No announcement yet.

The Officer's Mess - The place for baiting and taunting the other teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick - good point. Quick question for you: How do you do that? I have never rep'ed anyone.

Thanks!
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
      Nick - good point. Quick question for you: How do you do that? I have never rep'ed anyone.

Thanks!
      Click on the Yin Yang Circle on the top right of any of the posts by the Purist you think are any good . You just enter a phrase why you think that post was good, or just to say a general thank you . You can amend it to negative rep but I would not recomend that doing that in almost any case .
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Well it's good to see the German offensive going so well. Must be really pleasing for you to see Russian troops on German soil!
        My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

• I didn't read that in the Daily News! I have to get our newspaper services in shape.

Just make sure to stop when you hit Berlin
          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Land View Post
            Well it's good to see the German offensive going so well. Must be really pleasing for you to see Russian troops on German soil!
            You must mean German troops on Russian soil.

Always nice to be behind the news isn't it?

Hey, how many Russians have died for the Brits so far?
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
              You must mean German troops on Russian soil.
              No, there are Russian troops occupying part of East Prussia. Did your generals not tell you about this humiliating reverse for the Wehrmacht?

Comment

No, there are Russian troops occupying part of East Prussia. Did your generals not tell you about this humiliating reverse for the Wehrmacht?
                Did yours not tell you about Tannenberg?
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar View Post
                  Hey, how many Russians have died for the Brits so far?
                  Zero. We have not asked the Russians to do anything we are not prepared to do ourselves. We do not force or sacrifice our friends for personal means. We are willing to stop evil and are prepared to do what is necessary to restore Europe to peace.

Comment

• On German soil? Oh, a few acres of sandy Pine-barrens?

Meanwhile, what I told you would happen IS happening, once again.
                    Stalin's ill-gotten gains are being taken away from him, step by step, and we don't have far to go now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                      On German soil? Oh, a few acres of sandy Pine-barrens?
                      Well, it's not our fault that German soil is so rubbish. :-)

Comment

Well, it's not our fault that German soil is so rubbish. :-)
                        Uh huh, look who's talking. At least our farmers have toilets.

Hey, will we be pickling this up again this weekend? Just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                          Uh huh, look who's talking. At least our farmers have toilets.
                          Toilets wired directly to the Panzer divisions, it appears ;-)

(edited in case anyone thought I was trying to trash the other team, rather than their abysmal electronic minions)
                          Last edited by The Land; 15 Jan 10, 17:28.

Comment

• Ok lets be nice . On the Napoleonic forum people do verbally abuse each other . However, it is done with respect, and letting the enemy know you do have that edge . Let us all pursue that route. Instead of abusing each other as enemies, which is easy, let us abuse each other as friends, which is far more difficult.

Given that we are playing a computer simulation I expect WW2 to have almost the same outcome as before.

Since the CW, Poles and Free French do not have a great deal of options at the moment there is no need to harangue them.

The Germans appear to be pusuing a new line of attack that I would never have considered .

Let us applaud our competitors decisions when they are great , and laugh at them (not the person) when they leave a little to be desired .
                            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                              We are willing to stop evil and are prepared to do what is necessary to restore Europe to peace.
                              Ah, so you will be declaring war on Russia for their unprovoked and premeditated invasion of Poland. As well as Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland. Seems to me that you have sided with the country that has done more to disturb the peace of Europe then anyone else.

Let's watch that double standard kick in now.

Comment

• We have an agreement with Poland (as did France - you remember them? ) to stand by their side should they go to war. You invaded them and that automatically made our agreement with Poland kick in. We also gave our word to our French friends to stand by them.

We gave no such word to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, or Finland so there is no sense in our government playing the "what if" game.

It is not our job to police the whole world. We offered our help to our allies and then stood by that word. True we have suffered a few setbacks, but we have only begun to fight...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X