No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I would pass on a great joke I heard last time I was in Berlin.

"Allied bombing campaign".
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
      I thought I would pass on a great joke I heard last time I was in Berlin.

I would laugh too, but the word "Blitzkrieg" is equally unknown.

Comment

• I apologize if this is off topic but are there any plans for more wargames? I would be very interested in joining one if this one is no longer open to new players.
        Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
        But who's to judge the right from wrong.
        When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
        That violence breeds violence.
        But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

• Stick around long enough Czin and someone will be running a game here every few months. Just depends what you are looking for in terms of history as there are currently Napoleon, Civil War, and of course our game going on right now.
          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
            Stick around long enough Czin and someone will be running a game here every few months. Just depends what you are looking for in terms of history as there are currently Napoleon, Civil War, and of course our game going on right now.
            I don't see the other two.

Any way, currently I am interested in Industrial, Information, Future, Modern, Ancient, Classical, and Medieval era warfare. So I believe this should provide me with a broad enough interest range to find one soon enough.

Lastly, is this still open for anyone to join?

Comment

• See this thread-

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...=88503&page=21

Comment

• Looking forward to the next maps . No fix received for a while .
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
                  I thought I would pass on a great joke I heard last time I was in Berlin.

LOL. Those of us on the Channel coast continue to see those things called "heavy bombers" cross our lines with regularity, but have yet to see those things called "bombs" fall from them. I'm thinking that we will have to reclassify them as either "donated gunnery/fighter targets" or "oversized mass recon transports".
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                    LOL. Those of us on the Channel coast continue to see those things called "heavy bombers" cross our lines with regularity, but have yet to see those things called "bombs" fall from them. I'm thinking that we will have to reclassify them as either "donated gunnery/fighter targets" or "oversized mass recon transports".
                    Now that you brought up airplanes, where's the luftwaffel been lately? Are the pilots on strike?
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Nah, We gave them a vacation. Your own air force was so ineffective, we thought they'd lose their edge without a challenge. You can find them on a ship in the X Sea/Ocean, coordinates xx.xxxN/xx.xxxW. They're challenging themselves with surfing, diving, and shuffleboard....

Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        Nah, We gave them a vacation. Your own air force was so ineffective, we thought they'd lose their edge without a challenge. You can find them on a ship in the X Sea/Ocean, coordinates xx.xxxN/xx.xxxW. They're challenging themselves with surfing, diving, and shuffleboard....

Well we certainly have shot quite a few Axis planes down over the Mediterrainean sea. I'm afraid though that a single ship is far from enough to pick them all up.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                          So I take it that the answer is yes.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, gents, works has been very busy and triathlon trining is getting more intense as the races approach (along with good weather). I had hoped to roll through 13/42 fairly quickly this weekend but a game event hit that came as a surprise -

Italy has surrendered.

'Nuff said here. I'll have to delay the Russian update and do a mini-review for the Germans (this is a bit of an important event). I'll drop a note in the various private rooms.

Once the Germans have a chance to update their orders I'll get on with the Russian update.

Cheers.
                            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Looking forward to it .
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• BoRG
                                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Sellner
                                  by casanova
                                  Chef of the radical right political Austrian party Martin Sellner. Twitter had kicked him out for his radical political propaganda . ...
                                  Today, 00:03
                                • casanova
                                  Kreml
                                  by casanova
                                  The Russian president Putin and the Tschetschenen president had a meeting in the Kreml in Moscow. They ordered their agents to kill persons, who were...
                                  Yesterday, 23:15
                                • Nikki
                                  We're Shutting Down...Again
                                  by Nikki
                                  The governor of CA issued closures for all indoor businesses and activities today.

When asked if protests will be allowed. Our governor...
                                  Yesterday, 21:56
                                Working...
                                X