Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Awesome. Mostly Tac and Snowy is mulling his options.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I found a pm from Frt. He likes my rough plan,

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I want to go to Crete. I have not heard from Frt as yet.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Everyone feel free to weigh in on your contracts? I’ve only had contact with one player so far.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    You suggested I look at Celtic Heavy Infantry and here are some I came up with:

Solduros (Gallic Noble Infantry)
    Boii Cingeros (Boii Swordsmen)
    Golberi Curoas (North Gallic Swordsmen)
    Neitos, (Gallic Heavy Swordsmen

These are all well armored and armed, well trained and not impetuous. I prefer an anchor to my line that I can maneuver around.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Is there some kind of deadline set ? I'd like to consider my options for a few days, but don't want to hold up the game either...

Most players seem committed to a particular campaign.
    Feel free to take two to three days. I’ll start moderation on Monday if that works for you.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Is there some kind of deadline set ? I'd like to consider my options for a few days, but don't want to hold up the game either...

Most players seem committed to a particular campaign.

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    Will this mean we will have Galatian and Uazali units available for Ptolemy?

Pruitt
    Uazali yes, Galatians don’t exist yet. Just hire Celts, same thing basically.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Will this mean we will have Galatian and Uazali units available for Ptolemy?

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    It’s possible. Those finishing up contracts quickly can likely grab another closeby before the end of the season. Though, depends on the contracts in question.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Three of those look good! Maybe they will still be there after Crete?

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Non Exclusive Contracts-

The First Diadochi War-

With the lines of the first war among the Diadochi being drawn, mercenaries were in great demand in the East. Leonnatus issued a call for any mercenaries looking for work to attend him in his capital in Pella and Perdiccas also sent word to various mercenaries that any who wished to work could find a new paymaster in his capital in Babylon. Another major player, Ptolemy, also uses his massive resources to attract mercenaries to Egypt.

Leonnatus- Leonnatus is looking to hire mercenaries for a variety of purposes. He’s seeking warriors willing to guard his borders against Thracians in the North as well as other mercenaries to help with the Greek surrender in the South. Lastly, he’s sending a force to secure new territories in Asia Minor.

Pay- 500 talents to fight in the North, 300 to go to Asia Minor, and 250 to police the Greeks.

Perdiccas- Perdiccas is building an invasion army and is willing to use some of the massive fortune Alexander acquired in his Eastern campaigns. Word of the mountains of silver and gold being offered in exchange for military service draws thousands to Babylon to assemble into a grand army.

Pay-650 talents

Ptolemy- Ptolemy is seeking a group of mercenaries for an, interesting secret project and he is willing to pay handsomely for it. His agents are extremely secretive about the mission and few are offered the contract.

Pay- 750 talents

Colchian Retribution-

Colchis, angered by the mercenaries’ attack on her borders at the behest of Sinope, seeks to hire a force to exact revenge against the high handed Greek merchants. A company is sought that is able and willing to lay waste to Sinope’s merchant marine and territories.

Pay- 400 talents

Intervention in Iberia-

The Punic city of Gades in Iberia has recently been beset by numerous attacks upon her people and possessions in the countryside. The usually peaceful peoples surrounding the city’s territory have disappeared and have been replaced by a hostile entity that leaves little room for the people of Gades to make their living. The elders of the city seek a company willing to investigate the matter and restore peace and balance to their territories.

Pay- 500 talents

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Well there are Celts in Italy too - it's not likely that Bolgios will march his men and horse from Greece to Italy, if such a "strategic" move were to be done it would be a small party of nobles, their family and retinue travelling by ship, then recruit locally.

But more than likely the upcoming war among the Greeks will provide all the opportunities we need, that's the reason I set up in Athens in the first place 3 seasons ago.

Italy is a backwater in this timeframe, Brennus plundered Rome at the start of the century and that is the last we will hear from those upstarts - Greece is the center of the world
    Snowy is correct. Greece and Asia are where the superpowers are about to come to blows, Italy is currently a backwater, though an eventful one at that.

However, with the events that have happened. The Lamian War is over. Leonnatus has taken over Macedonia and Greece, but the First Diadochi War is just about to begin.

Snowy, I’ll generate a list of contracts for you to take a look at.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Aegeus would speak to Bolgios and tell him that he would be honored to have the Celts march to Italy.
    Well there are Celts in Italy too - it's not likely that Bolgios will march his men and horse from Greece to Italy, if such a "strategic" move were to be done it would be a small party of nobles, their family and retinue travelling by ship, then recruit locally.

But more than likely the upcoming war among the Greeks will provide all the opportunities we need, that's the reason I set up in Athens in the first place 3 seasons ago.

Italy is a backwater in this timeframe, Brennus plundered Rome at the start of the century and that is the last we will hear from those upstarts - Greece is the center of the world
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 17 Jul 20, 01:45.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    If they have no missile troops, I can spare them a few. Ten per Trieme should not over load them. They can help row.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X