?
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• he just finished up a the allies and soviet turns a few days ago fyi

Comment

• Just wondering if the big more was over yet, I expected things to slow down in Summer.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• I have got most of 5/43 completed (the mud has finally dried) but will be shutting down these means until the move is complete (begins tomorrow). The move will be over (for the most part) by Sunday and the game continue by Sunday,... amid the stacks of boxes and wondering what will go where.

So,... light another cigar, throw on your trenchcoats and pace back and forth in front of your respective CPs, OPs, HQ Bunkers, Tac HQs,... whatever. The plans have all been made, the troops and tanks are deployed, the sound of the guns can be heard in the distance. The balloon will go up soon and the fate of nations decided.

The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

I have got most of 5/43 completed (the mud has finally dried) but will be shutting down these means until the move is complete (begins tomorrow). The move will be over (for the most part) by Sunday and the game continue by Sunday,... amid the stacks of boxes and wondering what will go where.

So,... light another cigar, throw on your trenchcoats and pace back and forth in front of your respective CPs, OPs, HQ Bunkers, Tac HQs,... whatever. The plans have all been made, the troops and tanks are deployed, the sound of the guns can be heard in the distance. The balloon will go up soon and the fate of nations decided.

BoRG
                                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Working...
                                X