OKW - The Axis Commands HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Sadly, the last attack on Malta resulted in an AA hit, a lost AP and an open port.
    Of course
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

You Gents might want to start thinking about how much air to send east and if you want anything in the west to deter amphib raids by the Tommies in the spring.
      For the East send 6 air points of new builds. That should more then guarantee air supremacy against Russia. After that send the rest of the winter builds to the west.

As new divisions becomes available they should be distributed on a 1 to 2 basis with most going to the East until we double the number of divisions we have there then we can split them evenly between East and West with any odd numbers going to the South.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Still here, but somewhat mazed on the system and probably most comfortable as an observer for now
        Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
          I'm trying to cover all things South, what we need is Someone to cover matters north and west, since we seem to have lost our member who had so many ideas about that area.

I say welcome aboard, and I would like to hear about any clever ideas you might have.

Ok, Questions......

1) Do you guys have a private group? And can I get an invite?

2) Can I get an update as to forces availible in the West/North at this moment, as well as some basics on enemy forces and what territory we actually control at this point?

3) Also, how thin are we actually stretched with our troops, and how long before any potential major bombing campaign/amphib operation can begin?
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• The German strength in the west reads like this:

Denmark - 2 x 1-5-1 Static divisions

Holland - 2 x 1-5-1 Static divisions

Belgium - 2 x 1-5-1 Static Div, 2 x 6-5 Infantry div (reserve at Liege)

France - 13 x 6-5 Infantry div (10 covering the Channel and Brittany ports, 1 in Paris, 2 in reserve at Tours), 7 x Italian 1-4 Garrison/Coastal div, 11 x Italian 2-4 infantry div.

The western allies have amphib capacity for 2 divisions

There are 9 Uboat points (wolf packs) 3 Surf Points (German heavy naval units) and 5 naval transport points (each can lift a div in the High Seas [Atlantic and North Sea,... places where you'll find the bulk of the RN] or Baltic. No German Amphib capacity has been built.

The British sent 11 divisions and 3 bdes to France and lost 2 div and a brigade, four more divs were reduced to cadres. There is no up to date Intelligence on British capacity in England other than at Dover (1 full div plus two cadre div). Once a few a/c return to the west, aerial recon flights can be flown to try and piece together a better picture.

<<The Channel Coast>>

Attached Files
            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Ok, I would assume the RR markers are construction units building railroads to the newly strategic West Wall?

Also, do we have any intel on current dispositions in Norway, or what the political/economic costs/returns would be by invading them?

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4
                Ok, I would assume the RR markers are construction units building railroads to the newly strategic West Wall?
                The RRU (Rail Repair Units) have just finished repairing the French rail system. No forts under construction yet.

Originally posted by TacCovert4
                ...Also, do we have any intel on current dispositions in Norway, or what the political/economic costs/returns would be by invading them?
                The Norwegians have six divisions covering their ports. Replicating the OTL is almost impossible and the British are bound to send heavy reinforcements to Narvik which would make it very difficult to take. With Narvik in British hands Germay would lose the Swedish resources in the winter (about 8% of German production).
                Last edited by The Purist; 20 Dec 09, 11:32.
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• About Balkan Folly

Well?

What is the final decision? Do you go or not?
                  The Purist

Comment

The RRU (Rail Repair Units) have just finished repairing the French rail system. No forts under construction yet.

The Norwegians have six divisions covering their ports. Replicating the OTL is almost impossible and the British are bound to send heavy reinforcements to Narvik which would make it very difficult to take. With Narvik in British hands we would lose the Swedish resources in the winter (about 8% of German production)
                    Roger that sir. At what point can I begin to prioritize units for new rail construction and fortifications duties?

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      Roger that sir. At what point can I begin to prioritize units for new rail construction and fortifications duties?
                      There is no "new" rail construction, only repair of damaged lines and conversion from Soviet to European gauge.

Diverting production resources for forts in the west is dependant on OKW orders. tsar is the COS. Right now production is focused on expanding the army and the placement of a few forts in the east.
                      The Purist

Comment

Well?

What is the final decision? Do you go or not?
                        not

Comment

Ok, Questions......

1) Do you guys have a private group? And can I get an invite?

2) Also, how thin are we actually stretched with our troops, and how long before any potential major bombing campaign/amphib operation can begin?
                          1) go to the social groups link on your user cp page we are OKW I'll send an invitation.

2) There is no chance of any bombing raids before the Yanks get involved and no real practical chance of an invasion before the summer of '42.

WE have about a year before we have to begin worrying about the west.

Comment

• Happy New Year!!! 1/41 has arrived

For Exorcist,

13/40 was almost a non-event as both sides in Africa were hamstrung by limits to their supply lines. It was only near the end of the month that the British managed to push across the base of the Cirenaican bulge and engage the German and Italain armour just inland from the coast. While the map below does not show it there is a respectable Brit Armoured Corps of three units (divs/bdes) just to the south east of the two infantry corps.

Opposing these British divisions are the three Italian mobile corps plus one German corps of 2 Pz and 1 x 7-10 motor inf. Supplies are in range so if desired an attack could be launched. The balance of forces looks like this:

2 x 10-8, 1 x 7-10, 2 x 4-6, 3 x 3-6, 2 x 2-10, 2 x 1-6

versus

(estimated) 2 or 3 x 8-8, 5 x 7-10, 1 or 2 x 3-8

Odds are roughly even but the Italo-German army has a few more strength points.

Up north near Benghasi are 2 Pz divs plus a 6-10 motor inf. A second 6-10 has just arrived in Benghasi itself. Four of the six Italian divisions in the area are exhausted (they'll be out of it for at least the next four weeks). All these divisions are still tied to Benghasi for supply but should be part of the main pipeline by the end of this month.

The is brace or two of British divisions and bdes to the east along the coast (not visible at the moment).

<<Tank Battles Near Msus>>

For tsar,

Here is brief over view of the Polish frontier. New infantry divisions are in the pipeline and by about 6/41 there should be just over 100 infantry divisions of all types plus the panzer and panzer gren units. The first of the fortification will be placed in 5/40 along the Bug River. About 2 forts per month will arrive thereafter.

The OKW reserve of 5 Pz, 3 Pz Gr and 6 infantry divs plus the two Pz Bdes is to the west

<<Eastern infantry screen>>

Attached Files
                            Last edited by The Purist; 20 Dec 09, 20:49.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Tsar, in reference to my PM to you, I really think we can do a major realignment of combat power between our fronts. From what I'm learning from Purist, I believe that the dispositions I proposed to you are much more possible than I originally thought. In fact, I'd recommend that at least part of my proposal be taken into account, as it could help either the East or South fronts.

In fact, with a handful of forts, the Atlantic Wall can become nearly impregnable to a 41-early 43 assault pretty easily. Additionally, any divisions that land would be impossible to supply or extract, so I almost request that the Brits land divisions as often as possible. With a Panzergrenadier and 2-4 infantry divs, I can kill off anything they send in and have plenty of time to resupply before the next 3 divisions make landfall.
                              Last edited by TacCovert4; 20 Dec 09, 20:32.

Comment

...In fact, with a handful of forts, the Atlantic Wall can become nearly impregnable to a 41-early 43 assault pretty easily. Additionally, any divisions that land would be impossible to supply or extract, so I almost request that the Brits land divisions as often as possible. With a Panzergrenadier and 2-4 infantry divs, I can kill off anything they send in and have plenty of time to resupply before the next 3 divisions make landfall.
                                Woah,...steady on there Tac. When the allies have 10 or 12 Amphibs they can be landing upwards of twelve divisions plus paras along a three hex front and supplying the troops over the beachheads. Commonwealth infantry divs are 7 attack in 1941, CW and US inf are 8 attack in 42+. Four of these divs with air support and shore bombardment will succeed in landing against Italian infantry and the Pz Gr divs will not be able to throw them into the sea.

Furthermore, the forts are relatively expensive and come at a cost of other units (if you are building forts you are not building other units). Not everything can be built nor can it be built in unlimited numbers. Economics and logistics play a very real function in this game. Frankly, just as in the OTL, it is impossible to build a true fortified barrier along the Channel coast Sorry.

This doesn't mean you can't make life difficult for the allies but an Italian garrison in the west will need strengthening over time,... especially after the US enters the war (in about 12 months )
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X