Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company name: Adelfoi Argyron Aspidon

Race: Macedonian (predominant), Samnite

Current forces: 120 x Alexandrian Veteran Agema Hypaspists (Heavy Armor, Aspis, Xiphos, Sarissa, Javelins)

Forces After Recruitment:

120 x Alexandrian Veteran Agema Hypaspists (Heavy Armor, Aspis, Xiphos, Sarissa, Javelins)

52 x Samnite Hero Swordsmen (Medium Armor, Scutum, Sword (Xiphos, Kopis, or similar), Javelins)

52 x Samnite Veteran Peltasts (Medium Armor, Scutum, Xiphos, Javelins)

Company treasury:

Starting = 0

Gained During Contract= 125 Payment plus Bonus, 90 Loot (after All Splits)

Total = 215

Paid salaries = 7 (Half Upkeep, Samnite Winter Guests)

Recruitment Costs= 208

New Balance = 0

Wintering at: Samnium (Will feast and train the new additions hard wherever our hosts wish us to encamp)
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post

This is to make my job slightly easier
      Also to be in character, I don't think Bolgios would have full control over his Celts coming and going during long periods of inactivity, maybe roll a few dice ?

And we belong to a bigger army after all, unless they do something very unexpected, we'll just march with them

I'll be back at the office Monday I can always fill in the form then if needed...
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Heh. Celtic office worker bitch.
        On Monday my men and I will be drinking the finest wine served from the most comely of woman, as we boast of our glory and laugh at your lack of it.

( ok Monday is a public holiday here, the drink tap beer, and the comely wench a single mum of 7 with a bad attitude, but still..

Mwahahaha!
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Also to be in character, I don't think Bolgios would have full control over his Celts coming and going during long periods of inactivity, maybe roll a few dice ?

And we belong to a bigger army after all, unless they do something very unexpected, we'll just march with them

I'll be back at the office Monday I can always fill in the form then if needed...
          I’m willing to do something along these lines. Your “recruitment” would totally be based upon your reputation or victory in battle or personal combat. The higher your glory, you get a boost to your roll. Seem fair?

If you go this route, you essentially don’t have finances and give your winnings to your men. All you keep track of is your total forces.
          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

I’m willing to do something along these lines. Your “recruitment” would totally be based upon your reputation or victory in battle or personal combat. The higher your glory, you get a boost to your roll. Seem fair?

If you go this route, you essentially don’t have finances and give your winnings to your men. All you keep track of is your total forces.
            Perfectly - tnx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Perfectly - tnx.
              Roll-17+2 from victory in battle=19

Celts to the north hear of the generosity of Bolgios with his men and flock to his banner. When numbers are tallied up, 150 Celtic heavy cavalry and 50 more light cavalry have flocked to the banner of the victorious Bolgios.

Comment

• Alright, once Snowy posts his new forces, we’re ready to go. Our Roman player won’t be back till next week, but we’ll move on in the meantime. I’ll start working on the new contracts and have them posted soonish.

Comment

• Aegeus watches his freshy raised group of peltasts train under the watchful eye of five of his best men. The Samnite Swordsmen, all notable fighters vouched for by their chieftains, train nearby, and those agema not already on assignments make preparations for the next campaigning season or wrestle and spar for fun. But these particular Samnites, these Aegeus had hand-picked from amongst the volunteers that had come forward to be recruited. He had tested their mettle against one of his men, tested their arm, and selected those he felt were the most suited to the task. Which meant that their training, their lives, and the lives of the rest of his company lay upon his decision, the responsibility of command.

Throughout the winter snows they had trained. Men who had seen campaigns before grew even harder under the sort of relentless training regimen that was borne of campaigns from Boetia to the Indus. The peltasts trained to fight, and fight as a single organism with fifty two swords and fifty two shields, and to rain a hail of javelins upon a foe with speed and precision. Indeed before the winter snows had abated, even the local heroes had ceased to rest upon their laurels and had begun training in earnest, lest their claim to deeds be outdone in the upcoming campaigns.

And now, with the last of their equipment finally finished, Aegeus himself issues each man his proper armor, sword, and shield. While perfect uniformity was not possible with so many village smiths and craftsmen at work, and without the guilds that ensured uniformity within the armies of Macedon, Aegeus had done what he could. Each shield's boss was well polished to a silvery sheen only outshone by the real silver leaf decorating the Agema's devices. And each shield was painted with a bright white standard on the blue field to accentuate the boss. Aegeus congratulated all the men, the new peltasts and the local volunteers, for their hard work, and promises another valiant struggle and plenty of honors and loot as the new campaigning season begins......

Comment

Alright, once Snowy posts his new forces, we’re ready to go. Our Roman player won’t be back till next week, but we’ll move on in the meantime. I’ll start working on the new contracts and have them posted soonish.
                    Alright so that’s 200 Celtic Lancers and 100 Celtic light cavalry. Your 200 Celtic Lancers will be functionally identical in this situation.
                    Casualties
                    10 light horsemen KIA
                    15 light horsemen WIA
                    5 heavy horsemen KIA
                    8 heavy horsemen WIA
                    Makes for 187 heavy horsemen, 75 lights after the battle.

Added to that 150 Celtic heavy cavalry and 50 more light cavalry, makes 337 Lancers, 125 lights.

As before the lancers will be split up in 1st line and 2nd line of 168, 169 men respectively.

If all the wounded make it back (think I read that somewhere ?), that would be 168 LA, 177 LA, 140 LT….

1st line is slightly smaller, because not every new recruit would be allowed to fight there, if they come alone, they would be tested in second line first.
                    Last edited by Snowygerry; 09 Mar 20, 05:32.

Comment

• Contracts

Trouble in the East-
                      Far to the East in India, Alexander's recently conquered territories stirred and the natives considered what was to come after the death of the great Alexander. Taxiles, king of the rich principality of Taxila that had immediately surrendered upon Alexander's arrival in his lands, gazes warily towards the south where his rival Porus dwelt. Sworn enemies before the arrival of Alexander, only Porus' convincing defeat at the Battle of the Hydapses had forced Porus to join the same side as Taxiles. Despite both currently being satraps in the Macedonian Empire, Taxila is wary of aggression from King Porus and seeks to bolster his defenses in case an incursion does come to his borders. Messengers are sent far and wide to any places that mercenaries are known to frequent promising vast riches in exchange for their services in protecting Taxiles and his territory. Porus has only grown more brazen in his aggression and despite obtaining some mercenaries during the last campaigning season, Taxila decides that he needs more quality men to prevent attacks from Porus and other threats in the area and so the reward is increased.

Reward
                      - 400 talents

2. Depredations in Pontus-
                      Scythian horsemen have been emboldened by their success elsewhere and those with links to the Black Sea have decided that the Greek port city of Trapezus was an easy target for their raids. Despite having excellent archers, the Greek city state has been unable to fight off the attacks by the Scythians who are too mobile on their horses for the Trapezians to catch without quality cavalry of their own. The Trapezians have decided to seek out the help of mercenaries on the matter and send out a request for any mercenaries willing to either defeat the Scythian menace or at the very least protect their farms and property from harm.

Reward
                      - 200 talents

3. The Conquest of Cappadocia-
                      With Phillip IV born to Roxanne and declared joint king of the Argead Empire with his uncle, Perdiccas feels secure in his position and continues to gather men and mercenaries to crush the Cappadocians and add the upstart kingdom to the empire. The Cappadocians are well known for their fearsome heavy cavalry that had been a staple of the Achaemenid military and their territory was rife with hills and mountains that made the possibility of an ambush very real. Perdiccas sends out feelers in the mercenary community to attempt to find any enterprising mercenaries willing to work for the empire.

Reward
                      - 300 talents

4. The Lamian War-
                      With Leosthenes' victory over the Boetians at Platea, the Greeks have won the first victory in the war against their Macedonian overlords commanded by the satrap Antipater. Leosthenes again puts out a request for mercenaries, but sends a messenger specifically to the Celtic mercenary Bolgios, offering to give him a seat on the war council and an increase in pay in order to hire him again as the rebel Greek army moves on to Thessaly, home of the famed Thessalian cavalry.

However, Leosthenes is not the only man looking to shore up his forces with mercenary help. The satrap Antipater also issues a call for mercenaries to flock to his banner, promising good pay, contacts in the empire, and a share of the spoils from the defeated rebel Greeks. Though his allied Boetians had been defeated, the main Macedonian army in Europe still remains undefeated and ready to take on the Greeks who sought to desert the empire due to the death of the great Alexander.

-Thessaly- Macedonians

Reward
                      Rebel Greeks- 250 talents
                      Macedonians- 350 talents

5. Chalcedon's Plea-
                      The Greek city of Chalcedon sat upon the coast of Asia Minor, close to the nation of Bythinia.For many years, Chalcedon had managed to remain relatively independent from foreign control and its citizens freely traded throughout the Mediterranean. The defeat of the Persians and death of Alexander changed that. The country of Bythinia, inhabited by barbarians related to Thracians, had rebuffed a Macedonian force sent to conquer them and now sought to expand throughout all of Asia Minor. Their first target, the free Greek city state of Chalcedon. A Bythinian army and small navy were sent to the city and it has been placed under siege, the citizens are desperate not to lose their sovereignty and fall under the rule of a barbarian Thracian king and so have sent pleas for help far and wide, including to any mercenary generals that would hear their message. In return for successfully saving their city from the Bythinian king Zipeotes, the city of Chalcedon is willing to give up much of their wealth to whoever manages to accomplish the deed. If such a savior would be Greek or Macedonian, it is even more likely that the city would be willing to defect totally to that person.

Location- Chalcedon

Reward- 1,200 talents
                      The city's allegiance if Macedonian or Greek

6. The Second Samnite War-
                      Their sharp defeat in the hills of Samnium has angered the Romans and they have sent two full legions into the area with allies to root out the source of the problem. With their families and farms in danger once again, the Samnites realize they must take action. The Samnite government recognizes the force that has been marshalled against them and raises forces of their own as well as sending out another call for mercenaries. This time, any mercenaries would receive assistance from the Samnites themselves in the fight with the Romans. Also, with his heroics defeat of the Romans, Aegeus is given first right of refusal as the commander of any mercenary forces that are hired to protect Samnium from the Roman menace.

Reward
                      -250 talents

7. The Lucanian Onslaught-
                      The Lucanians, an Italian tribal group in southern Italy, had been growing in power in Italy for decades. They had constantly gained territory at the expense of their rivals for years and had reached a level that they were finally able to struggle with the other great powers of the region, the Greek city states of Magna Graecia. The vicious conflict raged between the two groups for a while before the Greeks sought outside help to deliver them from the barbarian threat. First a Spartan general and army was imported to Italy and then an Epirote army under king Alexander, both armies were crushed by the Lucanians and the Greeks continued to lose ground. Now the Greek city of Thurii decided that the Lucanian depredations were too much and the city sent out a call for mercenaries and soldiers of fortune, offering top dollar to any that were willing to defend their city from the onslaught of the Lucanians and perhaps even take the fight back to them.

Location- Lucania, Thurii

Reward- 350 talents
                      Last edited by Delenda estRoma; 09 Mar 20, 20:33.

Comment

• Aegeus looks at the samnites, whom he has wintered with, and considers his options. While a fight is obviously in the offing in Italy, his success against the Romans is telling. He looks for whom he might split the bounty and loot with of another successful campaign.

Accepting offers......will probably choose the samnite contract, but I'll tender both offers for other contracts and for someone to join me. The samnite contract is winnable, and rome is nothing if not lavish in their baggage train to loot.

Comment

[B]

7. The Lucanian Onslaught-
                          The Lucanians, an Italian tribal group in southern Italy, had been growing in power in Italy for decades. They had constantly gained territory at the expense of their rivals for years and had reached a level that they were finally able to struggle with the other great powers of the region, the Greek city states of Magna Graecia. The vicious conflict raged between the two groups for a while before the Greeks sought outside help to deliver them from the barbarian threat. First a Spartan general and army was imported to Italy and then an Epirote army under king Alexander, both armies were crushed by the Lucanians and the Greeks continued to lose ground. Now the Greek city of Thurii decided that the Lucanian depredations were too much and the city sent out a call for mercenaries and soldiers of fortune, offering top dollar to any that were willing to defend their city from the onslaught of the Lucanians and perhaps even take the fight back to them.

Location- Lucania, Thurii

Reward- 350 talents
                          Interested, but my men aren’t toe to toe fighters. We’d need some heavy infantry to compliment us. Shame the pirate contract is taken.

does anyone need light/medium troops to screen an advance and/or be the men that finish of a broken enemy?
                          Last edited by Rojik; 09 Mar 20, 14:39.

Comment

• Other players can team up with each other to complete contracts or you can ask for rolls to see if NPCs would like to participate. In some cases, your employer will also contribute forces. Chalcedon being a good example since they’re fighting for their lives.

Comment

• Aegeus will take the Samnite Contract.

He still holds out hope that another great company will join him in this glorious endeavor to take the fight back to the Romans. However, he will also begin looking for other potential allies to assist the Samnites in taking on the legions.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                                Aegeus will take the Samnite Contract.

He still holds out hope that another great company will join him in this glorious endeavor to take the fight back to the Romans. However, he will also begin looking for other potential allies to assist the Samnites in taking on the legions.
                                I will join. 50/50 split. If you think I may need more troops I’m sure word of our recent exploits and treasure will make that an easy thing, but I tend to think that what I bring will be enough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X