Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sounds like an invitation, shall we?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

    -Captain Jack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tsar View Post
      We haven't tried yet, so we can't try again.
      Oh, two and a bit years of war without making an effort? That explains a great deal! :-)
      My board games blog: The Brass Castle

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tsar View Post
        Considering we haven't done more then just straighten the lines and haven't launched an attack (unlike you) the fact that we are in Russia is most telling.
        Yes, straigthening lines. Maybe next you can declare war to Bulgaria and advance out of Turkey. I'm sure that's how you would put it anyways.
        Wisdom is personal

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Land View Post
          Oh, two and a bit years of war without making an effort? That explains a great deal! :-)
          We haven't been at war with Russia "two and a bit years". But in the 6 months or so that we have been they have taken 60 miles of German territory wile we have taken thousands of miles of Russia's.
          sounds like they have the problem to me.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Karri View Post
            Yes, straigthening lines. Maybe next you can declare war to Bulgaria and advance out of Turkey. I'm sure that's how you would put it anyways.
            Really? We hold part of Ukrane, Belorussia and the Baltics as well as the part of Poland that Britain doesn't consider important enough to go to war to defend. You have taken 60 miles of good German swamp land.

            Who is feeding the world propaganda about their abilities?

            It took you what 4 months to beat a second rate power like Finland. you should have stuck to fighting small countries then you wouldn't have to worry about losing ground during your sneak attacks.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tsar View Post
              Really? We hold part of Ukrane, Belorussia and the Baltics as well as the part of Poland that Britain doesn't consider important enough to go to war to defend. You have taken 60 miles of good German swamp land.

              Who is feeding the world propaganda about their abilities?

              It took you what 4 months to beat a second rate power like Finland. you should have stuck to fighting small countries then you wouldn't have to worry about losing ground during your sneak attacks.
              I can't recall Britain, or any of the other Western Allies, fighting Finland. But perhaps I live in an alternative reality filled with senseless propaganda. We are teeribly sorry for the 'sneak' attacks we have made against your troops. Next time we will annouance beforehand before engagin your troops in North Africa, Turkey and Greece. And to top it all off, we won't be using real bullets.
              Wisdom is personal

              Comment


              • I feel tired.
                Does anyone else feel straight-jacketed by the system of the game? Hitting Turkey and letting the Reds attack first seemed the best way to make this thing jump off the historical rails, but that's going nowhere too.
                Honestly, how do you guys in the allied camp feel?
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

                -Captain Jack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                  I feel tired.
                  Does anyone else feel straight-jacketed by the system of the game? Hitting Turkey and letting the Reds attack first seemed the best way to make this thing jump off the historical rails, but that's going nowhere too.
                  Honestly, how do you guys in the allied camp feel?
                  We taste blood in the water....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                    I feel tired.
                    Does anyone else feel straight-jacketed by the system of the game? Hitting Turkey and letting the Reds attack first seemed the best way to make this thing jump off the historical rails, but that's going nowhere too.
                    Honestly, how do you guys in the allied camp feel?
                    To be more objective, things have jumped the historical rails quite a bit from the Allied perspective:

                    - No fighting in Norway
                    - You tried an assault on Malta
                    - You didn't even give the appearance of caring about invading Britain
                    - You didn't even finish the conquest of Greece, before trying for Turkey
                    - You invaded Turkey

                    Perhaps from an Eastern front perspective things haven't changed, but things in the West have gone quite differently then they did in WW2. On the other hand, things were always going to be more or less decided in the East, and no matter what you do, that's going to be a giant slug-fest across the Russian plains.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Karri View Post
                      I can't recall Britain, or any of the other Western Allies, fighting Finland. But perhaps I live in an alternative reality filled with senseless propaganda. We are teeribly sorry for the 'sneak' attacks we have made against your troops. Next time we will annouance beforehand before engagin your troops in North Africa, Turkey and Greece. And to top it all off, we won't be using real bullets.
                      I'm sorry did I get confused about which backstabbing, ally attacking country I was talking to.

                      Really the two of you are so close to the same that you are interchangeable anyway.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Demon_Llama View Post
                        - You didn't even give the appearance of caring about invading Britain
                        A mistake in retrospect, but how did you key into that so quickly?

                        It had seemed like we were floundering, until I realized we were looking at maps that showed the situation at the begining of YOUR turn, not ours.

                        and back to the obligatory nonsense-

                        We taste blood in the water....
                        I would be surprised if you didn't, with the way our Uboats have been punishing you!
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

                        -Captain Jack

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tsar View Post
                          I'm sorry did I get confused about which backstabbing, ally attacking country I was talking to.

                          Really the two of you are so close to the same that you are interchangeable anyway.
                          I'm sure you'll eventually try replacing East with West. Then you can say you are advancing when you are retreating. As for backstabbing ally attacking country, well hate to break this to you but you attacked us an we were never allied.
                          Wisdom is personal

                          Comment


                          • Any WW2 game that has fairly historical rules is tough for the Germans.
                            .

                            And I wouldn't count you out just yet - while it's not going well, both the Turkish and Russian fronts are still in play and big progress on either would change the strategic picture markedly.
                            My board games blog: The Brass Castle

                            Comment


                            • Objective captured.

                              Stuck in a freezing marsh just east of Brest Litovsk, rifleman Nikolai Noodleski was being eaten alive by mosquitoes. At least it felt that way. Another strategic objective expertly captured he cursed to himself .
                              Last edited by Nick the Noodle; 03 Feb 10, 13:38.
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Land View Post
                                Any WW2 game that has fairly historical rules is tough for the Germans.
                                .

                                And I wouldn't count you out just yet - while it's not going well, both the Turkish and Russian fronts are still in play and big progress on either would change the strategic picture markedly.
                                Well, the Strategic picture for 1941 was definitely far different than in the historical year. While North Africa could very well be said to have been historical, I think that the British have definitely been pressed harder and from more directions than they ever were in the historical year.
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X