The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

But we understand now at least one of the rules that you have known all along, giving you the edge until now. You are going to have to deliver the knock out blow against us to win,
    Actually we donít. We just have to keep you (and the West) from delivering the knock out blow against us.

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Oh, and our losses are less than yours at present . I expect the loss ratio to remain in our favour .
    Yes you did a good job of attacking the third rate armies of our allies (something the CW and Americans are also doing) but you will soon have to face the first string in any attacks that you launch. Look at the numbers and see how comfortable you will be when your 3 corps are facing 2 divisions on equal terms.

Good luck taking back the land then.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Oh, and our losses are less than yours at present . I expect the loss ratio to remain in our favour .
      Oh really? WHat planet do you live in?
      By present, do you mean this particular week?
      I suppose you have noticed a change in the tempo of operations, I transfered myself from Africa on 1/42 to Russia, and things have been more interesting since then.
      Now, I suppose you have a similar ability to conjure units at will as the West does, but just wait till you try to get a serious offensive going, you'll find that they go very, very slowly.
      Nice to see you are thinking of joining the show in Turkey, but now that things are busting loos down there I think your a bit late to save the Middle East.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
        Actually we donít. We just have to keep you (and the West) from delivering the knock out blow against us.
        So that your super V weapons can come into play . You've got until 6th August 1945 to get those on line .

Originally posted by tsar View Post
        Yes you did a good job of attacking the third rate armies of our allies (something the CW and Americans are also doing) but you will soon have to face the first string in any attacks that you launch. Look at the numbers and see how comfortable you will be when your 3 corps are facing 2 divisions on equal terms.

Good luck taking back the land then.
        It is just that type of view that will lose you the game . You will need all the men you have.
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
          Oh really? WHat planet do you live in?
          By present, do you mean this particular week?
          I suppose you have noticed a change in the tempo of operations, I transfered myself from Africa on 1/42 to Russia, and things have been more interesting since then.
          Now, I suppose you have a similar ability to conjure units at will as the West does, but just wait till you try to get a serious offensive going, you'll find that they go very, very slowly.
          Nice to see you are thinking of joining the show in Turkey, but now that things are busting loos down there I think your a bit late to save the Middle East.
          We are not even on a full war footing yet and we are still killing more of you than you of us . And we have more to play with .
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• The Red Army Cometh

Comment

The Red Army Cometh

They sing very nicely. Pity you didnít teach them to stand and fight instead. Oh well must be the penchant for young boys that your leadership has. Canít have them getting all dirty.
              Sweaty yes, dirty no.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• The poor guys must be awfully nervous, and who can blame them?

The West is fighting on three fronts, stretching themselves awfully thin very early, and that still has not prevented a Turkish collapse. And with Turkey going down in flames, its a whole new ball game folks.

"Georgia on my mind..."
                And Damascus, and Cairo... and wont it be interesting when El Alamien is fought in reverse, eh?

Comment

The poor guys must be awfully nervous, and who can blame them?

The West is fighting on three fronts, stretching themselves awfully thin very early, and that still has not prevented a Turkish collapse. And with Turkey going down in flames, its a whole new ball game folks.

"Georgia on my mind..."
                  And Damascus, and Cairo... and wont it be interesting when El Alamien is fought in reverse, eh?

This could very well refer to the Nazi's as well. And with the same result .

Comment

The poor guys must be awfully nervous, and who can blame them?

"Georgia on my mind..."
                    Rather several nations fighting on three fronts than just one. We're just getting started my Friend
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• This Turkey nonsense is very puzzling. Must be hypnoitized by those belly dancers .

I shouldn't really laugh. Our town has its own troupe of belly dancers - really .

Rhysian is one of them .

Comment

We're not thin - just on a diet right now.

We are holding our own by all accounts in two of the fronts and with regards to Turkey logistically speaking that is pretty hard for us to get there in full force which is why our allies are watching our backs.
                        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

This Turkey nonsense is very puzzling.
                          No, think about it a moment.
                          When you remove all the Axis and all the Allied mistakes, you wind up with the same situation again. In this game, the ship of state is about as maneuverable as a locomotive on rails.

The Turkish operation was Tsar's idea, and I support it because it was the best way to change the historic routine. Judging by all the back & forth when it happened, it must have come as a great surprise.

We don't have to follow in every footstep, do we?

Comment

• I will give it you guys that it was a surprise (albeit one that was made clear once we slowed you down in Greece).

I like the "off the rails" of your guys' game and playing out some "what ifs" to see if the Allies/SU can stop it. I'm interested to see what happens after Turkey.
                            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                              I will give it you guys that it was a surprise (albeit one that was made clear once we slowed you down in Greece).

I like the "off the rails" of your guys' game and playing out some "what ifs" to see if the Allies/SU can stop it. I'm interested to see what happens after Turkey.
                              So am I.

Comment

• So...what's the next move?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X