X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    I need some information about this village I have surrounded. Does this wall reach into the water? Are the Pirate ships behind these walls? Can I build some platforms that would allow me to fire into the village? Is there enough combustibles to set fire to the wall? I don't mind if we don't burn through it, I want the people inside to use their water to fight it. I can use my Missile Troops to keep the locals from taking water from the beach.

Pruitt
    Yes it reaches a bit into the water. Yes, the ships are pulled up on the beach inside the walls. I mean, that’s possible. Possibly, but getting close enough to the wall long enough to set it ablaze would put you in range of their own missile troops. This is a fairly small encampment btw.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I need some information about this village I have surrounded. Does this wall reach into the water? Are the Pirate ships behind these walls? Can I build some platforms that would allow me to fire into the village? Is there enough combustibles to set fire to the wall? I don't mind if we don't burn through it, I want the people inside to use their water to fight it. I can use my Missile Troops to keep the locals from taking water from the beach.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    When do I get a recruitment roll?

Pruitt
    When you become a tribal leader that keeps zero payment or loot, gifting it all to your men, and instead rely solely on the luck of dice rolls for your soldiers.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    When do I get a recruitment roll?

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Thank you very much - give a few days to come up with a plan, or shout if you urgently need my orders

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Tnx.

I think I was due a recruitment "roll" before the start of this season no ?

Unless I missed it somewhere....

My unit strength at the end of last season can be seen in this post, after accounting for losses in the last battle.
    My bad Snowy, you roll pretty well and attract 200 lancers and 100 more light cavalry before heading off to Asia. Putting your numbers at

670 Veteran Celtic Lancers

270 Veteran Celtic Light Cavalry

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    Alexander’s Sarcophagus

Bolgios and his men were clandestinely picked up by a Ptolemaic fleet from Greece, only merchant ships and a few akatos were used to conceal the fact that that the convoy was being used to transport soldiers. The journey was relatively uneventful and after several weeks of hugging the coast of Anatolia, the convoy reached the shores of Phoenicia where Bolgios and his men were deposited at on the shore. Guides took them further inland where before long Bolgios and a few scouts sighted the mass of men. The men estimate anywhere from 1-2,000 men are in the group, only about 2-300 of them mounted.
    Tnx.

I think I was due a recruitment "roll" before the start of this season no ?

Unless I missed it somewhere....

My unit strength at the end of last season can be seen in this post, after accounting for losses in the last battle.

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Just for easy reference, no changes :

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...19#post5199519

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Pruitt orders his army unloaded. The Horse Troops will circle around the village and cut off anyone getting out. The Light Infantry surrounds the wall and will target anyone that shows over the wall. The Light Missile troops (minus the Rhodian Slingers) will set up to fire fire-arrows and heated shot into the village. Two Rhodian ships and five transports (10 Rhodian Slingers and 10 Scutari) stand off the beach and fire incendiaries into the Pirate ships. The Hoplites and Dunaminca will guard the grounded transports. The Scutari and Sarmatian Spearmen build ladders and battering rams. One Rhodian Trieme stands off the beach and looks for incoming Pirates.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    Alexander’s Sarcophagus-

Bolgios and his men were clandestinely picked up by a Ptolemaic fleet from Greece, only merchant ships and a few akatos were used to conceal the fact that that the convoy was being used to transport soldiers. The journey was relatively uneventful and after several weeks of hugging the coast of Anatolia, the convoy reached the shores of Phoenicia where Bolgios and his men were deposited at on the shore. Guides took them further inland where before long Bolgios and a few scouts sighted the mass of men. The men estimate anywhere from 1-2,000 men are in the group, only about 2-300 of them mounted.

Cretan Piracy-

With platforms finished being built on the transports provided to Pruitt and his allies from the steppe, the transports and Rhodian warships head towards Crete. Searching up and down the Cretan coast, Pruitt and his allies are only able to find one small village that seems to contain pirates. A few trihemiola are sighted on the shore as well as a rough wooden wall that has been built around the encampment. Pruitt’s men await his orders in how to approach the encampment if at all.

Neapolitan Intrigue-

The journey for Aegeus and his new forces, essentially an army now with the Grecian additions, is uneventful. The Macedonian ships are not molested by anyone for fear of reprisal, and Aegeus and his forces are dropped off on shore without anyone sighting them. Aegeus’ cautious approach pays off, cavalry patrols capture or kill anyone that sights the army and none escape to inform the Romans of the approach of a hostile force into Roman territory. Arriving with night covering his forces, Aegeus sees that a side gate has been opened for him as promised. His men await his word as the Neapolitans wait for the Roman yoke to be lifted from their neck.

Leave a comment:

• Delenda estRoma
    replied
    I’ll update tomorrow then and we can go from there for everybody.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Pruitt's troops on Rhodes and at Kyrene start to build fighting platforms on the transports. When Frt gets here we can go.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    With the knowledge that Rome's eyes would be hard upon Samnium, Aegeus takes his boats on a circuitous route, aiming to make landfall not far South of Neapolis and use his cavalry to eliminate anyone trying to send alarm to Rome while his emissaries contact their cohorts in the city to get things ready for that phase of the operation. Ultimately, Aegeus knows that he must maintain his force together, and keep from being involved in a major pitched battle before he has time to better prepare. The best chance of that is for Neapolis to fall quickly and quietly, so that Rome does not have time before the end of the season to make preparations to bring him to battle.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    See ya in the next game.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    From what I can see, I’m not sure if Rojk is continuing. So you may have to proceed without him Frt.
    My men have decided to disband. I will ransom the general, split the money with fgt and return home. Dead men can’t enjoy money.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Ptolemy- Ptolemy is seeking a group of mercenaries for an, interesting secret project and he is willing to pay handsomely for it. His agents are extremely secretive about the mission and few are offered the contract.

Pay- 750 talents
    Rumour has it Bolgios has accepted this contract.

Details are scarce atm - as one can expect in such matters.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X