The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    STAVKA will probably be allowed to shadow SHAEF for the Tutorial.
    Does that mean those of us in STAVKA are supposed to contribute to the planning of the decadent imperialist regimes, or just read their threads?
    My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

Originally posted by The Land View Post
      Does that mean those of us in STAVKA are supposed to contribute to the planning of the decadent imperialist regimes, or just read their threads?
      I think just read their threads...
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
        That's good.

Soviet officers are reminded to take a cold shower after reading the threads of the decadent imperialists to help remind them of the virtues of Communism.
        My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

Do you need us to translate those threads?
          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
            Do you need us to translate those threads?
            Oh not at all we'll just use the language tools!
            BoRG
            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Oh not at all we'll just use the language tools!
              Darn you google!

Comrade...there is so much work for both of us to do let's not spend time arguing while Adolf's boys sneak around behind our backs.
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

Ya,... go ahead and read the thread. You will see that you role is to provide guidance to the field commanders (the Royal 'me') and the factory managers (me again). T'll be finishing up IV/9/39 this evening, posting the results of the fighting tomorrow and then going through the production cycle with the German and Russian groups on Thursday/Friday.

From there its a re-start on the weekend.
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

I'll probably wipe the threads except for the "informational posts" in all five threads as well or create an archive called "Tutorial".
                  The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Forward Defense.

Apparantly it has been suggested that the Soviet divisions may be a little clunky. To counter this, if any Nazi's do decide to invade we will opt for the strategy Forward Defense.

What will happen is that any offensive against Mother Sovietland will be met with a greater offensive. All units have been supplied with extra ammunition, beetroot, cabbage and vodka and if any hostilities start we will advance. Its hard to cut off an enemy who has taken your supply depots .
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Wait. You guys took all the beetroots?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                        Forward Defense.

Apparantly it has been suggested that the Soviet divisions may be a little clunky. To counter this, if any Nazi's do decide to invade we will opt for the strategy Forward Defense.

What will happen is that any offensive against Mother Sovietland will be met with a greater offensive. All units have been supplied with extra ammunition, beetroot, cabbage and vodka and if any hostilities start we will advance. Its hard to cut off an enemy who has taken your supply depots .
                        Pure, unadulterated genius.

One for texts at all the military academies.
                        __________________________________________________ ___________________

More importantly!!!

Rather than have to do this secretly, and because this is a tutorial I think it would be quickest if I actually run through the Production Cycle for all three teams in the Officer's Mess. I'll do it step by step and the system will seem involved but once you see how it all folds together you will see it is quite simple.

The challenge is not in how the sytem works but in planning the long term production strategies. Unlike most games where production and reinforcements are immediate, in CWiE production takes time (with weekly turns, it should).

So,... sit back and relax. Feel free to ask questions as I go along.

See you tomorrow.
                        Last edited by The Purist; 25 Nov 09, 00:32.
                        The Purist

Comment

The Production Cycle

Ok,... I ran through IV/9/39 and the Germans took Warsaw and held it against a Polish counterattack. Poland has surrendered.

German and French artillery continued to duel along their frontiers and troops are bustling hither and yon. The Royal Navy is flailing the seas hunting for U-Boats and Raiders and anything flying a German flag.

Also,... much to the amazement of the Danish populations German troop trains rolled into Copenhagen this week and occupied the country. The reasons for this sudden invasion and occupation of the this small neutral was to show how "Looting" functions as part of the German economy. It is a drill.

I will get into the Germans full production cycle tomorrow evening, at least the basic introduction. I will complete it and the Soviet Production methodology on Thurs and Friday evenings.

Tonight we will handle two points only. The U-Boat War and the Allied Reinforcement Phase.

The U-Boat War

U-Boat Attack

The number of German U-Boats and date will determine their effectiveness. German begins the war with 4 U-boats which places them on the "average table" for 10/39. This means there is a 1/6 chance of the U-Boats delaying CW reinforcements a 4/6 chance that reinforcements will arrive as scheduled and a 1/6 chance that the reinforcements will be accelerated (2 month worth received instead of just one).

I push the button and,.... well,... "Delayed". The CW will not receive its scheduled reinforcements which amounted to a RRU.

U-Boat Attrition.

In 1939 if the Germans have between 1 and 10 U-Boat points (groups, wolf packs, etc.) there is a 1/6 chance that one will be sunk. This ASW attack happens automatically and in the case we get a,...

MISS. No U-boats sunk this month.

Had British (CW) reinforcements arrived they could have been placed in any CW major port hex for deployment wherever the command sees fit. The CW also receives reinforcements via "Suez". These cannot be delayed and they arrive in Egypt, Iraq, or the Persian Gulf as determined by the situation and CW wishes.

That about wraps up the Allied Reinforcment step during the Monthly Production Cycle. If this was 1942, there would be a Strategic Bombing Phase as well but we'll leave that for later. French reinforcements happen during the 1st week of each month and are not subject to the effects of the U-Boat war.
                          Last edited by The Purist; 25 Nov 09, 08:45.
                          The Purist

Comment

German Production Part I

The Germans can now begin to contemplate their production strategy for this upcoming and future Production Cycles. Remember, everything takes time to build so decisions made today will not take effect for some time. For now OKW can think about the following:

Production Points

- Germany has a pool of 90 Production Points stockpiled and available.

- Germany presently has 18 Manufacturing Centres

- German has 18 resources centres (thanks to Russia, Sweden, Romania and Turkey) to match the Mfg Ctrs.

- Germany has a production Multiple of 2 for 10/39 and thus produces and additional 36 Prod Pts.

- Germany also has conquered Poland and Denmark and has full divisions in the capitals. This allows both countries to be looted. In this case Poland will provide and additional 2 Prod Pts and Denmark 1 Prod Pt.

- The total German Production Points avaiable is: 90+36+3 = 129

Personnel Points

- Germany has 16 personnel centres

- the personnel multiple is 4 thus amounting to 64 new Pers Pts for the German pool

- Poland and Denmark each provide 1 Pers Pt from "Looting" (volunteers), thats 2 more Pers Pts.

- the German stockpile is 50 Pers Pts

-total Pers Pts available is: 64+2+50 = 116

Germany has 129 Prod Pts and 116 Pers Pts to spend on new units and upgrading those currently in its OoB.

More on all of this tomorrow.
                            The Purist

Comment

use the first 3 cadre to build airborne regiments, use any other cadre to build infantry divisions. there will need to be about 3 U-Boats built to satisfy to 30% requirement,and of course airpoints to meet the 30-50% requirement there also. build the minimum possible airpoints and as many ground troops that you can build. If we were going to continue to 13/39 I would have you build another RRU to keep the offensive flowing.
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Still room left? Missed the inital announcement...

I'll take any side, would prefer STAVKA, but since they already have more players I can go with their Allies or Axis.
                                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X