New Ancient Wargame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    Could I get some feedback on what the Carthaginians want taken first and what measures we will take with people that surrender? If they don't surrender when we find them we will pillage and loot the place.

Pruitt
    Once everyone has a contract, you’ll each receive a separate update regarding your contract.

Also, the reason for the higher pay is because you will have to take a nuanced approach to the rebellion. Natives and Carthaginians are mixed and Carthage wants no property destroyed or people killed that aren’t absolutely necessary. Breaking the rules of the contract will result in pay reductions.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

• From what I have seen, Carthaginians were located in their zone of control, in the coastal areas. It would make little sense to expect Mercenaries to take the whole island when the Carthaginians have not taken it already. The Sardinians were brought under control by economic means. The patriarchs were used to Carthaginian trade goods. It reminds me of how the North American tribes brought under control by the Hudson Bay Company. The tribes could not do without the White Man's metal goods and textiles.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        From what I have seen, Carthaginians were located in their zone of control, in the coastal areas. It would make little sense to expect Mercenaries to take the whole island when the Carthaginians have not taken it already. The Sardinians were brought under control by economic means. The patriarchs were used to Carthaginian trade goods. It reminds me of how the North American tribes brought under control by the Hudson Bay Company. The tribes could not do without the White Man's metal goods and textiles.

Pruitt
        The Sardinians were conquered by military force, there is record of the campaigns it took to subjugate them and the Phoenician colonies there. I’m not here to debate historical fact, just to moderate the game. Please await the update.

Comment

• I think I would rather have the Kyrene job instead of Sardinia. I will be curious to find out more about it.

Pruitt

Comment

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
            Leonnatus’ aides send back a message that states that if a force of good veteran cavalry and phalangites were to join him, payment could be increased fittingly.
            As already indicated in private, Bolgios will team op with Aegeus to meet requirements for this improved contract.

Word is sent to Leonnatus accordingly, Leosthenes is informed in a timely manner to allow him to make arrangements.

I assume that 'strategic transfer' from one theatre to another is abstracted ? If not, I can write up orders for a 'road march'

just let me know.

Tnx.
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 11 May 20, 01:25.
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Aegeus meets with Bolgios before marching into Leonnatus' camp. With Bolgios Heavy Cavalry leading and Light cavalry trailing the column of Agema and peltasts, Hardened Epirotes, and Veteran Hypaspists as they march into the camp with their arms and armor polished and cleaned.

The Hypaspists and phalangites halt and pivot with practiced ease as Aegeus and Bolgios approach Leonnatus to speak to him about payment for the services of such obviously skilled and numerous soldiers.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Piracy in the Black Sea-

Rojk and his men journey to Sinope, marching through Asia Minor to Pontus by the roads that the Persians had built and that the Diadochi now controlled. The journey goes without great issue, despite Alexander’s death, his Diadochi have attempted to keep some sort of peace throughout the empire. Upon arriving, a messenger from the city’s oligarchs comes to Rojk, giving him specifics on his mission. The pirates seem to use mostly biremes and other small craft, though equipped with rams, they prefer to board so as to capture ships and their cargo intact. The Greeks of Sinope are unsure of the location of their bases, but are fairly certain that they are located somewhere along the coast of Colchis. Whether they are directly sponsored by any group, the Greeks are uncertain. Rojk and his men can choose to approach by land or sea, the people of Sinope can provide transports, but most warships have been kept busy elsewhere.

The Lamian War-

The war draws ever closer to a climactic end in Greece, the Athenian navy having been crushed in the Battle of Amorgos by Cleitus the White. With the seas clear, Leonnatus crosses with his army close to Lamia. Encamped not far from Lamia, Leonnatus has sent feelers to bolster his forces with mercenaries before his clash with Leosthenes. The arrival of Aegeus and Bolgios is notable, and while the number of their forces was not large they seemed to be of at least some quality. An offer of 600 talents is tendered to them as well as other rewards if their valor in battle is proven, as well as input on the war council which begins in mere minutes. If the mercenaries accept, their captains are invited to attend.

Maritime Protection-

Ships come to collect Pruitt and his forces upon his acceptance of the Kyrene contract. Within a few weeks he and his men stand in the harbor of Kyrene looking upon the six round merchant ships loaded with silphium. The merchants’ messenger informs Pruitt that he may alter the ships and arrange his men aboard them as he sees fit to protect them from pirate attack. He may also speak with the captains to change course to their destination, which the messenger states to be Rhodes. With that, the messenger leaves Pruitt and his men on the docks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                  The Lamian War-
                  The arrival of Aegeus and Bolgios is notable, and while the number of their forces was not large they seemed to be of at least some quality. An offer of 600 talents is tendered to them as well as other rewards if their valor in battle is proven, as well as input on the war council which begins in mere minutes. If the mercenaries accept, their captains are invited to attend.
                  Bolgios will attend the war council - obviously.

Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Aegeus, privately to Bolgios, accepts, telling his captains to see to the disposition of the men while he goes to the war council with his Agema's second in command. Aegeus remarks to Bolgios that they will both get as much as most other offers in guaranteed cash, with plenty of available loot to build their reputations and their forces for next season as he waits for bolgios to dismount and join them before they give their joint answer by walking to the war council.

Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Pruitt arranges for his Light Cavalry horses to be stabled in Kyrene. That handled, he orders a light platform built over the bow and aft. of each boat. There is room for five to ten missile troops on each. Each boat will receive a mixed crew of troops and they will rotate to sea and on land. A typical crew will be ten Balearic Slingers, ten Light Infantry, and fifteen Scutari. Troops left in Kyrene will train in formations and short marches. Troops onboard ships will help row when needed. Ships will travel in Convoy and practice formation sailing. Light Infantry will practice throwing Javelins with burning material attached.

Pruitt asks to see what course the ships always steer. It might be better to steer for Crete first and then turn for Rhodes.

Pruitt

Comment

• The Lamian War-

Bolgios and Aegeus arrive just as the war council is set to begin within the confines of the command tent. Leonnatus sits at the head of the table, easily recognized by his regal bearing and fine armor. His officers are mainly Macedonians with a few Greeks and Asians also present, likely natives from his satrapy. Leonnatus notices the arrival of the mercenary captains and beckons for them to sit before addressing his men. “There are some things that I have already determined and one of them is that we must meet the Greeks on the field of battle. They have revolted against the empire and we must be the ones to crush their resistance and return them to the fold. What remains is how we shall defeat Leosthenes and his coalition. Their cavalry is likely superior, I admit that. The desertion of the famed Thessalians has certainly hamstrung our ability to operate in the field, but all is not lost. Our phalanx is unbeatable and we have veterans here that have crushed the Greeks before and can do so again. Before I decide my course of action, I would seek counsel from you all, my officers.” Some of the officers advocate for a night attack to nullify the enemy’s superiority in cavalry and numbers, others recommend a battle in the open field, and others yet, though few and quietly, say to await reinforcements. What say Bolgios and Aegeus?

Comment

• Maritime Protection-

Pruitt’s horses are freely stabled by his employers and the merchants do their best to build the platforms on their ships to his specifications with the materials they have at hand. Their ships are from 250 to 500 tons and of the Kerkouros type, with combined rowing and sailing capabilities. The offer to help row is appreciated and they i form Pruitt that they generally follow the coast of Libya before voyaging across the sea towards Rhodes. Generally Crete is avoided if possible due to its reputation.

Comment

• Can we put a small catapult onboard? Something big enough to fling a jar of hot coals on closing ships.

Pruitt

Comment

• No materials, cash, or expertise aboard to build catapults.

Comment

• Pruitt's men go onboard each ships and prepare "Hiding Places" where the troops can hide until they are ready to surprise any attacking Pirates. Two places are prepared to heat clay sling pellets. These can set the other ships on fire. Lookouts will be placed on the mast while sailing.

Pruitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X