Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Frtigern Rojik Need end of turn posts from you guys as well. Assume that you’ve made it back safely to wherever you’d like to winter. Keep in mind it needs to be somewhat close to Colchis and you can only recruit more men from the immediate area. You have the loot from the battle, but no pay.

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    I will base my purchase order with 40t in the chest and an earning of contract (450), captures (250) and loot of (20). That gives me 760t total.

50 elite Peltasts (250t)
    50 elite Cretan Archers (150t)
    50 elite Rhodean Slingers (150t)
    20 Heavy Infantry Kits (Converts Scutari to Dunamonaca (60t)
    40 Veteran Hoplites ( 120t)

This should give me 730t spent and 30t left. My Troops are split between Rhodes and Kyrene. I hope to unite them in this campaign.

I need to hear what pay is involved and what support I will get from the Rhodean Navy.

Pruitt
    Mind posting your total forces close to Tac’s format?

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Been a bit busy, but yes. Please make your end of turn posts.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I will base my purchase order with 40t in the chest and an earning of contract (450), captures (250) and loot of (20). That gives me 760t total.

50 elite Peltasts (250t)
    50 elite Cretan Archers (150t)
    50 elite Rhodean Slingers (150t)
    20 Heavy Infantry Kits (Converts Scutari to Dunamonaca (60t)
    40 Veteran Hoplites ( 120t)

This should give me 730t spent and 30t left. My Troops are split between Rhodes and Kyrene. I hope to unite them in this campaign.

I need to hear what pay is involved and what support I will get from the Rhodean Navy.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Aegeus leads his now quite enlarged force out of the region, as per the obvious wishes of Leonnatus. He arranges for them to reach Italia barely before winter, and sets up a winter camp in the backwater of Samnium where he trains the men ruthlessly in preparation, for what most of them do not know. The veteran Samnites, Macedonians, and Neopolitans know that he is preparing the army not just to reclaim Neopolis, but to hold it against the inevitable Roman onslaught. With the blessing of the gods, and the late crossing, and wintering in friendly Samnium, Aegeus takes every precaution to prevent Rome from learning of this army's arrival near their doorstep, which would surely spur them to call up great armies. Better to be the wolf in the forest than the lion visible on the plain, and take Neopolis without warning and thus have time to prepare properly for a Roman counter, and call upon such worthies as Bolgios' cavalry for that great battle if it should come.

Company name: Adelfoi Argyron Aspidon

Race: Macedonian, Greek, Samnite

Current forces:

Agema Elite Hypaspists: 87 (heavy armor, aspis, sarissa, xiphos, javelins)

Greek Hardened Hypaspists: 320 (heavy armor, aspis, Sarissa, xiphos, javelins)

Samnite Hardened Peltasts: 76 (medium armor, scutum, xiphos, javelins)

Epirote Elite Phalangites: 102 (medium armor, telamon shield, sarissa, xiphos, javelins)

Forces After Recruitment:

Agema Elite Hypaspists: 87 (heavy armor, aspis, sarissa, xiphos, javelins)

Neopolitan Agema (Hardened) Hypaspists: 320 (heavy armor, aspis, Sarissa, xiphos, javelins)

Samnite Hero (Hardened) Swordsmen: 82 (medium armor, scutum, xiphos, javelins)

Epirote Elite Phalangites: 102 (medium armor, telamon shield, sarissa, xiphos, javelins)

Greek Veteran Hoplites: 1,200 (Heavy Armor, Aspis, Dora, Xiphos)

200 Athenian Veteran Cavalry (Medium Armor, Pelte, Dora, Kopis)

225 Greek Veteran Archers (Unarmored, Bow, Xiphos)

600 Greek Veteran Peltasts (Medium Armor, Pelte, Xiphos, Javelins)

Company treasury:

Starting = .8t

Gained During Contract= 300t

Total = 300.8t

Paid salaries = 281

Recruitment Costs

18t (6 more Samnites 2+1)

New Balance = 1.8t

Wintering at: Samnium (Provided my connections still maintain there. I am continuing to recruit the best Samnites I can, am pouring money into the Samnite economy, and am wanting to meet quietly with the Samnite leaders about the future of the region and how we might work together to keep Rome from overrunning the region.)
    Last edited by TacCovert4; 09 Jul 20, 11:14.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I have a rough draft of mine ready.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    At this point, probably everyone doing their standard end of turn posts. I'll get to mine sometime this week.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    What exactly are we waiting on now?

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Rojik, we will all have to pay upkeep the next turn. You might split the loot so Frt gets enough to pay his share. You could also ask that General which Governor is under suspicion.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Frtigern
    replied
    I'm simply following Rojik, my understanding was that he was chasing pirates but said pirates have taken refuge within the Colchis kingdom and he was confronted by a mounted army of Colchis. I agreed to help Rojik break the deadlock so we could hopefully dispatch the pirates and close the contract, yet it seems we are now at war with Colchis and our two mercenary companies are no match so it seems we have abandoned the contract since it seems the pirates are either under protection by Colchis or are actually Colchians acting as pirates.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Lets get the next turn going.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    We said what we were going to do

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Frt, Rojik, what you want to do?

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    You guys understand you attacked an army camp because they told you that they wouldn’t let you in under arms into Colchis? None of whom knew much at all about pirates or any such thing other than rumors. Rather than going by sea, sneaking around the camp, or any other method other than massacring a military garrison? And you were told of the rumors of possible state support of the pirates in the advertisement.....

Leave a comment:

• Frtigern
    replied
    Artorious agrees with Rojik decision, if it is true the state is supporting these pirates, this is no simple anti-piracy contract. We cannot take on a whole kingdom. We came to assist Rojik and kill pirates, not get embroiled in state sovereignty.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X