No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, he can't leave us hanging. I'm enjoying the roundabout with Tsar too much. A worthy adversary.
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
      The Soviet Union entered what used to be Poland after you had forced the Poles to surrender. No Poland; no need for the Soviet Union to declare war.
      Most of Poland still existed when Russia entered it's eastern half. Infact we had never entered that part at all. Only through Russian intervention did that part cease to exist.

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
      We did not declare war on France. The Free French are our friends and allies. We targeted the Vichy French who have chosen to forsake their countrymen and ally themselves with the Axis.
      Vichy is not our ally. They are in fact a nuetral country. If they "have chosen to forsake their countrymen" they did so after you abandoned your alliance with them. So you Attacked a nuetral. All to gain land to expand your empire, just as you have done many times in the past.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        Thank god...er... thank er.. First Equal Person Joseph who understood Marx and made our country the great inspiration to the world now and for ever .

Please don't shoot me dearest Uncle Joe.
        Calm yourself Grand Marshall, I would never shoot one of my most valuable Commanders, besides the Purges are long over...

A. (Uncle Joe) -STAVKA
        BoRG
        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
          Calm yourself Grand Marshall, I would never shoot one of my most valuable Commanders, besides the Purges are long over...

A. (Uncle Joe) -STAVKA
          For now. Expect them to start again when you continue to lose Russian soil after that pathetic offensive of yours.
          I know most of our frontline troops have actually noticed it by now (mostly because they have to move to new quarters further east) but the word hasnít quite made it back to the R&R areas of the rear.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
            Most of Poland still existed when Russia entered it's eastern half. Infact we had never entered that part at all. Only through Russian intervention did that part cease to exist.
            While it did exist on the map, Poland as a country (in terms of its government and its soverign rights) was a myth after you captured Warsaw.

Originally posted by tsar View Post
            Vichy is not our ally. They are in fact a nuetral country. If they "have chosen to forsake their countrymen" they did so after you abandoned your alliance with them. So you Attacked a nuetral. All to gain land to expand your empire, just as you have done many times in the past.
            In our eyes they were supporting the Axis. We had classified intell that showed clear examples of supplying, aiding, and sharing information with your government. In this specific case we made the deicision that for the safety of the British government and its allies we needed to take action.
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

• Dear German team!

I bring you the latest pictures of your so-called offensive! It looks like it is getting a little 'bogged down' ...

My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

While it did exist on the map, Poland as a country (in terms of its government and its soverign rights) was a myth after you captured Warsaw.
                Well it has been stated in the past that a country that cannot defend itself doesnít deserve to exist. On the other hand we could not have moved into Poland to regain our territory without our agreement with Russia. So your ally of convenience enable this war to happen.

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                In our eyes they were supporting the Axis. We had classified intell that showed clear examples of supplying, aiding, and sharing information with your government. In this specific case we made the deicision that for the safety of the British government and its allies we needed to take action.
                So you did in fact attack a neutral country.

If cooperating with the other side is to be used as a justification for invasion then we are free of guilt over our invasion of both Belgium and the Netherlands since they both gave you information about us.

Good to know that you are letting us off the hook for that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Land View Post
                  Dear German team!

I bring you the latest pictures of your so-called offensive! It looks like it is getting a little 'bogged down' ...

That looks suspiciously like a Land rover. I think those must be pictures of your army in Greece.

Comment

• Ok I have to ask WTH was he thinking when he started to cross that.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                      Ok I have to ask WTH was he thinking when he started to cross that.

The same thing so many think in the snow and ice around here.

I got 4 wheel drive I can go anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
                        If cooperating with the other side is to be used as a justification for invasion then we are free of guilt over our invasion of both Belgium and the Netherlands since they both gave you information about us.

Good to know that you are letting us off the hook for that one.
                        Nice to know that you were that worried about Belgium and the Netherlands. I guess there is a chink in the dragon's armour.

As for letting you off the hook, rest assured we will charge full price when your bill comes due.

Comment

• Bogged down?

Heh heh, Stand by for an interesting announcement.

Comment

Nice to know that you were that worried about Belgium and the Netherlands. I guess there is a chink in the dragon's armour.
                            Yes I must have lost 2 or 3 minutes worth of sleep over it. It was terrible.

Comment

• 17 year old rifleman Nikolai Noodleski looked through his snipers scope, and let off one shot, before scampering to a new firing position.
                              Damn, missed he thought! How comes they are so good? They're only Fascist pukes afterall.

As a member of a forward unit, he had had the good fortune of acting as a bodyguard to the political officer. In the very early stages of the
                              invasion his unit had been over run, and it was only by having the political officer, Sergey Kirov junior, going for help did he survive. With the
                              unit no more his charge, Sergey, had been seen surplus to requirements and shot for cowardice. Only his age and ignorance had saved
                              Nikolai, and now he was back on the frontlines, although failing to make any impact.

Our tanks had looked so powerful. Real monsters with numerous guns to allow them to engage any type of target. Why didn't most of them
                              work, while the inferior Nazi machines did? And the Fascists seemed to work together, like termites, their smaller machines ganging up on
                              ours. And our fast tanks, looking so awesome as they sprinted forward, just turning into balls of flame after one hit?

Nikolai sensed he was not going to enjoy this war.
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Nice to know that there is honesty somewhere in the unholy alliance. I continue to thank the soviet union for the straightforward way that they have conducted themselves.
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X